Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Southampton away Match Thread!

Damned by faint praise on the coverage I''m watching:  "Norwich not really threatening. They''ve certainly run around."

If Hughton is looking for better leadership on the pitch, why on earth is Ruddy captain?

Bizarre.

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Who the hell are all you people, and why do you just turn up when we''re losing?

Well, technically they don''t JUST show up when we''re losing, either. Or does "technically" not apply to your comments?

.[/quote]Do you just log in to have pops at me?You inbred cow molester.[/quote]I''m not sure I understand your original comment, Morty.The chances of someone logging in to comment on this message board and NCFC losing, are actually pretty high.In fact, if you look closely enough, we''ve been losing for well over a year.

[/quote]I find it shallow that people have nothing to say if we''re winning, but just cant wait to post when we''re losing.They know who they are.

[quote user="iron_stan"]the really frustrating thing is a good manager (or any other manager than clueless) would make 2 positive changes at half time and try to affect the game, but we all know that wont happen[/quote]Tell us what they are.

Well, technically they don''t JUST show up when we''re losing, either. Or does "technically" not apply to your comments?

Do you just log in to have pops at me? You inbred cow molester.

Who''s having pops at whom? I pointed out your hypocrisy is all. If you think I''m here for your sake, you think WAY too much of yourself. Many many many fellow contributors to this board think that about you. It''s half time. Go drink some more beer.

[quote user="unique"]If Hughton is looking for better leadership on the pitch, why on earth is Ruddy captain?

Bizarre.[/quote]
Because he''s a better leader than Bassong? Quite clearly.... He''s actually vocal and seemed interested in defusing a situation with the Ref. Unlike Bassong who probably doesn''t utter a word to his team mates and hides from the Ref.

[quote user="Canary"]How many pointless long balls forward does it take for Hughton to realise its a shit tactic which will never work?[/quote]

I don''t know, how many How many pointless long balls forward does it take for Hughton to realise its a shit tactic which will never work?

[:^)]

Ekoku made an interesting point in the first halfbe it 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, None of it has worked this season...perhaps we just aren’t good enough.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Well, technically they don''t JUST show up when we''re losing, either. Or does "technically" not apply to your comments?

Do you just log in to have pops at me? You inbred cow molester.

Who''s having pops at whom? I pointed out your hypocrisy is all. If you think I''m here for your sake, you think WAY too much of yourself. Many many many fellow contributors to this board think that about you. It''s half time. Go drink some more beer.[/quote]Go look at your posts.About 0.5% of them are actually about football.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="iron_stan"]the really frustrating thing is a good manager (or any other manager than clueless) would make 2 positive changes at half time and try to affect the game, but we all know that wont happen[/quote]Tell us what they are.[/quote]

Off with Snodgrass and Johnson, on with Redmond and Wes

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Well that was somewhat depressing.[/quote]

Yep. Picked up a bit as the half came to an end but still way short if we want anything out of it. Hopefully it''s one of our infamous ''one decent half'' games.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="iron_stan"]the really frustrating thing is a good manager (or any other manager than clueless) would make 2 positive changes at half time and try to affect the game, but we all know that wont happen[/quote]Tell us what they are.[/quote]

on the basis we are 5h1t3 and it cant get any worse id take tettey off for hoolahan, drop howson back and wes goes in the hole, redmond on for snodgrass, and martin on for whittaker

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ekoku made an interesting point in the first halfbe it 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, None of it has worked this season...perhaps we just aren’t good enough.[/quote]Often it''s a different formation, but with the same overall approach.

Hoolahan on for Johnson to start.
Anyone on for Whittaker who i''m not sure is actually a professional football player, he''s probably an actor.

We''ll at least one positive has come from the first-half....

....it''s come to an end.

↑↑↑↑↑↑ HAH!!!!! Very well done finding the humorous silver lining,unique!

[quote user="Canary"]How many pointless long balls forward does it take for Hughton to realise its a shit tactic which will never work?[/quote]... till the end of the season unfortunately!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ekoku made an interesting point in the first halfbe it 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, None of it has worked this season...perhaps we just aren’t good enough.[/quote]Hardly an insight though.We all know we haven''t been good enough. One look at the table tells you that. I''m just surprised that people still think it will change, it won''t. We are a 1 point per game average team and will finish with 36-38 points. It''s been obvious since last November.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Ekoku made an interesting point in the first half

be it 4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, None of it has worked this season...

perhaps we just aren’t good enough.
[/quote]

Don''t agree with that.  A formation is just that, a formation.  It all depends how you play and what the tactics are within that formation.....

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="iron_stan"]the really frustrating thing is a good manager (or any other manager than clueless) would make 2 positive changes at half time and try to affect the game, but we all know that wont happen[/quote]Tell us what they are.[/quote]

on the basis we are 5h1t3 and it cant get any worse id take tettey off for hoolahan, drop howson back and wes goes in the hole, redmond on for snodgrass, and martin on for whittaker

[/quote]Well for me it would be Pilks off for Redmond for a starter, then see how it goes.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]We''ll at least one positive has come from the first-half....

....it''s come to an end.

↑↑↑↑↑↑ HAH!!!!! Very well done finding the humorous silver lining,unique![/quote]

Some people are easily amused..............

Why dont you go check, moronty? Technically, well over .5% of my posts are about football, but your point was that I''m here only to have a go at you.

Dry your eyes, stiffen up your blubbering lips, grab a cold one and try to enjoy the second half. We play a bad half most games, so logically thinking, the next half will be much better.