Sign in to follow this  
RodneyTrottersFC

How dare I think we should be better than how we are currently...

We''re over estimating our club.... Just ignoring the blatant hypocracy as the people that say this accuse us of being negative.... I just wanna say this...

Under an attack minded manager: after 4 games, our lowest position all season was 13th.

We were a surprise package, you say? Shame that didn''t help all the teams that have got relegated in their 1st season up... Including us, last time round.

Hughton has increased our clean sheet frequency... And yet, still 18th for goals conceded. And no need to remind you of how things stand regarding our goal prowess....

The ''04-''05 season we posed a better goal threat.... But our diabolical defence let us down .... It highlights (as if needed) that the importance of a good defence can''t be overlooked.

It is a simple, unarguable fact that if the opponent score 3, you need to be able to score 4 for the win.... Sitting on a one goal lead is IMO never a good idea...

To summerize: goals win games. Lambert proved we can score goals. Hughton is proving an inabilty to mastermind a team with a goal threat. It''s not "thinking we should be world beaters" ... It''s "we shouldn''t just accept this crap".

Ya dont say?

I didn''t expect you to be the one to say it... But I did anticipate a comment of that mould....

Tell me: where does it say I even want the self-serving ship jumper back?

Give me more credit AND actually read what I have written: Lambert just proved we can score goals and handle ourselves in the EPL.... I believe I said pretty much exactly that

"How dare I think we should be better than how we are currently..."

You''re title is strange.   We all want us to do better than we are currently.  It''s no secret and we all want the same thing.  Its just that there are different views as to how this is best achieved.

Lambert proved nothing.  I''m not denegrating him, far from it - he was brilliant for us.  But, he kept us in the league on a wave of momentum, belief and positivity - and Grant Holt.  

Players score goals, not managers - and the chances have been there this season for us to hit the net more often.  Its down to them to take those chances. 

Fair point about the title.... I only said it because I''ve lost count of how many times I''ve been accused of overestimating NCFC.

That''s about the only part of your comment I agree with...

What do you mean lambert proved we can score goals? We also had a pi$$ poor defence. Hughton prioritised the defence for his first season, and we finished even higher. This season we''ve tried to be more balanced which is the right idea, but we look a little to flat this season for my liking, but is understandable.

I read what you posted the first time and to me, yes we would liked to have kept the goals and hope holt would continue to score into his late 30''s, but the defence needed work on. If we got both we''d be in a champions league position by now.

I meant exactly what I said.... We scored more under Lambert... Our defence was leaky... And yet... Just as I was saying.... It wasnt poorer than how our goal threat was good...

We finished a place higher with less wins, less points, less goals AND a worse GD..... It''s not SOLELY about position...

no its not SOLELY about position, its about progression. I can see why people look at the low amount of goals scored, but to say Lambert did it so why can''t Hughton is pretty ignorant in my opinion. I can understand that you don''t think he''s right for the progression of the club by trying to find a more balanced approach because like these sugar daddies, they want quick results.

How is that ignorant?!? I know our defence needed working on... But not at the cost of goal prowess! My whole point is that with an attack minded manager: we do better.... "if lambert could do it, why can''t Hughton" IS a fair point..... Under both managers, we still remain NCFC....

If we swap the 38 game form between PL''s EPL season and CH''s first in charge... 1st season up we would have finished 14th and last season would have been 9th (yes, that''s assuming the teams around us keep their form.... That''s my next project.... Finding out how true that theory is)... And this season looks set to be worse..... We agree the lack of progress is blatant, dont we?

I think next season will tell the real story, where Hughton will have to really earn his money to win the fans over fully. But that theory of yours....well you answered it yourself

I get the OP and understand the frustration. In answer to the subject regarding we should be better than how we are currently, I agree, it''s clear for everyone to see that we should of course be scoring more goals, and if we had we would be better, obvious but true. That line I feel is very fine and I have never known a season where, and I know some will say this has nothing to do with it, we have had so little good fortune/luck...it seems to have passed us by, particularly when I watch some other teams get bucket loads of it. Anyway, all it would have taken was probably just three or four goals from RVW and a couple more from Hooper and we would be comfortable or more comfortable in the league, and both of these players, regardless of how many chances they have had, should have done better and in both cases I am convinced that they will, just hope that it happens from now until the end of the season. So,yes we should have done better...........

