Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Southampton away Match Thread!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]LDC proves to be the biggest cock in the thread - shocker.

Well, two goals we didn''t deserve, but at least it made the final few minutes worth watching.[/quote]My reaction was to all the complete garbage written on this thread. 

Anything can happen in these games and we very nearly got back into it. 

Frustration is a  peculiar thing.  I was frustrated watching the match, but looking in on here was like reading from a pessimists w*nkfest.  

Some of you just give up too easily.  

[/quote]But we didn''t give up LDC. We saw what was happening and called it as it was. I''m absolutely on board when the evidence and actions supports it. But you can not honestly tell me that while you were watching/listening to that game that you believed that NCFC had a FIGHTING chance, did you?You seem to be thinking as if a duck can perform as an eagle.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]LDC proves to be the biggest cock in the thread - shocker.

Well, two goals we didn''t deserve, but at least it made the final few minutes worth watching.[/quote]My reaction was to all the complete garbage written on this thread. 

Frustration is a  peculiar thing.  I was frustrated watching the match, but looking in on here was like reading from a pessimists w*nkfest.  

[/quote]
Garbage? Concerned fans fed up of a terrible performance? Do one LDC.
Oh, and none of us give up to easily. The players and the management did. If two lucky goals gifted to us changes your mind of the entire match than that''s perfectly understandable for someone with your mindset and obvious level of intellect...

[/quote]
85 minutes of totally awful football justified people moaning. You absolute moron.

[quote user="lake district canary"]HAAAAAAAAAAATAKE THAT YOU D*CKHEADS!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]
Take what? Yet another defeat? 
We all support Norwich, we all celebrated those goals, but yet again Hughton''s negative tactics lead us to defeat.
The quoted post proves you are a bellend, the fact that your bizarre belief that Hughton is good enough proves your a bellend with a low IQ.

I decided a week or so ago that it''s completely pointless arguing with moronic deluded people like LDC, Morty and NN. As their nonsense seem to dominate this whole board, franky contributing to it is stupid. Some of the total garbage they have written on this thread has rather proved that my decision is correct. The rest of you continue, but, I''m giving up on them.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]We set up only to contain Southampton and to keep a clean sheet, our entire focus and gameplan was designed around that...we conceded 4! Another catastrophic failure.

Hughton isn''t the worst manager we''ve ever had, but he has by far the worst, most cowardly and most soul destroying tactical philosophy of any manager we''ve ever had.[/quote]

Totally agree.

On the plus side at least Hughton has tightened up our defence!! 9 goals conceded in the last 3 league games, against the mighty Villa, Stoke and S''hampton. Wow.
Will our goals conceded actually be any worse than under Lambert? Doubt it. CH''s signings have performance wise, rather than on paper, been pretty woeful too.

[quote user="lake district canary"]My reaction was to all the complete garbage written on this thread. 

[/quote]
What complete garbage? How the f*** do you except people to be positive about being 3-0 down 85minutes in without having a shot on target. Of course people are pessimistic you absolute tw*t, if you can''t understand why then you really must be an absolute moron. NO. SHOTS. ON. TARGET. and yet another limp performance to an inevitable defeat.
We have scored more than one goal about 4 times this season, and we were 3-0 down. There''s no "giving up too easily" about it, it''s just realism based on absolute indisputable facts.
We didn''t look like scoring, and the only reason we did was because Southampton were so comfortable with how $hit we were that they lost concentration.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I decided a week or so ago that it''s completely pointless arguing with moronic deluded people like LDC, Morty and NN. As their nonsense seem to dominate this whole board, franky contributing to it is stupid. Some of the total garbage they have written on this thread has rather proved that my decision is correct. The rest of you continue, but, I''m giving up on them.[/quote]

I''ll second that....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I decided a week or so ago that it''s completely pointless arguing with moronic deluded people like LDC, Morty and NN. As their nonsense seem to dominate this whole board, franky contributing to it is stupid. Some of the total garbage they have written on this thread has rather proved that my decision is correct. The rest of you continue, but, I''m giving up on them.[/quote]
I agree. The drivel posted by them is plain deluded, and without substance or reason. 

