Sign in to follow this  
Chippy Minton

CH has told friends....

.... that he expects to leave Carrow Road in the summer.http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/03/15/4685423/-Maybe he has had enough of the constant speculation and decided to move on.If this is true (and not just rumour-mongering journalism) I hope the board have a good set of options to replace him and not just the ''usual suspects'' that are currently out of work. I''m not close enough to the wider world of football to suggest a replacement - who would have recommended Pochettino, or even Wenger come to that, before they arrived in England for example? And I don''t want to suggest managers who are currently employed.I do have reservations over Lennon. Ronald Koeman has expressed an interest in Swansea. Could we hijack that deal? would we want to?Hoping for a good performance and at least no loss today. OTBC.

Must be his ''nice chap'' nature leading him to trusting people who''d happily sell the story to a journo.
Or its all made up.
Because its a pretty safe assumption to think he''ll be out at the end of the season based on comments we''ve had from McNally during the season. Even if we stay up a heck of a lot of fans are frustrated with the way we play, even if they aren''t ''Hughton outers''. And a manager can''t survive, or even thrive in those conditions.

I think it''s fairly obvious Hughton will leave this summer, wherever we finish. If we remain the Premier League after this season, I think some of the candidates will be:

Neil Lennon

Tim Sherwood

Uwe Rosler

Malky Mackay

Steve Bruce

Plus an Italian or two, probably.

Well if that''s the case. why doesn''t he announce that he will be leaving at the end of the season , end the uncertainty and leave with his dignity intact ?. Peter Grant knew when his time was up and is better thought of.

Its made up journalism.Phrases like :  "McNally publicly admitted last month that Norwich were considering

replacements for Hughton, claiming it would be “delinquent” not to weigh

up their options"  are twisting or at least adding supposed meaning to what McNally actually said - that any CEO would be aware of potential other managers should their manager leave for any reason.   At no time did he say anything or intimate anything about Hughton being sacked. 

Neil Lennon - no thanks. Tosser of the highest order.

Tim Sherwood - tactically retarded.

Uwe Rosler - potentially decent, but not really tested at a decent level.

Malky Mackay - potentially, but a lot of it is ex-Norwich sentiment.

Steve Bruce - has he really achieved much anywhere else? Hull is probably his best effort so far.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Can he just f**k off now? Come on the porch at half time and publicly resign? I am sick of him running our team.[/quote]

Despite my above post, I do actually agree. I''m sick of it.

For the first time a few minutes ago I considered cancelling my season ticket DD. Sure I won''t, but the temptation to not watch turgid 5h1te every week is huge.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]QH Canary - phrases like ''tactically retarded'' and ''tosser of the highest order'' mean that i take your opinion with a pinch of sea salt, sir.[/quote]

Take it however you want. I won''t change my mind.

I will happily pack his bags and drive him to any club naive enough to employ this joke of a manager. Don''t let the door hit your arse on the way out Chris.

QHcanary,

I have a feeling you will get to see a tosser of the highest order here next season (if not before), afterall his season is all but over in Scotland and he has nothing left to play for as they are out of the cup. IMO Uwe Rosler has the makings of a damn good Prem level manager, might just be a tad too early, but hell, as we say with players, if you''re good enough..........