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I think next season will tell the real story, where Hughton will have to really earn his money to win the fans over fully. But that theory of yours....well you answered it yourself[/quote]

Actually, NOW I''ve answered it myself:

I hold my hands up to being wrong (well... Half wrong), such is the purpose of research (to test hypothesis).... If you swap the forms of our first season up with last season AND factor in the difference it makes to the rest of the league: our first season up we would have still finished 12th BUT last season we would have indeed finished 9th ;-)

Mrs Miggins wrotethink next season will tell the real story, where Hughton will have to

really earn his money to win the fans over fully. But that theory of

yours....well you answered it yourselfHe better not be here next season. for all the reasons the OP has pointed out

what reasons, he has given one reason to why hughton should be sacked, which was that we don''t score enough goals....then he went onto lambert

Really? You''re honestly saying that''s all you''ve got from everything I''ve said? Nothing I''ve said rings true as a stand by able criticism of Hughton? ... I overestimated you ;-(

The swapping form thing was just a harmless "what if" scenario and wasn''t meant to be taken seriously. It does go to show, other results do play a big part on where you can finish.... but nothing beats looking after your own form and being above people people because of said form instead of irrespective... A slightly better performance could be the difference between 11th and 9th ;-)

Rodney, that''s how I felt when this Norwich should be grateful, for just being in the EPL type reporting. And IMO some fans are falling for it and agreeing with it without question. While conveniently letting it slip their minds how dreadful many games have been.

Yes, again imo. I think a little more attack minded manager could have earnt us maybe half o'' dozen more points. And a little more entertaining football.

And before I get shot down for that opinion. It is easier to say it as a fan, rather than a board member who can actually push to do it.

[quote user="Private Frazer"]Rodney, that''s how I felt when this Norwich should be grateful, for just being in the EPL type reporting. And IMO some fans are falling for it and agreeing with it without question. While conveniently letting it slip their minds how dreadful many games have been.

Yes, again imo. I think a little more attack minded manager could have earnt us maybe half o'' dozen more points. And a little more entertaining football.

And before I get shot down for that opinion. It is easier to say it as a fan, rather than a board member who can actually push to do it.[/quote]Or perhaps, given the quality and quantity of players we have available, shipped a few more goals and earned less points?All about opinions...

Rodney, it''s a free country, you are entitled to think whatever you like.Perhaps you should stop and think about all the other teams in the bottom half of the league. They and their supporters no doubt think the same thing as you do, that they should really be doing better than their current form and position. For NCFC to be better than it is means that a lot of other teams must be worse than they in fact are. That''s how a league works and after three quarters of the season teams are mostly where they are on merit.We think we should be better than most of the bottom half teams and they are all thinking the same thing as we are. The truth is that there is bugger all between 10 teams so the difference between 10th and 18th owes as much to good fortune as to anything else. At the end of the season the three worst teams will go down and we could easily be one of them.

Ricardo the voice of reason and reality.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Private Frazer"]Rodney, that''s how I felt when this Norwich should be grateful, for just being in the EPL type reporting. And IMO some fans are falling for it and agreeing with it without question. While conveniently letting it slip their minds how dreadful many games have been.

And before I get shot down for that opinion. It is easier to say it as a fan, rather than a board member who can actually push to do it.[/quote]Or perhaps, given the quality and quantity of players we have available, shipped a few more goals and earned less points?All about opinions...[/quote]

or fewer even.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Private Frazer"]Rodney, that''s how I felt when this Norwich should be grateful, for just being in the EPL type reporting. And IMO some fans are falling for it and agreeing with it without question. While conveniently letting it slip their minds how dreadful many games have been.

And before I get shot down for that opinion. It is easier to say it as a fan, rather than a board member who can actually push to do it.[/quote]Or perhaps, given the quality and quantity of players we have available, shipped a few more goals and earned less points?All about opinions...[/quote]
Or fewer even.