Well that sounded dire... still look on the bright side, the commentators can retire that statistic about no substitute CH has made has ever scored .... :-)

Memo to management for whichever league we are playing in next year ...

Put the team in a proper kit - yellow shorts , green shorts, not these pajamas, something like two years ago would be fine.

Our club colors are yellow and green, we should never play in an away strip unless we have to - that''s Hull, Wolves and Watford essentially... if we wear away strip because of a shirt deal, screw it, it''s not that important.

Do everything you can to increase noise at Carrow Rd. Rail seats sounds like a great idea, if we can''t retrofit a section of the Barclay, put them in the corner infill. If the deal with the Hotel says we can''t do that, screw it, it''s not that important.

And please promise to employ a manager and / or coaching staff who isn''t scared to attack, it''s been evident since the Ajax friendly (where we wore black) that this football is dire... so if you want to keep CH because he''s a nice bloke and manages the rest of the club well, force a change elsewhere.

On my way back from the game. We lack urgency. Every player has the ability to play the ball quicker, but our build up play is slow and all so predictable - I''m afraid that isn''t good enough at this level, seriously, can Chris Hughton not see this???.

Worried.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I decided a week or so ago that it''s completely pointless arguing with moronic deluded people like LDC, Morty and NN. As their nonsense seem to dominate this whole board, franky contributing to it is stupid. [/quote]

Its like a child who can''t win a game of football who takes the ball away and says "I''m not playing with you anymore". Grow up Reggie. There are no morons at work here, just fans who can see another side to things.  As for dominating the board, I think that acolade goes to the people who keep shouting about how we''re going to be relegated - when we have an unbeaten run at home and games that are winnable obver the next few weeks. 

The concern and even pessimism - is understandable up to a point - but there is always next week - so we have to look forward to that - and whether you like the message coming from certain posters or not, their opinion is equally as valid as yours.

Oh - and for City 1st and Le Juge, nobody needs to post evidence of their attendance at matches to the likes of you  - or anyone else, for that matter.  T*ssers.

LDC is Ying and Wiz is Yang, LDC lives on planet positive with nothing can ever be wrong with Norwich and Wiz lives on planet negative at this point where nothing Norwich do is right!

This is yet another match where I have had to listen to an old player comment on how poor we have played, outclassed and look lost on the pitch, you can''t keep defending these performances and say there''s alway next week! Villa & Southampton perfromances were dire and our away form, they way Hughton continues to set us up, 1 stirker and 9 defenders allows teams a free run at as.

It''s just not acceptable for the fans who spend hundreds of pounds to watch this garbage.

a poster who is easily would up and uses foul languagewell well

[quote user="Indy"]LDC is Ying and Wiz is Yang, LDC lives on planet positive with nothing can ever be wrong with Norwich and Wiz lives on planet negative at this point where nothing Norwich do is right!This is yet another match where I have had to listen to an old player comment on how poor we have played, outclassed and look lost on the pitch, you can''t keep defending these performances and say there''s alway next week! Villa & Southampton perfromances were dire and our away form, they way Hughton continues to set us up, 1 stirker and 9 defenders allows teams a free run at as.It''s just not acceptable for the fans who spend hundreds of pounds to watch this garbage.[/quote]

I do not think everything is right with Norwich.  I just won''t start shouting and wailing about how bad things are.  We support a club that is fighting to stay in a league that is incredibly tight this season - the team and manager have to keep their nerve for the next matches coming up.  I still think we can get the points we need and don''t see how any manager can be sacked at this stage of the season, when he has shown in the previous season he has the balls to keep us up  (Le Juge take note).

