Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Goal Difference

Third worst in the league, we all know the run in. Given how tight is going to be, it''s not inconceivable that a team could be relegated based on this.

That would be pretty hard to take...

Goal difference is also a pretty good indicator of which teams are for the drop.

I have been looking at ours for a while now and thinking this is not good a good omen more than worrying that it might be the deciding factor.

Iv been banging on about how irrelevent goal difference is all season, how points are more important and we should not let fears about worsening our goal difference prevent us from chasing draws or wins. I have also gone on to validate this by stating that in 20 years of the Premier League, I think only once has a team gone down because of Goal Difference rather than having fewer points...

BUT.... looking at how tight the table is this year and that there are no clear ''gonners''. I take it all back - this year, goal difference could make all the difference. Very very worrying. Hard to know what has been more damaging. The heavy defeats, or our general inability to win a game by more than a single goal