Sign in to follow this  
daz

shame southampton have........

lambert,lallana and shaw........ you would think really at this time of the season to be relaxing a bit as they are safe and realistically cant get much higher............

but unfortunately the 3 I mentioned have got to try even harder to try and get to the world cup...

well lallana is already there and probably shaw too so there is a chance none of them will want to risk an injury...

That reminds me, Southampton are above us and will finish above us.

Therefore all those people that said they''d come racing past us when we were in League One were right!!!!!

We all knew it really. Well done guys.

[quote user="daz"]lambert,lallana and shaw........ you would think really at this time of the season to be relaxing a bit as they are safe and realistically cant get much higher............

but unfortunately the 3 I mentioned have got to try even harder to try and get to the world cup...[/quote]

.........and we have Hooper, Redmond and Howson.   Younger and much potential there imo.  

[quote user="NodgeFan"]We have no chance of getting anything against Southampton.

And that is the depressing current situation of our Club and the gulf between the two clubs.[/quote]

1. We do have a chance of getting something2. The current situation is only depressing if you want to be depressed.   3.  The gulf is so big between the clubs that we beat them last time out......................

Potential in LDC''s opinion doesn''t mean results now. Your comment has nothing to do with the topic. Just more boring drivel that ignores our current precarious position that has been achieved by all that potential.

We need an emoticon that indicated vomiting.

... we do have a chance of getting a result there and yes we did beat them last time out. I''m sure those who want to be miserable were equally pessimistic about being stuffed before the recent games v Man City and Tottenham.

I''ll go with LDC''s half-full positive attitude any day.....of course we have a chance of getting something from this game, it will be tough of course, but we have a good chance if an all round decent performance is put in.......which will be helped if Tettey is fit and we play a strong midfield unit. A point would be terrific under the circumstances...... 

LDC just happens to be right you miserable ....

I didn''t say he was wrong, did I, you illiterate.......

His comment was way off target. His next one did address the issue in his typical mealy-mouthed fashion. Obviously we have a chance at a win, and a good chance at a draw. As I said on another thread, if there was no chance, why play the game?

meal·y-mouthed (mē′lē-mouthd′, -moutht′)

adj.

Unwilling to state facts or opinions simply and directly

Southampton are actually better away from home than at home. They have 5 wins from 14 at home. I''d say we have a chance. We actually have a better home record than them. They have clever players that can unlock things away from home unlike our players but they don''t have any especially imposing players other than Wanayama. We have every chance of getting something so long as we don''t shoot ourselves in the foot like we seem to be making a habit of at the moment.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Potential in LDC''s opinion doesn''t mean results now. Your comment has nothing to do with the topic. Just more boring drivel that ignores our current precarious position that has been achieved by all that potential.

.[/quote]

B*ll*x. It has everything to do with the topic.   All I was doing was talking up our own players instead of dribbling over other team''s players.   If you don''t value Redmond, the goals that we know Hooper has in him and the value of Howson to our cause,  then you may as well go and support someone else.  The potential is there - and it is potential that is there for the next game.  Get it now Hooston?

In fairness LDC, our three aren''t pushing to get in the world cup squad, which was the point of the OP. So it wasn''t really relevant to the topic. Although I''m not sure Houston needed to get so angry about it. I think I get what you mean though. We have exciting players too and all with something to play for - their premier league futures.

Your second comment is bang on the money though. I never know why people say ''we have no chance'' before any game. On any given matchday anyone can beat anyone. We all know that!

Jack Cork will miss Southampton''s Premier League clash with Norwich on Saturday due to an ankle injury. He picked up the knock in last weekend''s 1-0 win over Crystal Palace and his replacement in that match - Victor Wanyama- is also a doubt for the weekend. The Kenyan midfielder has suffered a blow to the leg he fractured earlier in the campaign and will be assessed.Who knows, they have an off day, and we have one of our good ones...

They''re not that good. Obviously Lallana is a very good player and Rodriguez (I believe once viewed as a waste of money on here) carries a threat, as does Lambert.

But after a very bright start to the season they''ve fallen away a bit and I think they could struggle a bit more next year - particularly if they sell a couple of the players mentioned above.

Have to expect a tough game and we will need to play better than we have in the last two games but with the right approach from the manager and the players I think we can get a result there.

Yeah, but...apparently every other team in the entire division is improving and streaming up the table and Norwich just never win a game, ever.

[except for the seven we''ve already won this season]

And it''s JUST SO UNFAIR!

[throws toys; sucks dummy; sulks]

Well Lallana is the only one who looks to have nailed his spot down on the plane. Lambert will compete with Carroll and Defoe and co for the 4th striker slot after Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck, Shaw is fighting a losing battle with Cole, Rodriguez is in a similar boat to Lambert.

Lallana seems to have won his battle against Barkley after a great performance last Wednesday. I just hope it finally clicks up front for us for once and that Hughton doesn''t screw up another positive result by taking our best player off yet again!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="daz"]lambert,lallana and shaw........ you would think really at this time of the season to be relaxing a bit as they are safe and realistically cant get much higher............

but unfortunately the 3 I mentioned have got to try even harder to try and get to the world cup...[/quote]

.........and we have Hooper, Redmond and Howson.   Younger and much potential there imo.  

[/quote]

None of the 3 you mention are anywhere near in contention for the England World Cup squad.

Returning back to reality and in the here and now, I would rather the 3 Southampton players atm!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="daz"]lambert,lallana and shaw........ you would think really at this time of the season to be relaxing a bit as they are safe and realistically cant get much higher............

[/quote]
Younger? Shaw is the youngest, the OP also forgot Rodriguez who is younger than Howson and Hooper and much more likely to make the squad than Lambert. And there is potential in our three, but the Southampton three (ignoring Lambert), then add in Ward-Prowse who''s 18ish and quite possibly going to be better than Howson.
No point pretending they don''t have more ability and potential.
Yes we beat them, and we can beat them again. But we also beat Spurs, so are we better than Spurs? You know it doesn''t work that way.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="daz"]lambert,lallana and shaw........ you would think really at this time of the season to be relaxing a bit as they are safe and realistically cant get much higher............

.........and we have Hooper, Redmond and Howson.   Younger and much potential there imo.   [/quote]
Younger? Shaw is the youngest, the OP also forgot Rodriguez who is younger than Howson and Hooper and much more likely to make the squad than Lambert. And there is potential in our three, but the Southampton three (ignoring Lambert), then add in Ward-Prowse who''s 18ish and quite possibly going to be better than Howson.
No point pretending they don''t have more ability and potential.
Yes we beat them, and we can beat them again. But we also beat Spurs, so are we better than Spurs? You know it doesn''t work that way.
[/quote]

Yes, you''re right of course. It was a rather hurried response and  I was thinking of Lambert and Hooper, Redmond with Lallana, with the younger remark.  So two out of three isn''t too bad..........

I have no doubt that the Southampton players are good, even to the point of going to the world cup, but sometimes I get the feeling that people get too wound up with who we are playing against instead of appreciating our own  players.   I don''t particularly want to think of them being that good, because I want to see them looking ordinary and ineffectual against us and I want to see Redmond Hooper and Howson outshine them - which I think they can.    

Its all about how the players perform on the day and I don''t care if the Southampton ones are playing for a place in the world cup squad  - our players will be playing for NCFC - and that may be more telling, because  it is playing in the  here and now, not for some other team and some months away.  

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Potential in LDC''s opinion doesn''t mean results now. Your comment has nothing to do with the topic. Just more boring drivel that ignores our current precarious position that has been achieved by all that potential.

.[/quote][+o(][Y]