There is always next week and we should try and appreciate that too, because we sure as anything can''t do anything about today''s result.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy"]LDC is Ying and Wiz is Yang, LDC lives on planet positive with nothing can ever be wrong with Norwich and Wiz lives on planet negative at this point where nothing Norwich do is right!This is yet another match where I have had to listen to an old player comment on how poor we have played, outclassed and look lost on the pitch, you can''t keep defending these performances and say there''s alway next week! Villa & Southampton perfromances were dire and our away form, they way Hughton continues to set us up, 1 stirker and 9 defenders allows teams a free run at as.It''s just not acceptable for the fans who spend hundreds of pounds to watch this garbage.[/quote]

I do not think everything is right with Norwich.  I just won''t start shouting and wailing about how bad things are.  We support a club that is fighting to stay in a league that is incredibly tight this season - the team and manager have to keep their nerve for the next matches coming up.  I still think we can get the points we need and don''t see how any manager can be sacked at this stage of the season, when he has shown in the previous season he has the balls to keep us up  (Le Juge take note).

There is always next week and we should try and appreciate that too, because we sure as anything can''t do anything about today''s result.  

[/quote]

LDC I admire your optimism but if I was one of our great away supporters over the last two games, visiting Villa & Saints I don''t think I would agree with your sentiment.....

Next week is a must win not a must not lose and we have only beaten Spurs in the last 6 games, what makes you think that we will do any better next game?

Don''t you to think that we have had Hughton fo 20 months now and we know what he can do, is he realy good enough to get the results needed? Would a young hungry managers who knows the players and staff not do better, someone the fans would unite behind? I mean we go a goal down next week and the fans will turn, is that a good senario? Is that healthy to take into a must win game?

I don''t know but can only make a judgement and mine now is to freshen things up with an interim manager with a respected No. in Phelan along side Adams. But that''s just my view, i''m not one for getting in someone unemployed who does not know our team and board, not at this point.

[quote user="Indy"]

Next week is a must win not a must not lose and we have only beaten Spurs in the last 6 games, what makes you think that we will do any better next game?

[/quote]

What we see week in week out in the premiership is that anything can happen. We were all but down and out today, but very nearly got back to 3-3 and might have done had Tettey not slipped, we were pushing that hard.  Anything can happen - and that means in those last four games too.  I take evidence from Hughton''s tenure that we often get results when we really need them.  We will need that resilience from now on in, but I still see no reason why we can''t regroup, go again and get the points we need.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="lake district canary"]HAAAAAAAAAAATAKE THAT YOU D*CKHEADS!!!!!!!!![/quote]Take 0 points and a comprehensive 4-2 defeat, ok I guess...[/quote]

It was a cry of relief from the frustration of reading all the carp on here and the realisation that we were going to make a fight of it for the rest of the game.  But for Tettey;''s slip we might even have got it back to 3-3

Sorry LCD I''ve been watching City for 54 years next week, the majority of the time home &away. If we had sneaked a third yesterday it would have. Been one of the most undeserved points in that time. We were gifted 2 goals mainly beca use we had bored Saints to death. Did we look like equalising..no. Did we really know how th throw the kitchen sink no. Did we show any fighting spirit in the game,no. Your bind faith/optimism may be great but for those of us who see every game it''s totally deluded.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]Sorry LCD I''ve been watching City for 54 years next week, the majority of the time home &away. If we had sneaked a third yesterday it would have. Been one of the most undeserved points in that time. We were gifted 2 goals mainly beca use we had bored Saints to death. Did we look like equalising..no. Did we really know how th throw the kitchen sink no. Did we show any fighting spirit in the game,no. Your bind faith/optimism may be great but for those of us who see every game it''s totally deluded.[/quote]

Having got to 3-2 we were looking the most likely to score again, the momentum was with us.  Undeserved or not, that kind of thing can happen anytime anywhere in this league.    Its a lottery.  We beat Spurs  and hold ManCity against the odds, we only draw against Cardiff when we all but murdered them.   We lost yesterday, deservedly, but that point for a while looked possible.   If you were at the match you would have appreciated that, at least - and it would have given you something to cheer about. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Year of the tiger"]Sorry LCD I''ve been watching City for 54 years next week, the majority of the time home &away. If we had sneaked a third yesterday it would have. Been one of the most undeserved points in that time. We were gifted 2 goals mainly beca use we had bored Saints to death. Did we look like equalising..no. Did we really know how th throw the kitchen sink no. Did we show any fighting spirit in the game,no. Your bind faith/optimism may be great but for those of us who see every game it''s totally deluded.[/quote]

Having got to 3-2 we were looking the most likely to score again, the momentum was with us.  Undeserved or not, that kind of thing can happen anytime anywhere in this league.    Its a lottery.  We beat Spurs  and hold ManCity against the odds, we only draw against Cardiff when we all but murdered them.   We lost yesterday, deservedly, but that point for a while looked possible.   If you were at the match you would have appreciated that, at least - and it would have given you something to cheer about. 

