Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Villa don't quit

They didn''t play for the draw and have scored against Chelsea who have the (according to Pinkun posters) the advantage of having been given a red card.

6 minutes left. Lambert will keep attacking.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Mummy''s gone, son, and she ain''t coming back.[/quote]

I don''t think that''s what Houston Canary meant. I agree with him, Villa/Lambert keep attacking and don''t give up. Something we''ve not witnessed for a very long time.

I know that. My comment is regarding their attacking style that never relents, as opposed to our infrequent ineffective offense.

Oooh Chelsea down to 9. Villa in big big trouble now (if 10 is hard to play against, 9 must be unbeatable).

Well, I recall us having a good go against Chelsea at home, so I don''t know what point you are trying to make unless it''s about hindsight granting you wisdom.

Ya, and we attacked ManC at home to the very end. However, much more often we either protect 1 goal leads unsuccessfully or try to come from behind, and if we do, shut it down and settle for a point.

Who gives a fu*k about Villa? What relevance do they have with our current piss-poor position?

[quote user="Herman "]Who gives a fu*k about Villa? What relevance do they have with our current piss-poor position?[/quote]

I think we''d like just a little bit of the fight that teams like Villa have. Not this roll over and die attitude.

But did we roll over and die against Spurs or Man City or even Chelsea? Did Villa roll over ad die at home to West Ham or Palace or at Fulham?

I do find this constant Lambert praising quite tiresome, he''s gone now let it go.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]I do find this constant Lambert praising quite tiresome, he''s gone now let it go.[/quote]Sadly many still have to go to bed with boxing gloves on.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]I do find this constant Lambert praising quite tiresome, he''s gone now let it go.[/quote]

I don''t think Houston Canary was alluding to Lambert but more to Villa. Yes, he''s in charge there, but that was the game on at the time he posted what he did, after realising our fate at St Mary''s. I''m not begging for Lamberts return, I just want my team to fight for survival. Is that too much to ask?

[quote user="Herman "]He was alluding to Lambert. It''s quite simple to see.[/quote]

Well it''s not how I read into it or the reason I responded.

He was alluding to Lambert. It''s quite simple to see. - Herman

You''re quite simple.

If it makes you feel better soon to assume you''re being slighted, Herman, that''s ok by me. However, Yellow Bird is exactly spot on. The Villa game was on, and they were playing hard, exciting football against a team they were expected to lose handily to. Had it been WBA or Sunderland pushing a giant to the limit, I''d have alluded to them instead.

On the subject of Villa - Delph has been so good this season he should have had a look in for England.

[quote user="GJP"]

On the subject of Villa - Delph has been so good this season he should have had a look in for England.

[/quote]
More chance of Paul Scholes coming out of retirement.

So where was the "Norwich don''t quit" thread when we beat Spurs?

Once again, our few and far between very good games are anomalies. The few times I''ve seen Villa this season, they have been playing hard regardless of the opposition. We often quit. They don''t.

Yes but sadly it took 8o+ min to get started. Besides, after the second goal, we really didn''t have any good attempts as Soton regrouped and went back to crowding us out of the middle.

They should have won 3 - 0 so the final score kind of flatters both teams.

That''s interesting though. Lambert and Villa''s 5-2-8, -5 goal difference home record doesn''t look so clever against our 5-6-4, +1 goal difference.

Still, if that''s goals you want to see then Villa have scored 17 and let in 22, so reckon more entertainment there.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Agreed - delph has been excellent - far better option than the old faces of lampard, milner, cleverly etc

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Agreed - delph has been excellent - far better option than the old faces of lampard, milner, cleverly etc