Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

There will be demonstrations outside Carrow Road on Saturday

..and it will not be to support the (mis-)management team.This is inevitable I suspect to vent the painful frustrations of the long suffering supporters.What else is there to do to help extricate us from this very fine mess.

Getalife,

Assuming you are advocating/supporting such behaviour, which of course you may not be but then why start this thread, may I suggest you read your strap line, particularly the second line;

Rudeness is the weak man''s imitation of strength,

They are unable to control their emotional discomfort,

therefore pity them rather than blame them.

Unlikely to happen in my opinion.

Getalife you ask what else is there to do. Well we could try getting behind the team and creating the atmosphere we had against City and Spurs and hope that lifts the players to get the results irrespective of the managements tactics.

no there won''t, but if we go a couple down the fans inside will turn on hughton anyway

Would only make things worse for the team.  Show your frustration/anger/emotion inside the ground during the match and actually help gee the team up and show you want them to succeed.  

There will #FACT
Getalife will have a fold up card table demonstrating how to cut various fruit & veg into attractive flower shapes.  Personally I''m hoping he''ll cut a very large cucumber and turn it into a 2m long slinky spring.

Yes lets demonstrate before 1 of the 2 most important home games of the last 3 seasons.

regardless of wanting Hughton in or out, can anybody explain what the actual point of the demonstration is - to remove a manager 8 games from the end of the season when he will probably leave anyway?

May not be outside - although it''s a possibility if there is another capitulation like yesterday. But I think it could turn quite nasty inside if there is a complete no-show on the pitch.

Getalife you ask what else is there to do. Well we could try getting behind the team and creating the atmosphere we had against City and Spurs and hope that lifts the players to get the results irrespective of the managements tactics. --------------------------------------------------Well Sussex Yellow may I quote the old adage that ''Whilst one may help a lame dog over a style it remains lame on the other side''.Nevertheless I commend your spirit of moderation which I believe to be the better way on some occasions.I expected this post to be divisive and in some ways I feel ashamed that I thought it appropriate or perhaps necessary but I stand by what I have written for better or worse.In response to others who dislike my post I have to restate my position that I am not advocating there should be a demo only that I expect one from the culmination of the fallout of the past months moreover that I would understand those who may attend such a meeting.The proactive supporters’ are the catalyst for change as history has recorded.A peaceful demonstration is the foundation of democracy as is the right to express ones minority views and unpopular beliefs and long long long may it continue.Whatever differences we may have on this matter it simply goes to show we are all together with respect to the passionate love of our club.[:)][:)]

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"]I will support any demonstration provided it is not just about Hughton being sacked ie it also includes the return of the Messiah[/quote]oh dear.

Getalife and Wiz to protest? I take it this is a cyber protest then?

Good response Getalife.

As you say we are all passionate about the club, and clearly demonstrated by record sales of season tickets despite this seasons frustrations.

I really can not see the point of a demonstration. Do we really think the board are unaware of fans frustrations? And what are we expecting the board to do? It is already arguably too late to change manager and that becomes more so with each game that goes by. This week is probably the last occasion when such a decision could be made, but the reality is that a decision to stick with Hughton until the end of the season has probably already been made.

Better that we channel our frustrations into positive action, and get behind the team. Otherwise we are just contributing to the very situation we are criticising.

Again, the "Messiah" aint coming back.....get over him....he is gone, left the club, gone to another club, will move on to another club as soon as he gets a better opportunity or things get challenging, a lot of us do not want him back (mmm I think thats the case)...........why would anyone think he would come back???????????? I just dont get it??????  

Personally I cant see anybody managing to find enough interest to protest. I don''t see any great anger now. Just a boredom and resignation to the fact our fate may as well be decided by the toss off a coin. We need 3 teams to be worse than us which is a big ask.

Wake me up when the season is over.

I very much doubt their will be a protest as the majority of fans have have accepted our fate, especially talking to some of fans at Southampton yesterday.

however im sick of reading this nonsense of "support the team" or "lest help gee up the players"

we as city fans have and will always support our team and to suggest that our fans are doing anything other than that is ludicrous.