[/quote]

Really?

You''re a strange one Mr LDC.[:S]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I decided a week or so ago that it''s completely pointless arguing with moronic deluded people like LDC, Morty and NN. As their nonsense seem to dominate this whole board, franky contributing to it is stupid. [/quote]

Its like a child who can''t win a game of football who takes the ball away and says "I''m not playing with you anymore". Grow up Reggie. There are no morons at work here, just fans who can see another side to things.  As for dominating the board, I think that acolade goes to the people who keep shouting about how we''re going to be relegated - when we have an unbeaten run at home and games that are winnable obver the next few weeks. 

The concern and even pessimism - is understandable up to a point - but there is always next week - so we have to look forward to that - and whether you like the message coming from certain posters or not, their opinion is equally as valid as yours.

Oh - and for City 1st and Le Juge, nobody needs to post evidence of their attendance at matches to the likes of you  - or anyone else, for that matter.  T*ssers.

[/quote]That posting , and several of your others in a similar vein over the last few hours, Lakey, just illustrate what I said yesterday afternoon. There is absolutely no point in debating anything with you or your chums, not least because you NEVER have anything new to say. It''s just the same hit and hope ,there''s always next week, mantra that you''ve been trotting out for months now. No new angles, changes of heart, different appraisals, etc. Just the same old deluded stuff. Oh and a few childish insults for good measure. How dare you tell me to ''grow up''. What are you, fgs, some sort of kindergarten teacher ???For your information, I have a lot going on in my life at present,some of it quite worrying, and, to be truthful, Norwich City, in its current guise is rather low down my list of priorities right now. I will continue to attend home matches and give full support to the team, but you''ll forgive me if arguing with you and others , particularly with someone as closed minded as you, is not top of my agenda.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I decided a week or so ago that it''s completely pointless arguing with moronic deluded people like LDC, Morty and NN. As their nonsense seem to dominate this whole board, franky contributing to it is stupid. [/quote]Its like a child who can''t win a game of football who takes the ball away and says "I''m not playing with you anymore". Grow up Reggie. There are no morons at work here, just fans who can see another side to things.  As for dominating the board, I think that acolade goes to the people who keep shouting about how we''re going to be relegated - when we have an unbeaten run at home and games that are winnable obver the next few weeks.  The concern and even pessimism - is understandable up to a point - but there is always next week - so we have to look forward to that - and whether you like the message coming from certain posters or not, their opinion is equally as valid as yours.[/quote]How dare you tell me to ''grow up''. What are you, fgs, some sort of kindergarten teacher ???For your information, I have a lot going on in my life at present,some of it quite worrying, and, to be truthful, Norwich City, in its current guise is rather low down my list of priorities right now. I will continue to attend home matches and give full support to the team, but you''ll forgive me if arguing with you and others , particularly with someone as closed minded as you, is not top of my agenda.[/quote]You call people who disagree with you moronic and deluded and call that grown up behaviour?  We all have our worries Reggie, sometimes they are worse sometimes they are less and the football is put into perspective at times. As for this board, no-one is forcing anyone to post or not to post - at one level the board can be a distraction, at anther level it is informative, at another level its a waste of time with its vitriol and abuse.   Its what it is.   I hope you get your worries sorted and continue to post and I will continue to be moronic and deluded........................that''s life.  [:)]

Actually Jimbo, I don''t know what game you were watching but I agree with LDC - we were looking more likely to score after those 2 quick fire goals than Southampton, fortunately for them though Tettey slipped over and the rest is history as they say. Sadly it was the only time in the game where I can remember us threatening of note.

Btw, the Saints goalkeeper was trying to do his best Koeman/Barasi impression - we really should have taken advantage of that, he was very suspect!