Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

No longer any reason for optimism

Based on the last 6 games, we''ve mustered just 5 points and we''re two places off the bottom with only Swansea & Cardiff below us.Sunderland, who many think represent our best chance of at least one more win, are 10th with 8 points and the remainder of our relegation rivals have all been doing better than us over that period.On top of that we have conceded 4 goals on each of our last 2 away games against mid table opposition and we have the 3rd worst goal difference by a margin of 5.Slowly but surely we''re sinking into the bottom 3.After 30 games in charge this season our manager, & his coaching staff, still fail to address the main problems -Failure of strikers to score goals Failure to stop defenders giving away careless goalsFailure to identify & appoint a real leader on the pitchFailure to always start with the best 11 players availableFailure to make effective substitutionsAnd in all honesty I see absolutely no reason for hoping that things will improve in the next 10 games

[quote user="morty"]To be fair, you have been nothing but pessimistic for about a year now....[/quote]True, but deep down I always felt that there might be a slim chance of turning things around but now things are getting worse & it''s too late

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]To be fair, you have been nothing but pessimistic for about a year now....[/quote]True, but deep down I always felt that there might be a slim chance of turning things around but now things are getting worse & it''s too late[/quote]Lol, well you kept it very well hidden.[:)]

Oh and we scored two goals away from home.One of our strikers scored one.Oh, and he was a substitute.[;)]

I wanted Hughton gone months ago.

I have got sick of the arguments with fellow fans who, whatever their opinions on here are fans and I am disappointed with some of my confrontations and those of others over this manager.

Now I just feel numb over the issue because it has dragged on too deep into the season and for me the time for change has gone.

I''m also disappointed with the attitude of Club and players towards fans after years of togetherness..

I just home something happens on the pitch to get us over the line. Nothing else to say.

[quote user="Jonny O - disgrace in yellow"][quote user="morty"]To be fair, you have been nothing but pessimistic for about a year now....[/quote]

For good reason! We are going down.[/quote]Steak and BJ day was yesterday.

[quote user="Jonny O - disgrace in yellow"]Morty give me another clue[/quote]Friday, March the 14th is Steak and blowjob day, its a sort of anti Valentine''s day.It was a pun on "going down"

Some good points Rudolph. There does seem to be a lack of respect among certain posters on this board. As to the management of the team, we are beyond the point at which change might have been more, rather than less, likely to yield benefits. We should therefore back the management team over the next two critical home games and review matters in May.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Some good points Rudolph. There does seem to be a lack of respect among certain posters on this board. As to the management of the team, we are beyond the point at which change might have been more, rather than less, likely to yield benefits. We should therefore back the management team over the next two critical home games and review matters in May.[/quote]Name them, who you on about?(I agree with the rest of it)

I''ll have to remember for next year

As much as we all want to be positive I am afraid in my view that the team do not have the faith in the manager and their confidence is zero. It''s time for a change. I would support neil Adams trying to muster the troops for the last 8 games

[quote user="Jonny O - disgrace in yellow"]I''ll have to remember for next year

As much as we all want to be positive I am afraid in my view that the team do not have the faith in the manager and their confidence is zero. It''s time for a change. I would support neil Adams trying to muster the troops for the last 8 games[/quote]It is obvious when a manager has lost the dressing room, pretty sure Hughton hasn''t.Neil Adams with his zero Premiership managerial experience?Remember the last time we tried similar?

[quote user="Jonny O - disgrace in yellow"]It''s all about opinions. Mine is that if we stick we go down. Performances are dire and I don''t see where a win is coming[/quote]Our home form will keep us up[Y]

Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom, Fulham. Nope don''t see us beating any of those teams.... best wait for Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.... In all probability based on form and points gathered over the past few weeks we will be one of the three teams relegated, but beat Sunderland and West Brom and the table will look very different.

[quote user="morty"]Oh and we scored two goals away from home.One of our strikers scored one.Oh, and he was a substitute.[;)][/quote]So despite losing 4-2 and being completely out of the game for 85 minutes, Hughton solved 3 of our problems today.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]Oh and we scored two goals away from home.One of our strikers scored one.Oh, and he was a substitute.[;)][/quote]So despite losing 4-2 and being completely out of the game for 85 minutes, Hughton solved 3 of our problems today.

[/quote]See, progress.[:)]