If the players cant gee them selves up for any premier league game that could decide this club survival then they shouldn''t be aloud to wear the shirt plain and simple!

we are in trouble the evidence is their its up to the players to step up and be counted not the fans!

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Personally I cant see anybody managing to find enough interest to protest. I don''t see any great anger now. Just a boredom and resignation to the fact our fate may as well be decided by the toss off a coin. We need 3 teams to be worse than us which is a big ask.

Wake me up when the season is over.[/quote]

Cheer up KG, the low points don''t last forever any more than the high points do. Motion sickness is all part of the fun.if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same.Not easy I know, but all part of life''s rich pageant.[Y]

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]Would only make things worse for the team.  Show your frustration/anger/emotion inside the ground during the match and actually help gee the team up and show you want them to succeed.  

[/quote]

It can''t get much worse. We''re a falling stone.[/quote]
League One.
Bryan Gunn as manager.
7-1 loss to Colchester.
Players like Theoklitos, Otsemobor, JBA, Jamie Cureton in the team.
Yes it can get much much much much worse. How short is your memory?

if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same...............................Aha! So you are no other than Rudyard Kipling I salute you and the rumors of your passing are grossly exaggerated otherwise surely you would have acknowledged the great poet.You will recall that you went on to say:If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too; If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or, being lied about, don''t deal in lies, Or, being hated, don''t give way to hating, And yet don''t look too good, nor talk too wise; If you can dream - and not make dreams your master; If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two imposters just the same; If you can bear to hear the truth you''ve spoken Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your life to broken, And stoop and build ''em up with wornout tools; If you can make one heap of all your winnings And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, And lose, and start again at your beginnings And never breath a word about your loss; If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone, And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on"; If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch; If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you; If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds'' worth of distance run - Yours is the Earth and everything that''s in it, And - which is more - you''ll be a Man my son! ~Kipling[:)][:)]

[quote user="Getalife"]if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same...............................Aha! So you are no other than Rudyard Kipling I salute you and the rumors of your passing are grossly exaggerated otherwise surely you would have acknowledged the great poet.You will recall that you went on to say:If you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too; If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, Or, being lied about, don''t deal in lies, Or, being hated, don''t give way to hating, And yet don''t look too good, nor talk too wise; If you can dream - and not make dreams your master; If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim; If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two imposters just the same; If you can bear to hear the truth you''ve spoken Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools, Or watch the things you gave your life to broken, And stoop and build ''em up with wornout tools; If you can make one heap of all your winnings And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, And lose, and start again at your beginnings And never breath a word about your loss; If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew To serve your turn long after they are gone, And so hold on when there is nothing in you Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on"; If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue, Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch; If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you; If all men count with you, but none too much; If you can fill the unforgiving minute With sixty seconds'' worth of distance run - Yours is the Earth and everything that''s in it, And - which is more - you''ll be a Man my son! ~Kipling[:)][:)][/quote]Something we would all do well to keep in mind.Relegation would be painful and for some it will be a new experience but it''s still a long way from certain yet. NCFC supporting has always been full of ups and downs and no doubt the future will be very much like the past.Looking on the bright side remember that points on the board are better than games in hand and our home record should give us encouragement that we can get enough points to stay up.Up or down I shall still be there next season. (the grim reaper permitting of course)[:D]

Nice to read Kipling...

Can''t help but feel our efforts would be better served getting behind the team and carrying them over the line for what frankly has become the very definition of a ''6 pointer''

Nothing will change as a result of some ill feeling being shouted at the upper windows on Carrow, nor are the club ignorant to the feelings of supporters. I feel that this will be sorted by the end of the season, but change now would just cause chaos for our run in.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]18,000+ people renewed their season ticket in the full knowledge and understanding that we could be playing in the second teir of English football next season, surelly the most effective protest would have been a significantly lower renewal rate?.......[/quote]

At the end of the day, as with the players, money talks...

"Players like Theoklitos, Otsemobor, JBA, Jamie Cureton in the team". Otsemobor was one of our better players during that period, and Jamie Cureton is only second to Kevin Phillips in the all time goal scorers list (currently still playing); and yes, I do know at what level his goals were scored. I bet no one on this message board has excelled in their chosen profession the way JC has done.