Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

SAME OLD RHETORIC

What will the Pinkun report this week? Chris Hughton still believes he can turn it around? The Players Are Treating Every Game Like A Cup Final?

Boring, boring, boring! Lets sack the ''Nice Man In Football'' and get some fresh impetus back into the club. Nice guys get no where. You need steel, you need drive and you need blood thirsty ambition and sadly Chrissy H has none of them.

Get Colin Calderwood and that Trollope out as well!

King MALKY to reign.

Yes but unfortunately all he says is true, if you do not believe him ask any Man Utd fan. We all know Sir alex would not be in the position Moyes is in.

We need someone like Lennon to stop putting up with the pathetic performances like the first 80 mins against Southampton. hughton has no answers left, his team do not respond andseem at times to not care!

They need to be scared to go back to the dressing room after such performances

Hughton has presided in the dullest two years of NCFC in living memory and cant put together a team that know how to fight for anything.

There is no possibility we can get to 40 points this season, the only hope is that 3 other teams are even worse than us.

Thankfully the one positive think Hughton has done is to provide me with a huge dose of apathy ensuring no repeat of the despair from Fulham 2005.

Wake me up in August.

[quote user="CJ"]Yes but unfortunately all he says is true, if you do not believe him ask any Man Utd fan. We all know Sir alex would not be in the position Moyes is in. We need someone like Lennon to stop putting up with the pathetic performances like the first 80 mins against Southampton. hughton has no answers left, his team do not respond andseem at times to not care! They need to be scared to go back to the dressing room after such performances[/quote]

This. [Y]

I don''t think players in this age would even be "scared" of a disciplinarian Manager in the mould of Lennon et al.

They''d just laugh behind his back and not give a f**k regardless. Look at Di Canio, he threatened and started to berate, bully and work the Sunderland players as soon as he arrived because it was, popularly perceived, that they needed that kick up the backsides, someone to come in and make them respond, bring fear to the dressing room, get results etc etc.

They just rebelled against him and his methods and look what happened.

Egotistical footballers on big wages-for us, and, for many of them, the highest they''ll ever be on-aren''t going to be ''frightened'' of someone coming in who is seen as a bit of a hardcase. If anything they''re going to react to the image and potential of what his appointment might bring by having a collective attitude of ''who the feck does he think he is then?''-and, if anything, refuse to take onboard or respond to him in anything other than the bare minimum effort.

What''s he going to do? Shout at them? Throw teacups around? Order them in for Sunday morning training and cancel their days off? They won''t care. They''ll collectively do as they are told whilst also collectively looking to screw him over at the first opportunity whilst also getting onto their agents and demanding a move, something their agents will be only too pleased to follow up on their behalf.

Managing "by fear" won''t happen at this level-won''t or can''t. The fantasy of getting Lennon or similar in to "sort them out" is just that-a fantasy. How many of us were genuinely scared of the ''hardmen'' teachers at our schools? I wasn''t. I''d respect them but if they tried to scare me I''d just react as any teenager would and not give a f**k. Multiply that ten times over with Prem footballers and ''hardman'' Managers.

They''ll respond to someone they can respect and who they can see knows his stuff both in training and on matchday and in game situations.Saints have that in Pochetto, we had it with Lambert-it also helped that he had a CL Manager as the "show us your medals" mentality is a strong one amongst footballers.

Whoever replaces Hughton needn''t and shouldn''t be someone who is brought in to sort people out/lay the law down/give them a kick up the backside etc etc. it won''t work. It might in a prison...might...

...but not at most football clubs. We''ll need a football Manager not a loudmouth in a tracksuit.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="RuelFox"]

King MALKY to reign.

[/quote]

That is a recipe for disaster and further heartache.

[/quote]

Further Heartache?! According to you, LDC everything is fine

Bravo Old Shuck. Good analysis

The players do like Hughton, he is a good, detailed coach. His methodology is clear and consistent.

Until Saturday. An odd time to throw the cards in the air.

A bit of revolution might work in the very short term - and the argument might well be that now is in point - Hughton''s best odds - and the expectations of the players - were sticking with the grind. Does he now have revolution in him - and if so was Saturday a write off or a passing tantrum?

Yep, LDC I can''t follow your optimistic views any longer. The football is cr@p, how can you be looking on the brightside as a NCFC fan at the moment? I have stopped going to the away matches, as the performances are cr@p and it costs me a lot of money. I have been a supporter since the mid eighties, and this is one of the worst season''s , performance wise I have seen. You just can''t deny that. Maybe expectations are too high among supporters...I can read something like that in your reply already...but we''ve spent an arm and a leg and the performances are much , much worse than 2 seasons ago! I want Hughton out, whoever replaces him! I blame the manager mainly for the weak performances, but I accept the players aren''t faultless either...