Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

That's why you don't drop Bassong.

He''s not perfect, but he''s a mile better than that shambles, what the f**k was that from our defence. All 4 goals were simply pathetic!

Swanseas goal, gifting Adebayor a chance that he should have scored with

Bassong should have been dropped months ago then made to work for his place

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You missed his goal saving challenges vs Stoke and everyone was rubbish versus Villa.[/quote]
Yes I did miss them. When exactly did they happen? Not in the game I was watching...

On Crouch, early on. I''m not saying he''s perfect, but he''s helped us to 11 clean sheets and the defence today was the worst i''ve seen for years.

Shouldn''t have been dropped. He''s become a scapegoat

Yes he gave away the penalty but his overall performance against Stoke was good other than that. He''s a better player than Bennett without doubt.

CH changed 50% of our defence today and expects it to gel immediately, shows poor judgement imo, assuming no injuries.

[quote user="Ray"]CH changed 50% of our defence today and expects it to gel immediately, shows poor judgement imo, assuming no injuries.[/quote]Agreed, it was a touch of desperation IMO.

Clear desperation. Players who haven''t been in recently or for longer are suddenly back in.

CH changed 50% of our defence today and expects it to gel immediately, shows poor judgement imo, assuming no injuries.

Precisely; changed 50% the area with some modicum of consistency and performance and introduced uncertainty. simply got it wrong

It was a surprise seeing both Martin and Bassong on the bench, I accepted it as presumed that they were maybe not 100% fit......why do I say that? Because with CH''s team selection record to date leaving these two out was not consistent with what he has done previously,I thought it was out of character...... so unfortunately it it wasnt that they werent fit it was one of the first times he has appeared to panic and/or bow to some external pressure perhaps. For me, the key is holding your nerve in the circumstances we are in and not taking risks.................some may feel its the opposite?  

for me it wasn''t so much the dropping of Bassong it was the dropping of Martin and Redmond that done it for me.

Ollson and Redmond have a good understanding of how one another play as does Snoddy and Martin. so to completely remove the two partnerships down each sides was beyond idiotic as Mr. McNalley would say it was delinquent. Then you when you put the dropping of our team captain in Bassong on top of those decisions then you get exactly what happened on the pitch yesterday.

Pathetic excuse of a management team