Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Southampton away Match Thread!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="iron_stan"]the really frustrating thing is a good manager (or any other manager than clueless) would make 2 positive changes at half time and try to affect the game, but we all know that wont happen[/quote]Tell us what they are.[/quote]

on the basis we are 5h1t3 and it cant get any worse id take tettey off for hoolahan, drop howson back and wes goes in the hole, redmond on for snodgrass, and martin on for whittaker

[/quote]Well for me it would be Pilks off for Redmond for a starter, then see how it goes.[/quote]yeh but weve had snodgrass and redmond playing on the wrong sides all season - it doesnt work!we need to sack off this inverted winger rubbish its awful, if it means dropping snodgrass then so be it, play redmond on the right and if snodgrass cant play on the left then we play pilkstimes like this we need to go back to basics and that means playing players where they are comfortable and being balanced,  if youre the right back or the midfielder on the same side as snodgrass it must be a nightmare because you have to stop and think where youre passing it to him

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]He''ll throw on an a sub when we go 2 or 3 down. Not sure why people would expect different this week.[/quote]If we go 2 down it''s over.Always a chance if you stay in the game.

So who will be the first change?

The ineffective RVW, or the even more ineffective Elmander?

[quote user="iron_stan"]if he brings elmander on today hughton should be flogged[/quote]Why, I thought he had a decent game when he came on last week.And don''t mention goals, because its patently obvious thats not what we have him here for.

Nothing has changed in the first 10. Make the subs now before a second goes in.

On comes a striker...for Southampton.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="iron_stan"]if he brings elmander on today hughton should be flogged[/quote]Why, I thought he had a decent game when he came on last week.And don''t mention goals, because its patently obvious thats not what we have him here for.[/quote]i would put Elmander alongside Hooper or RVW. People may not like him, but we will be playing to our strikers strengths so maybe RVW or Hooper may actually have a goalscoring chance.

Scrap that, game over

[quote user="morty"][quote user="iron_stan"]if he brings elmander on today hughton should be flogged[/quote]Why, I thought he had a decent game when he came on last week.And don''t mention goals, because its patently obvious thats not what we have him here for.[/quote]i thought we signed him to clean the toilets tbh hes not much fkn use for anything elsewasteman

2-0quality stuff chrisfckoff

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]On comes a striker...for Southampton.[/quote]And he duly makes it 2-0.

At least the team are showing some consistency this afternoon - they''re all being comfortably shrugged off the ball.....

Game over.......as if it wasn''t already........

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="iron_stan"]if he brings elmander on today hughton should be flogged[/quote]Why, I thought he had a decent game when he came on last week.And don''t mention goals, because its patently obvious thats not what we have him here for.[/quote]i would put Elmander alongside Hooper or RVW. People may not like him, but we will be playing to our strikers strengths so maybe RVW or Hooper may actually have a goalscoring chance.

Scrap that, game over

[/quote][Y]

Bloody hell look at that. Bring on a striker and he scores.

I remember those days.

Good times.