Sign in to follow this  
Holtcantshoot

A growing sense of indifference and detachment

Holtcantshoot fairly adequately represents my feelings to. There have been one or two nice surprises, Spurs, ManCity for example, but otherwise there seems to be something inevitable about our destiny.

The manager seems not to know how to arrest our progress, or how to make the players turn up. I think that the writing is on the wall, and that the worst fears of a growing number of us seem be about to be realised.

I still think that our meteoric rise to the Premiership, which didn''t allow consolidation, was probably too rapid, and that we did not find a sufficiently able manager.

Of course, I''m still hoping for a minor miracle, but......

I dont think we need a miracle just yet, we are not nine points adrift at the bottom and have plenty of points to play for.

Also, just an observation on comments made not just on this thread bu occasionally on others too..........whilst I acknowledge that in a lot of games our performances havnt been as offensive as many of us would like, under PL even in the lower leagues, whilst yes we were more offensive we were not all out attack and in particular our performances in the EPL in that first season were very patchy to see the least and these also came with a very decent sprinkling of good fortune. Our biggest wins were by two goals and one of them against a very disgruntled Villa, had our usual defeat by Fulham, an absolute no show at Sunderland and in a couple of other games were not at the races...oh and received a couple of tonkings and had a couple of unexpected wins too...well, thats how I remember it.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I dont think we need a miracle just yet, we are not nine points adrift at the bottom and have plenty of points to play for.

Also, just an observation on comments made not just on this thread bu occasionally on others too..........whilst I acknowledge that in a lot of games our performances havnt been as offensive as many of us would like, under PL even in the lower leagues, whilst yes we were more offensive we were not all out attack and in particular our performances in the EPL in that first season were very patchy to see the least and these also came with a very decent sprinkling of good fortune. Our biggest wins were by two goals and one of them against a very disgruntled Villa, had our usual defeat by Fulham, an absolute no show at Sunderland and in a couple of other games were not at the races...oh and received a couple of tonkings and had a couple of unexpected wins too...well, thats how I remember it.

[/quote]

Actually Mark I have found many of our performances this season offensive. Not in an attacking sense though, more like they have been insulting my mother.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]Was just wondering whether anyone else is beginning to experience the same growing sense of indifference towards this current Norwich team as I am at the moment? Don''t get me wrong, I don''t want us to get relegated as such. I just don''t really mind. A bit like when you go to watch a film and the plots so dull you stop really caring what happens to the characters.[/quote]Can''t say I''ve ever felt like that in 60 yrs of supporting.The one thing I have learned in that time is that there are fewer exciting seasons than boring ones. Those three Lambert seasons really were an exception rather than a rule.