Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Are there any positives...

To take from this season so far?

Howson when he was fit earlier in the season. Glimpses of Redmond''s star potential and Olsson are all I can think of.

Probably the only clear cut positive is the fact we haven''t somehow slipped into the bottom three since November. Not yet anyway.

It has been a challenging season, but of course there are a few positives, not many though...

- The progress one of the Murphy brothers has made with the other also doing well, as well a some other youngsters showing promise for the future
- John Ruddy after a very serious injury being back in England contention
- We have remained outside of the bottom three
- A certain club down the road remaining outside of the play-offs (for many on here is a real positive)
- Ken Brown''s 80th
- The club moved out of debt 
- The professional way both CH and DMc have handled themselves during a very challenging period (some will disagree, but I think that''s a huge positive when looking around at other clubs)

If we come through this season still in the EPL, then the club will have learnt a hell of a lot and that will be a huge positive for the future.

The professional way both CH and DMc have handled themselves during a

very challenging period (some will disagree, but I think that''s a huge

positive when looking around at other clubsThis for me is hardly a positive, this has led to the fact that he is still here!! God if we can hold our heads up from this awful season. Maybe you would sanction another!! :-(

Gafaiti, Rudd, Mcgheehan, Murphy, Loza all getting valuable experience out on loan, lets face it we might need them in the championship next season : (

It has definitely been a season of stagnation.  The dullest glimmers of hope are Olsson improvement during the season,  Ruddy regaining his form post injury (been very solid last 4 months),  redmond & Fer showing some glimpses of why we signed them (we just need more of that quality),  how effective Tettey is as our defensive midfielder, and best of all the emergence of Murphy - who I want to see on the bench or starting before the end of the season.

Another positive its it has shown us clearly where we need to improve the squad if/when we escape relegation (2 x cb,  rb, cm x2 (3 when wessi leaves), 1 striker strong in the air, and probably another keeper when ruddy leaves)