Sign in to follow this  
hook norton canary

Official Capacity

i think the 26,000 was just a rounded up estimate.

I myself found this wierd.

Yesturday 25,654 or whatever it was, and it awas 97% - meaning its impossable to be 26,000

This is what I believe the capacity is.

Barclay 6,125, N+P 5,799, GW City Stand 4,243 (that is definte amounts), Jarrold Stand 8,212= 24,379. Corner Infill 1,510= 25,889 and then the spaces for disabled which make capacity with them included at 26,034.

Attendance does occur considering the amount of away fans, the segregation point (roughly 280 seats lost) and any possible empty seats from home fans and I did notice a very few yesterday where I sat.  Yesterday''s attendance was 25,459 and with roughly 430 seats (if my estimation on the Jarrold Stand and corner are correct) lost through those methods.

[quote]i think the 26,000 was just a rounded up estimate. I myself found this wierd. Yesturday 25,654 or whatever it was, and it awas 97% - meaning its impossable to be 26,000[/quote]

If 25,654 is 97% full then 100% full works out to be 26,447.

So it''s easily possible to clear 26,000.

[quote]If 25,654 is 97% full then 100% full works out to be 26,447. So it''s easily possible to clear 26,000.[/quote]

The percentage is that of the tickets sold that turn up.

So 97% means 3% of the attendence that bought tickets but didn''t show (usually season ticket holders that dont appear).

[quote]The percentage is that of the tickets sold that turn up. So 97% means 3% of the attendence that bought tickets but didn''t show (usually season ticket holders that dont appear).[/quote]

How do they know if the season tickets are no shows or not - we never get swiped in or anything to register our attendance?

Shropshire...

Safety rules mean that the Club has to record how many people enter the ground and this is counted by a clicker on the turnstiles. (In the case of the City Stand and Snakepit which don''t have turnstiles you''ll notice that the stewards have hand held clickers for doing the counting).

The percentage is calculated by dividing the number of people in the ground by the total number of tickets sold for the match. (i.e total number of season ticket holders plus number of match tickets sold).

You are right to say though that the club don''t know if the people who haven''t turned up are season ticket holders or people who have just bought a ticket for that match.

It is not just the season ticket holders who do not turn up but all people who have a ticket.

The club sell all the tickets therefore 100% is say 25,600 (given the divide in the Jarrold stand and any unsold away seats).

When we pass the the turnstiles the operator clicks the clicker in their hand.  These clickers are all then added up to show how many people have actually entered the ground.  If this total is 24,800 then this is 97% of the ticket holders for that game that actually made it into the ground. This is why the call it a turnout of 97%.

The ones that don''t make it would USUALLY be season ticket holders as buying a one off ticket and then not going is less likely.  But there are many reasons why people with a ticket don''t make it.

A few years ago the club used to announce the attendance as being the number of people that made it into the ground.  But they realised they were understating the "support" as they had actually sold more tiickets than that.  And for the records and the sponsors, etc the higher the attendance the better!!!

Reading from what they said, the season ticket amount at CR is 20,250 and I think that when you present your ticket at the turnstile, the operator will of course press that clicker thing to say that you''ve gone through. Generally a ticket which is a stub and needs part of it removing will be kept over and when the attendance is totalled up this will be taken into account. Season Tickets go through the person presses the clicker, but with a ticket stub they''ll press the clicker and remove part of the stub and keep this over and so they know how many people haven''t gone through with a season ticket. This is probably how they work it out. Of course for cup games when its all ticket, the % amount can''t happen because their are no Season ticket holders using their ticket.

e.g. Charlton. Their are 20,250 (approx) STH''s and with 97% this means that there were at least 19,642 season ticket holders in the ground.