Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Most influential player?

For a long time its probably been considered to be Wes (or Holt) and last season arguably Bassong. But who would you vote for as our key player, our most influential and the biggest loss were they to leave in the summer? Whilst I agree Wes can be a big influence and some games definitely seem to miss him, I would probably have to say John Ruddy. I dont think he''s been quite at his best this season, but there have been times he has single handedly won us points. I cant really think of another player who is likely to have had such a big influence on points, though that could be said of all goalkeepers. Most important player on the pitch?

Tough call. I think Howson and Fer are very important to us. Without either of them you''ve got no real direction in midfield. They''re the ones with the ability to move the ball around and exert some influence over the way we play. Without them we''re sorely lacking ideas in the centre.

I think Turner has been quite a big loss. I would say that, where and when it counts, he is our strongest defender. I think Yobo has done quite well since he''s been here and I''m pleased we signed him in Turner''s absence but from what I''ve seen so far Turner defends better.

Ruddy, Tettey & Fer, the rest have have had little noticeable impact when not playing, we improve for these three and suffer when they are not present

Missing Snoddy has as much impact when he''s not playing. Unfortunately he''s not as popular as the others. In this poor season he''d be my shout for POTS so far. But he did miss that penalty....

For me currently it is Ruddy, with Fer and Howson having made telling contributions. That said I still feel that Redmond can be a big spark in our side if we can get the best out of him over the last few games. I do however hold little hope of Hooper or RvW being the difference this season.

Turner, Martin and despite the flack Snoddy....because they give it 100% most of the time and do appear to care and play for the shirt.....agree that Turner has actually been a huge miss.  

Agree on Ruddy and Ollsson. Between those 2 for me. And because we can''t seem to cope at all without Ruddy, I''d give it to him. Garrido can just about do a job in Olsson''s absence.

The question was "most influential player" rather than POTS, in which case I think there is no single player in the squad who can be said to be influential. And that is one of the issues that needs to be addressed.

For POTS at the moment I''d choose Tetty.

If I was to breakdown the work "influential" it would consist of, who''s a leader on the pitch, who''s performances are consistent and who would be the talker in the dressing room.

For me it would have to be Ruddy.

At times this season he has won us points, he''s spoke up about a few things and is without doubt a leader.

I''d like to say Martin too but his performances have dropped this season.