Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

David McNally

In reviewing the ability of McNally I come to the conclusion that to date he has done one thing right ie hiring Paul Lambert.Against that he has:Allowed Paul Lambert to leaveFailed to offer Ian Culverhouse the jobHired the wrong man in Chris Hughton + the two wrong assistants with poor track recordsFailed to act soon enough in redressing this mistake. It was clear that we did actually only survive by the skin of our teeth last seasonSuggest that as long as we are not in the bottom three CH still has his backing when it is clear that if we are in the bottom six approaching the season end we are in grave danger of the drop with the final four tough fixtures. A Manager''s future should surely hang on results plus team performance not league position both have for most of the season (and last) been dire.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]In reviewing the ability of McNally I come to the conclusion that to date he has done one thing right ie hiring Paul Lambert.Against that he has:Allowed Paul Lambert to leaveFailed to offer Ian Culverhouse the jobHired the wrong man in Chris Hughton + the two wrong assistants with poor track recordsFailed to act soon enough in redressing this mistake. It was clear that we did actually only survive by the skin of our teeth last seasonSuggest that as long as we are not in the bottom three CH still has his backing when it is clear that if we are in the bottom six approaching the season end we are in grave danger of the drop with the final four tough fixtures. A Manager''s future should surely hang on results plus team performance not league position both have for most of the season (and last) been dire.[/quote]Ian Culverhouse left with Lambert and would not have taken the job.... why do we all of a sudden want a manager with no experience?

[quote user="Buh"]Cleared the club of all external debt?[/quote]

[Y]

Even if we go down, we''ll be in the healthiest state this club has ever been in.

Interesting spin on things, I see it more as.....

- Fired Bryan Gunn
- Hired Paul Lambert
- Supported the signings Paul Lambert made that contributed to three seasons success
- Played a major part in leading the club to clear its debts, which is a huge benefit for the long term future of the club
- Recruited an experienced and highly regarded manager to replace Paul Lambert for that dreaded second season in the EPL
- Supported the signings Chris Hughton made that contributed to the club improving slightly on the previous seasons league position, proving he again hired the right man
- Supported the manager again in significant spending for this season.......which we all hope will result in a further season in the EPL
- To date has shown he has balls by backing the club''s manager through a very difficult period and against a growing minorities opinion
- Has handled himself brilliantly throughout the successes and more challenging times and certainly is not a "little ole Norwich" style CEO

What I would say, is that his backing of the management team could of course be his only failure to date, but he has been big enough to hold firm and for that I give him a lot of credit...... and expect him to again make the right decision when he feels he needs to do it, and nobody will know better right now than him....