Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Hughton is gone tonight

It will eventually be correct,but maybe not this week.I still think he will see the season out but it''s only a guess.

Elmander scored a Premier League goal today.  I think we''ve filled our quota for freakish incidents for one day.

Who would take us over at this stage? We don''t need a stand in but a long term replacement. Anyone worth their salt will want to be in the premiership and would wait to see if we are.

I predict 16th place with 35 points.

whilst i think it unlikely i hope it is true. We are looking poorer and more dispirited by the week, a total soft touch away from home and running out of games at home. No one i repeat no one could do worse than we are at the moment

[quote user="ricardo"]It will eventually be correct,

but maybe not this week.

I still think he will see the season out but it''s only a guess.
[/quote]

I agree Mr Ricardo and thats the tragic part for us.

[quote user="ricardo"]It will eventually be correct,but maybe not this week.I still think he will see the season out but it''s only a guess.[/quote]If Hughton is sacked before the end of the season then I''m an eccentric millionaire living on a sun-drenched tax-haven island...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]It will eventually be correct,but maybe not this week.I still think he will see the season out but it''s only a guess.[/quote]If Hughton is sacked before the end of the season then I''m an eccentric millionaire living on a sun-drenched tax-haven island...[/quote]Either you are hedging with the "eccentric" bit, or you are certain that he will then, Purple?

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"]What time we giving him till then?[/quote]mid may[/quote]Thread said tonight.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]It will eventually be correct,but maybe not this week.I still think he will see the season out but it''s only a guess.[/quote]If Hughton is sacked before the end of the season then I''m an eccentric millionaire living on a sun-drenched tax-haven island...[/quote]Either you are hedging with the "eccentric" bit, or you are certain that he will then, Purple?[/quote]Hah! I am afraid, ricardo, my accountants have advised me not to admit anything to do with my financial status, eccentric or otherwise. But they have allowed me to confirm that I don''t expect Hughton to be sacked before May 11 (if then) because there is no serious replacement at the club and and no-one outside the club is going to take on what might be a very short-lived appointment.Of my widely-admired Three Rules For Changing A Manager Mid-Season, all three would be shattered if we ditched him now. We are where we are, and will be, and I speak as a Hughton Supporter who turned Anti- (but not an Outer) when I saw his line-up for the West Ham home game.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]It will eventually be correct,but maybe not this week.I still think he will see the season out but it''s only a guess.[/quote]If Hughton is sacked before the end of the season then I''m an eccentric millionaire living on a sun-drenched tax-haven island...[/quote]Either you are hedging with the "eccentric" bit, or you are certain that he will then, Purple?[/quote]Hah! I am afraid, ricardo, my accountants have advised me not to admit anything to do with my financial status, eccentric or otherwise. But they have allowed me to confirm that I don''t expect Hughton to be sacked before May 11 (if then) because there is no serious replacement at the club and and no-one outside the club is going to take on what might be a very short-lived appointment.Of my widely-admired Three Rules For Changing A Manager Mid-Season, all three would be shattered if we ditched him now. We are where we are, and will be, and I speak as a Hughton Supporter who turned Anti- (but not an Outer) when I saw his line-up for the West Ham home game.[/quote]Very sensible and I agree with the conclusions. It never looked likely despite continual calls for his head every other Monday morning.I think he will see it out and our survival is very much touch and go. Lose next week and we can all look forward to 4 extra home games next season. Painful to swallow but it''s not like it hasn''t happened before nor that it''s likely to happen again at some time in the future.Like it or not we have always been a yoyo team at best but having said that I will remain positive while there is still hope.

[quote user="ricardo"]I think he will see it out and our survival is very much touch and go. Lose next week and we can all look forward to 4 extra home games next season. Like it or not we have always been a yoyo team at best but having said that I will remain positive while there is still hope.[/quote]Go down and this has been a wasted opportunity.

This club is such a joke they will probably sack him with 4 games to go , laughing stock does not even come close .