Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

Michael Turner

So now will all the people who berated Turner and wanted him dropped when he was playing at last realise what he brought to the team with his defending, his experience and his leadership?

The sooner he is back the better (though he will probably need a game or two to get up to speed).

There were times in the Villa and Southampton games where Yobo and/or Bennett just weren''t strong enough.

But I thought many of us think he is the best defender at the club and even shaded it when Bassong was fully on his game consistently last season.

Agree, particularly yesterday the Yobo and Bennett pairing wasnt strong enough, and thats why I personally would have a slightly out of form Bassong right now in the team.

the partnership of bassong yobo is the best we have had since being back in the prem and is the one to keep us going for the rest of this season. Its been solid since yobo came here and that level of understanding was not there with bennett yesterday.

Defensively yesterday we were poor for the first three goals; yet another midfield runner lost for the opener with whittaker far too deep, weak header for the second and a game of statues from half the team for the third. It topped a poor game from all four, olsson had his worst game and whittaker was shocking and showed why even a below average martin has rightly been keeping him out of the game.

but as always our problems are not about the back 4 - our first choice line is fine and did not need changing - it the impotent midfield that needs resolving, not changing half of the back 4.

Get back to Martin Yobo Bassong Olsson quickly.

Nah. There has been nothing from Yobo individually or in partnership with Bassong to say he does a better job than Turner.

I would personally have Martin at centre back than Bennett. I think Bennett is very over-rated by Norwich fans. Cant say Iv ever really seen him be anything other than average. Could a fan of Bennett please tell me what others see in him? I dont get it myself

The important things that seems to be missing at the moment that Turner brings to the team are his organisation, determination and leadership.

will just agree to differ GJP; turner solid and consistent but imo seb yobo work better.

I just don''t see how after only 6 or 7 games of which at least 2 have been dire defensive performances Yobo can be deemed better than our reigning PPOTS.

I personally still think Turner is our best CB, but he works best with Bassong as he has the pace to mop up when Turner gets caught out. Still our best CB pairing imo and its a shame he is injured.

Well whoever starts, I''m looking forward to him being back so Bennett can go back to being 4th choice and only used in emergencies.

Agree regarding Bennett, but he will end up being a top class CB, but right now it has to be 2 from Yobo, Bass and Turner as they are all quality....personally right now and based on yesterday''s performance where I didnt think Yobo had his best game,I would want to see Turner back next to Bassong as I think he has the passion we need right now.

Agree that we miss Turner but to be fair every week the player who isn''t playing seems to improve. First it was Tettey who we missed. Then Howson. Now it''s Fer. If Wes plays regularly we hear he''s a luxury and if he''s left out he''s a world beater. Fox is the answer. Becchio should be given a go. Whittaker is better than Martin until he plays and then Martin improves miraculously for being on the bench. Bassong needs dropping until he''s on the bench when all of a sudden he becomes our best defender again. In my opinion part of this is because the default is that Hughton''s selections have to be wrong. And part is the need to cling on to hope for the future. But in truth the performances are much the same whoever starts.

But Nigel it is not just Turner''s playing ability that is missing it is also his organisational skills and leadership that is also missing.