Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

Five great years for Norwich City

Yes, I am talking about the last Five.

From the wilderness of league one to the onset of PL medeaocracy. Been 5 great years.

So where to from here? And can the majority of fans handle it.... It would seem not. We have a group of players who ,when they are all on song , can compete with anyone. But those days when they are all on son are few. You have to pay a lot more money for the level of consistency required to match the likes of Southampton and Newcastle.

We do not and, for the foreseeable future, will not be able to match the funds others have at their disposal. So what do we do different to have an opportunity one day to compete. I think we are doing.

In sticking with Hoots we are taking a long term view to bring a bunch of low standard PL players together and play in such a way that we are difficult to beat and, hopefuly next year, score a few more goals. We have seen glimpses of what is poss I.e but do not yet have the players for it to be repeatable.

Do you abandon this route for something different? Or do you stick when those around flap about with new managers and rebuilding teams.

Our club has chosen to stick, and iIMHO have done the right thing. It is brave. It has divided the fans.

The hatred on hear show towards Hoots amazes me. He is blamed for anything and everything. He is an escape goat. There are many reason we are sometimes poor. And a lot of the time it is not down to tactics or Hoots.

My hope for the rest do the season is that the team perform out of there skin and we end up in tenth. I expect it to be a tad harder than that but we will survive.

I am not sure that a lot of fans will.....

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]He is an escape goat......[/quote]Best I ring the farmer and tell him then. Would hate our manager to end up as road kill. [:S]

"We have a group of players........who can compete with anyone."

"....a bunch of low standard PL players......."

I''m confused. Which is it?

Brilliantly put Keep The Faith, couldn''t agree more. As you correctly say "The hatred on hear (sic) show towards Hoots amazes me. He is blamed for anything and everything. He is an escape goat. There are many reasons we are poor. And a lot of time it is not down to tactics or Hoots". It absolutely amazes me too. Just shows what a fickle bunch of fools football fans (of any club) can be.

Good stuff fella.I tell my kids that they are unlikely to see as successful a period for Norwich City in a long, long time, the last 5 years, and especially the league 1 and Championship years were amazing.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]

In sticking with Hoots we are taking a long term view to bring a bunch of low standard PL players together and play in such a way that we are difficult to beat and, hopefuly next year, score a few more goals. We have seen glimpses of what is poss I.e but do not yet have the players for it to be repeatable[/quote]

was this not being said at the end of last season though? Because last season we struggled for goals but looked better defensively and Hughton was going to sort it out in the summer. We got RVW and Hooper - but both have struggled for goals. So we are now hoping next year we will score a few more goals. So next year we will probably be saying the same again - lack of goals are not a new issue