Sign in to follow this  
Carrow Road

IF we win on Saturday....

We will be 7 points clear of Sunderland... As frustrating as yesterday was 7 points clear is a good position to be in! Despite them having games in hand it means nothing over points! We all know how Hughton likes to grab a win when he desperately needs too! The fat lady hasn''t sung.... Yet!!

That''s a bit of a shocker Morty. I thought your optimism might have held up a bit longer. No pant wetter accusations this season? You must be a realist at heart!

Agree with Morty, something seemed a little different yesterday, and we''re in danger of going down without a fight. I think we''ll draw again on saturday.

Our home and away performances really have been chalk and cheese far too often this season - as rotten as we have been away, we have put in a number of good performances at home, not necessarily getting what we deserve from them. We really do need to turn up on Saturday, but if we do we should get all three points. It''s far from over if we don''t get the win but does become extremely difficult.

Agree it did feel different yesterday and is a big concern......but, I really think it was about Bassong being missed in the heart of the defence, even considering his patchy form this season, Fer being missed more than many of use would have thought and the two who came in just not doing enough (Whittaker and Pilks - who really needs to step up and take some responsibility)......get Bassong back, Fer back......Martin back and either a Pilkington with his head right or a refreshed Redmond on Saturday and we stand a strong chance of edging the 3 points......but Sunderland will come to our place expecting to pick up something, so I''m expecting a very pesty affair....it again wont be pretty. 

[quote user="morty"]I agree. But if we lose I think we are down.[/quote]

WOW never thought Morty would say that.

You were positive before yesterday, so much so didnt you have a little flutter on a Norwich win.

I do agree though but would also add that I think we HAVE to beat Sunderland and WBA at home and then we could prob afford to lose the rest, its a big ask though.

I have said all along that our home form will keep us up, so I have hardly changed my stance. But if that deserts us next week, we are screwed.

its all comes down to the next two home games; 3 points committment and capability a must and both well within the teams capability.

We can win but so much dependent on the right team. Too many out of form but all need to play better next weekend.

Ruddy

Martin Yobo Bassong Olsson

Tettey Howson

Redmond Wessi Murphy/pilks

RvW

Planned subs but subject performance injury etc

Snodgrass has to be in there.

There is a strong argument to reward elmander for his goal with a start

If we play the Leeds Div 1 midfield trio again we will lose.

They were not good enough to get them out of the third division why oh why do we think they are good enough for the prem.

One or two is possibly ok all three just don''t cut it.

Why not throw Bechio in as well and really go for broke!!

If yesterdays performance was "playing for the manager" then I think it sums up what our total problem is.

Still think we will survive BECAUSE there might just be three teams worse in a very poor season of prem teams.

Saturday will be the most important team selection of Hughton''s career, I hopes he makes a better effort than he did yesterday!

Hmmm, now wondering if his team selection yesterday was actually more about looking at a few things with next week in mind.

Lets face it, much the same as us, he probably expected us to lose anyway, so better he tinker there than next week.

Resting Redmond, Wes, RVW, Martin, Bassong for the Sunderland game. Thats about the only explanation for the team he put out yesterday. But do they really need a rest, the games 7 days away?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Resting Redmond, Wes, RVW, Martin, Bassong for the Sunderland game. Thats about the only explanation for the team he put out yesterday. But do they really need a rest, the games 7 days away?[/quote]
I am sure people will mock the comparison, and of course people would rather believe Hughton is a clueless idiot, but Alex Ferguson knew exactly what team he was going to field for every game, well in advance.
Its not out of the question that Hughton said to the players he brought in " go on then, give me some difficult choices to make when I select next weeks team, but I dont think any of them gave him too many yesterday lol.

He may well have done that, he must be targeting the West Brom and Sunderland games.

Yobocop,

Elmander did not create his goal and assist he was gifted them, I would suggest play Snoddy on the leftt and Redmond on the right.

Get Martin back, a voice of reason and a well respected player by the others, and maybe Seb, we are lacking in attack not neccessarliy defence, so if we are going to make big changes, then do it up front or the midfield, but our options are limited i midfield, so put the young Loza in to play off Hooper in, at least we know he will give it 100% and we also know he knows where the goal is.

If we are going for broke then let''s do it!