Sign in to follow this  
unique

Norwich v Southampton

Not 9 hours, 30 seconds. No, not funny either but still miles better and more original than LDC''s zinger.

Besides, one need not be a performer or writer to have been involved in comedy or any other aspect of show business. You ever see all those jobs listed in movie credits? Hardly any are for performers or writers.

Your closing comment (unless it''s writing jokes) was pretty funny.

Houston, you''re about as funny as a dose of the farmer''s.

If you think you have any ability at comedy then you are completely deluded.

First of all, I didn''t claim to have comic ability beyond an understanding of it based on previous ecperiences. Ron obvious, if you think I said otherwise, you are deluded. Or stupid. Probably the latter.

Secondly, I get a lot of compliments on here for making humorous comments, so if you think I can''t be funny enough to get others to take time out of their days to send an appreciated acknowledgement of that, you must be deluded. Or ignorant. Or stupid. I make similar compliments to funny comments, but most people laugh and move on quietly. So for each acknowledgement, there are likely dozens of others who enjoyed it, too.

If you wanna talk shipt about me, at least have a clue what you''re saying is accurate. That also goes out to the cosmopolitan who think Space City Houston is a backwater outpost. Nobody''s singing incest songs about Dynamo fans.

Southampton home game was one of my few matches at Carrow Road and at the time they bored me and I called them "formula football".......since they went on that great run and havnt looked back and all credit to them. That said, they are beatable, but we will have to be at our best and dare I say not think we can getaway with playing Wes as a starter again or RVW.....apologies to the fans of these two... 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]First of all, I didn''t claim to have comic ability beyond an understanding of it based on previous ecperiences. Ron obvious, if you think I said otherwise, you are deluded. Or stupid. Probably the latter.

Secondly, I get a lot of compliments on here for making humorous comments, so if you think I can''t be funny enough to get others to take time out of their days to send an appreciated acknowledgement of that, you must be deluded. Or ignorant. Or stupid. I make similar compliments to funny comments, but most people laugh and move on quietly. So for each acknowledgement, there are likely dozens of others who enjoyed it, too.

If you wanna talk shipt about me, at least have a clue what you''re saying is accurate. That also goes out to the cosmopolitan who think Space City Houston is a backwater outpost. Nobody''s singing incest songs about Dynamo fans.[/quote]

Now that is hilarious, but not in a good way............you implied that you were experienced in comedy, full stop - attacking RO isn''t going to change that.  Also, bragging is not going to help your street cred - compliments should be enjoyed - not paraded around.  Imo your brand of humour is about as subtle as a rhinocerous charging at a tree.   Some find that form of humour funny, others, I suspect a majority, find it quite the opposite.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]Also, bragging is not going to help your street cred.....[/quote]You mean like some guy recently boasting about how much he''d won off the bookies? [:''(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Also, bragging is not going to help your street cred.....[/quote]You mean like some guy recently boasting about how much he''d won off the bookies? [:''(][/quote]

[:D]  Oh yes, that reminds me.........what are the odds on us winning 1-0 on Saturday..................

I responded to RO''s attack full stop.

Im not parading compliments you idiot. They are on public display all over this forum. Im just proving my point with evidence instead of ignoring the accusations or changing the subject.

As for a rhinos you are hardly one to talk. Your insipid excuse making and nonsensical repetitive threads that ignore real issues with the team bash people over the head like the same, but lovelorn sad beast who just wants people to love him.

And once again for the hard of thinking, being involved in comedy doesn''t make me a comedian any more than being involved in NCFC makes you a player, or with this website makes you a journalist. But being around comedians did confirm in me an understanding of what it quality humor.

Some of mine is brash but plenty is nuanced, probably too nuanced for a full-time Pinkun message board flunky to appreciate.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Also, bragging is not going to help your street cred.....[/quote]You mean like some guy recently boasting about how much he''d won off the bookies? [:''(][/quote]

[:D]  Oh yes, that reminds me.........what are the odds on us winning 1-0 on Saturday..................[/quote]Err, don''t you usually name the scorer as well?Give us that and I''ll find out the odds. [;)]

You mean like some guy recently boasting about how much he''d won off the bookies?

HAH. ↑↑↑↑↑

Almost as funny is LDC using "street cred" like he''s some sort of homeboy from da ''hood. This is an internet forum, not Brixton.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Also, bragging is not going to help your street cred.....[/quote]You mean like some guy recently boasting about how much he''d won off the bookies? [:''(][/quote]

[:D]  Oh yes, that reminds me.........what are the odds on us winning 1-0 on Saturday..................[/quote]Err, don''t you usually name the scorer as well?Give us that and I''ll find out the odds. [;)][/quote]

Already found out.   The odds are 190-1 -  Bassong (from a corner, maybe)

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Agree with Jimmy, Fonte is woeful. Its difficult to know which striker to have, because I think Hooper would score in a Southampton team, but also they play different kinds of balls to the strikers than we do, so Ricky might have more of a chance as well. Think Redmond would get in their side as well as Ruddy[/quote]

I think the wolf would score in there team, also Swansea.

I''d take clyne lovren shaw schneiderlin lallana Rodriguez Ramirez cork ward-prowse.

But they''d probably struggle here.

I think there''s a strong argument to say none of our players would get into their side to improve it.

Southampton fans wouldn''t take Ruddy ahead of Boruc, unless it was based on age/nationality, and Redmond would need to polish up his shooting boots if he was to force his way in.

So it begs the question, how are they man for man better than Norwich, have our players regressed so much this past two years?

190-1, 1-0 and Bassong to score first. Wow thanks LDC! I remember that thread a couple of months back. You stated your winning totals over the last couple of season''s, betting on our result''s. Into the thousands of pounds all up, if I recall correctly? You shouldn''t feel pressured to share your rare and unique gift, but I think we should all feel privileged that you''ve taken to tipping us this week.

at least a cb has scored in 2014 - on that basis the odds of a 1-0 win and our striker to score must be over 200s?