Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

If you want a manager who....

...has proved he can manage a team near the relegation zone and take them comfortably clear by the end of the season, I give  you.....................

insert name here______________________ (clue: initials C and H)

Its true. 

Corey Hart? Ya he will do. He can charm and motivate the lads with Never Surrender, something the current CH hasn''t sung enough of.

No one can take away your right to fight and to never surrender.

Can " Comical Ali" not be banned ??

The tanks are rolling over the rubble whilst the idiot proclaimed the yanks hadn`t arrived, that is you !!!!!

Apologies for the sardonic nature of the op - just getting a bit punch drunk from all the insults. 

It is true and you can''t deny it.  He is proven that he can motivate the team to get results when they are really needed.  There is no reason to suppose he can''t do it again.  It has been said time and time again - not just by me - that CH is almost certainly here to the end of the season - there is simply no rationale that would make any sense to get rid now.  

He saw us safe last season under great, great pressure - he can do it again.

The results are bloody needed. Every damn week you fool.

He pulls a result out of the bag one in ten. It''s not good enough and WILL take us down.

There must be some truth in this being cheaper to sack if in bottom three rumour. There''s simply no reason other than that why Chris Hughton remains in charge of our football club. And is, without doubt, going to relegate us.

Regardless what LDC thinks.

[quote user="lake district canary"]He saw us safe last season under great, great pressure - he can do it again.[/quote]Rubbish... he took us from a position of complete safety to a situation where we slowly fell down the league pulling off a couple of results at the end to guarantee safety.  There are no guarantees he will do the same again from a worse starting position.

Post match Hughton quote:

"Our intention was to give a very good Southampton side a decent game and, for large parts of the match, we were unable to do that."

The key word in that is UNABLE. And it sums him up completely.

"He is proven that he can motivate the team to get results when they are really needed.  There is no reason to suppose he can''t do it again."

Clearly today we didn''t need the points. Or against stoke. Or Cardiff, or villa, I could go on. If he can motivate the team when really needed, why haven''t we raced to 40 points and then fallen away?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Apologies for the sardonic nature of the op - just getting a bit punch drunk from all the insults. 

It is true and you can''t deny it.  He is proven that he can motivate the team to get results when they are really needed.  There is no reason to suppose he can''t do it again.  It has been said time and time again - not just by me - that CH is almost certainly here to the end of the season - there is simply no rationale that would make any sense to get rid now.  

He saw us safe last season under great, great pressure - he can do it again.

[/quote]

several points:

yes, i agree he has proved he can get results when he really needs them. But that is the issue - why has he been in so many situations where he needs a result? Its because we are constantly failing to grind results out consistently turning every 5/6th game into a must win. Just to feel that we could string 2 results together would be brilliant.

true, he proved last season he can keep us up. But last season we were as high as 7th just before Christmas. We had a large cushion to the bottom 3. Yet we still stuttered and stumbled over the line in the last few games. This season we don''t have the cushion. Away form is non existant. Home form is stuttering - just 2 wins in 8 at home - home draws are not enough. Add to the fact that teams are now starting to get vital wins, the 3 teams below us all have games in hand and are next 2 home games are against the teams directly below us, we simply cannot afford any slip ups.

Finally, yes i think he is here until the end of the season. I think to change now would be suicidal - i think mcnally knows who he wants, that person will be available in the summer. We risk missing out on who we want if we change now and what sort of person would we end up with? Di Canio? I think/pray hughton will keep us up (just) but then he has to go. Today felt like sheer desperation with the team selection, does he know how or who he wants to play and in what position (although to be fair i never expected a win).

Put simply i think the club needs a fresh look on things and a new direction on the pitch. Part of me also thinks hughton feels something similar and knows he wont be here next season - maybe that''s why he seemed to mix things up today as a last ditch attempt to find the right formula.

LDC said: He is proven that he can motivate the team to get results when they are really needed.

These are not the games you need the manager to motivate the players, the reality of the situation is more than enough motivation.  It is when we get comfortable, 5 points above the drop zone, that is when you need the manager getting the players motivated.  We looked like we were playing a training match in the first half today.