Sign in to follow this  

Next 4 games: Sunderland, Swansea, WBA, Fulham

How many points do you think we will win?

Its certainly big decision time for McNally and co. If the fixtures were the other way round with the 4 hard games before the 4 games against our relegation rivals you''d think there is little harm in leaving Hughton in charge for them.Realistically these 4 games will define our season and with the way we''re playing at the moment we might need a new manager bounce to make the most of them.

Wasn''t there a thread like this earlier in the season with the same exact fixtures in a row? Believe I predicted 4 points and we got 5. I''ll go for 5 points again this time, as I have to stick with my predictions from the thread before the Stoke game (which have been spot on btw). I anticipate 1 point from the final 4 games. I think we are looking to finish 17th or 18th.

I can''t see us winning any of them, 3 points at best! We must get him out and hope for a good reaction from the players, give them a bit of freedom and at least if we go down go down fighting.

I think the 4 teams we''re playing want it more than us so I can''t see us winning.We might scrap a couple of draws so it has to be 2 for me.

On the last 3 games you can''t see us getting what we need from those 4.

6 points for me.  Two home wins, two away defeats.  Seattle Canary - that earlier thread was mine as well.  For me, these are the games we should be winning if we aim to stay up.  A win, two draws and a defeat left us no better off last time around.   I suppose we shouldn''t be surprised it''s come down to this once again.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]6 points for me.  Two home wins, two away defeats.  Seattle Canary - that earlier thread was mine as well.  For me, these are the games we should be winning if we aim to stay up.  A win, two draws and a defeat left us no better off last time around.   I suppose we shouldn''t be surprised it''s come down to this once again. [/quote]
Yeah. I just checked my predictions on the "last 6 games predictions" thread, and I said:
Stoke - D
Saints - L
S''land - D
Swans - D
WBA - W
Fulham - L
Think I''ll stick by that. Sickened that I am yet to be proved wrong.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]6 points for me.  Two home wins, two away defeats.  Seattle Canary - that earlier thread was mine as well.  For me, these are the games we should be winning if we aim to stay up.  A win, two draws and a defeat left us no better off last time around.   I suppose we shouldn''t be surprised it''s come down to this once again. [/quote]
Yeah. I just checked my predictions on the "last 6 games predictions" thread, and I said:
Stoke - D
Saints - L
S''land - D
Swans - D
WBA - W
Fulham - L
[/quote]Get your money on relegation then because that won''t be enough.

4 straight wins... or we are buggered. Need to play like the WBA game last season... all or nothing. Go for it FFS!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]6 points for me.  Two home wins, two away defeats.  Seattle Canary - that earlier thread was mine as well.  For me, these are the games we should be winning if we aim to stay up.  A win, two draws and a defeat left us no better off last time around.   I suppose we shouldn''t be surprised it''s come down to this once again. [/quote]
Stoke - D
Saints - L
S''land - D
Swans - D
WBA - W
Fulham - L
[/quote]

Get your money on relegation then because that won''t be enough.[/quote]
Yeah I feel even getting those points will see us play drab boring football to grind them out. Who knows though we may not even get more than a few draws.
I''m not a betting man. You''re welcome to use my predictions though Ricardo. Despite the abuse I got by NN when I suggested we''d be lucky to have 24 points by the end of Feb, and my predicted 4 points from these previous 4 games, when we ended with 5, it''d suggest I do implement a sprinkle of realism into my predictions without the yellow and green specs.

Trouble s those sides need the points every bit as much as we do , and we do not come out of a battle very well as a rule . Think we are down and have done since before Christmas , Hughton has been beyond woeful for well over a year and how he has managed to get away with it is utterly criminal , McNally deserves to lose his job over this .

I think we need to look at all 8 games. Whilst the next 4 may look like our best chance, none will be easy. They wil be just as desperate for the points, and setting up not to get beat.

To survive I think we will need to turn one of the big 4 over in the last 4 games, get another away win and get no less than 3 points from Sunderaland and WBA.

It is now a tall order. 9 points as a minimum to survive, but too much pressure and too much to expect to get them all in the next 4.

Well let''s get the away games out of the way first, between now and the end of the season we won''t pick up another point on the road, that much SHOULD be obvious to all but the permanently deluded. Which leaves us probably needing a minimum of 7 points from our final 4 home games, never going to happen in my opinion. Fancy us to beat west brom and sneak a point against arsenal. Don''t see us getting 3 points against sunderland. I would expect sturridge and suarez (as usual) to tear us apart. So 4-5 points and relegation for me. However this is all under the assumption that Hughton is in charge of those games. If the board see the light and do the right thing, with hughton and his coaching staff gone in the next 48 hours i would be far more optimistic of picking up more points, particularly away from home. However that last 15 mins today probably once again saved his job and ultimately prolonged our descent into the championship.

2 points from the next 4. There is not enough spirit or leadership in this team or the management team to take the battle into these games.

Think 4 is realistic. Beating Sunderland could be the most important one as I''m hoping they waste those games in hand and we need a gap over them. Win and we''re 7pts clear of them leaving them needing to win 2 and draw one of their 3 in hand which is unlikely. They have horrific games in April and could conceivably lose all the games bar the last one.

Mon 7 Apr

Tottenham V Sunderland

Sat 12 Apr

Sunderland V Everton

Wed 16 Apr

Man City V Sunderland

Sun 20 Apr

Chelsea V Sunderland

Sun 27 Apr

Sunderland V Cardiff

Next weekend is so huge. IF we can just win we could be set to profit massively.. If.. Dear Lord please help us win!

Sat 22 Mar

Chelsea V Arsenal Cardiff V LiverpoolEverton V SwanseaHull V West BromMan City V FulhamNewcastle V Crystal PalaceNorwich V SunderlandWest Ham V Man Utd

If we set up as we have been then I think we will get 4 points from the next 4 games with a draw at Swansea and beat WBA. But I still think we will beat Arsenal as they will have lost the title and be heading for the FA cup and play a weak team to make sure they stay clear of injuries as they have a huge list now!

I believe we will get 7 points more and finish on 36 points, will that be enough?

[quote user="Indy"]

If we set up as we have been then I think we will get 4 points from the next 4 games with a draw at Swansea and beat WBA. But I still think we will beat Arsenal as they will have lost the title and be heading for the FA cup and play a weak team to make sure they stay clear of injuries as they have a huge list now!

I believe we will get 7 points more and finish on 36 points, will that be enough?

[/quote]

Think I''d take that right now lol. 36pts should definitely be enough imo. Just can''t see the total being anywhere near the usual 40 this year