Sign in to follow this  
carrow77

I smell desperation!

As soon as I heard the team for today I was worried and although hindsight is a wonderful thing I though the team selection was fundamentally wrong for today''s game. I understand the manager trying to mix things up but this spells desperation at this late stage in the season, he clearly does not know our best 11 and we have little consistency and cohesion- worrying! Whilst we are leaking goals and cannot score either and midfield look devoid of ideas and cutting edge this could prove fatal. Redmond can run at players, Hoolahan creates space and can unlock defences & on his day Bassong can be solid at the back- none of these players started?! Whilst there is still hope I remain hopeful too but I can''t help thinking that our last 4 games will come back to bite us. Reaching 38 points should be a realistic target for safety but this seems a tough ask under current circumstances. We have no option but to go for it, show desire & leadership, treat each game like a cup final or we only have ourselves to blame.

Yours hopefully!

sadly Hughton has a habit of falling out with players so his selection often is based on petty squabbles rathet than solid and competent management