Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

£6500 on Sat

Considering there were over twenty six thousand that''s pretty poor. I bet the average contribution was at least £1 , so maybe 18500 never put a penny in. Duncan deserves more than that.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Considering there were over twenty six thousand that''s pretty poor. I bet the average contribution was at least £1 , so maybe 18500 never put a penny in. Duncan deserves more than that.[/quote]From what I understand (the way I read it anyway) that is what was collected in buckets, that will be donated to the Alzheimer''s charity.The money from programme sales, that will go to fund Duncan''s care, hasn''t been totalled up yet.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Considering there were over twenty six thousand that''s pretty poor. I bet the average contribution was at least £1 , so maybe 18500 never put a penny in. Duncan deserves more than that.[/quote]From what I understand (the way I read it anyway) that is what was collected in buckets, that will be donated to the Alzheimer''s charity.The money from programme sales, that will go to fund Duncan''s care, hasn''t been totalled up yet.[/quote]

As I understood it Morty is correct, program sales to Duncs family to aid his ongoing care, buckets to the charity

If you consider New Zealanders donated $155,000 in 2 days to a 7 year old Japanese girl who got mauled by 4 dogs while visiting relatives in New Zealand - the collection on Saturday is pretty low.

However if this money was going to Forbes himself the amount would be been a lot higher.

Maybe people thought that by buying a program they were doing their bit. It would be intersting to know if program sales were higher than usual, my guess is they may have been.

[quote user="Brienne"]Maybe people thought that by buying a program they were doing their bit. It would be intersting to know if program sales were higher than usual, my guess is they may have been.[/quote]Are people trying to create issue here where there isn''t?Profits from the sale of the programmes (as I understand it) will go directly to Duncan''s care.I should imagine programme sales will be considerably higher than normal.

Yes it is pretty poor.

But you can''t force people to give to charity. I only had 50p in my wallet, would have given more if I had it. Many many reasons why people didn''t put any money in a bucket, and mostly justifiable even if just to that persons.

Are the club adding anything to the donation? Or is them not taking profit from the programmes their way of contributing?

[quote user="Brienne"]Some people may be trying to create issues here but I am most certainly not.[/quote]

Me neither, genuinely wondered out of interest, regarding my own question re: complementary programs, it''s a PR opportunity to show the ''family'' side of the club which following on for the piece on MOTD with Ryan & Elliott Bennett would be another positive, lord knows we could do with a few of those!

Why do people feel the need to pick over this?It was a lovely gesture by the club, they didn''t have to do it. Why try and draw some negatives from it?You could also donate online, which I did. So hold your horses in criticising the amount of money raised.

Several people including me gave extra money to the programme sellers so there should be a wad of cash coming from that source.

To be fair anyone attending Carrow Rd last Saturday would have had to have been at least 40 to remember him turning out in a City shirt.To us older fans he meant a great deal but to others I''m afraid he''s just one of many ex-players they''ve heard their Dad''s talk about.

[quote user="Six Pack"]If you consider New Zealanders donated $155,000 in 2 days to a 7 year old Japanese girl who got mauled by 4 dogs while visiting relatives in New Zealand - the collection on Saturday is pretty low.[/quote]If consider that you can fit considerably more people into New Zealand than into Carrow Road, and that 2 days is considerably more time than 1 football match, turns out Kiwis are a bit stingy.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Considering there were over twenty six thousand that''s pretty poor. I bet the average contribution was at least £1 , so maybe 18500 never put a penny in. Duncan deserves more than that.[/quote]

not having a go but do you have a retartation.

I didnt notice the collection boxes on arrival at the and I certainly didnt hear much shaking and jangling on the approach to the ground. However following the moving talk from Mrs Forbes I was keen to donate and so looked for the collection boxes after the match. I even went back into the ground to enquire - only to be told they had been put away ''ages ago''

I, like many others, would have gladly doated -  If the club had only thought to keep these open in the break and after the game - much more Im certain would have been collected

[quote user="sm1986"]

I didnt notice the collection boxes on arrival at the and I certainly didnt hear much shaking and jangling on the approach to the ground. However following the moving talk from Mrs Forbes I was keen to donate and so looked for the collection boxes after the match. I even went back into the ground to enquire - only to be told they had been put away ''ages ago''

I, like many others, would have gladly doated -  If the club had only thought to keep these open in the break and after the game - much more Im certain would have been collected

[/quote]You can donate online, I''m sure its not too late[Y]

And heres the link, so you can donate.http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=Duncanforbes2014

And just to add, the people with the collecting buckets were unpaid volunteers.

Were there many buckets there? I went to one immediately after having bought my programme(in front of the Barclay). I was not conscious of any others before I got to my gate at the N&P end of the Jarrold. Maybe I was not looking as I had already donated but there did not seem to be that many about.

So maybe not so bad an effort after all. I remember Duncan well - captain when I first started supporting. But as has been pointed out you need to be of a certain age to really make the association.

So as Morty has said lets look at the positives. The Alzheimer''s charity is £6,500 better off thanks to the generosity of our supporters.

Morty, I think you are right.

It''s Hughton''s fault. There would have been more money in the buckets if we had won. And you know that is down to his substitutions.

The board should have sacked him weeks ago, we''d have been relegated for sure then, but at least the buckets would have had more money in them . . . .

Hang on, oh yes, real world, here I come!

[quote user="chicken"]Morty, I think you are right.

It''s Hughton''s fault. There would have been more money in the buckets if we had won. And you know that is down to his substitutions.

The board should have sacked him weeks ago, we''d have been relegated for sure then, but at least the buckets would have had more money in them . . . .

Hang on, oh yes, real world, here I come![/quote]Bucket collections were far more successful under Lambert[:(]

the problem is that unless you have someone close who has been affected by alzheimers it is still a fairly new disease to many .

i work for a company that has a charity week every year to raise money for this cause and help the heroes and it is really hard to get people to contribute .

A sign of the times maybe...

I have to say I was fairly underwhelmed by the figures.

I wasn''t sure exactly what was what in terms of the collection versus programme so I bought a programme for the first time in decades and put a couple of quid into the bucket, I would have expected £10,000+ though.

Dandy Mountfarto wrote:

If consider that you can fit considerably more people into New Zealand than into Carrow Road, and that 2 days is considerably more time than 1 football match, turns out Kiwis are a bit stingy.

..................................................................................

Ha ! Ha ! I''ll tell my New Zealand friend (in kiwi accent) - listen mate ! We can raise $6,500 in just one & a half hours ! And that doesn''t include the programmes !

[quote user="skippdogg"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Considering there were over twenty six thousand that''s pretty poor. I bet the average contribution was at least £1 , so maybe 18500 never put a penny in. Duncan deserves more than that.[/quote] not having a go but do you have a retartation.[/quote]

Oh the irony Skippdogg. Oh the irony!