Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Special request - no PR statements out of Carrow Road this week, no player interviews either

This is just my personal preference.....  that the time has come for the club to have a week of silence, other than the standard pre-match EPL TV requirements. I really dont think any positive spin from any player right now is necessary...they all need to just work hard and get the mind set right and then come out hyped up on Saturday and let the performance do the taling. No fitness updates, nothing...........anyone have similar thoughts?

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]This is just my personal preference.....  that the time has come for the club to have a week of silence, other than the standard pre-match EPL TV requirements. I really dont think any positive spin from any player right now is necessary...they all need to just work hard and get the mind set right and then come out hyped up on Saturday and let the performance do the taling. No fitness updates, nothing...........anyone have similar thoughts?[/quote]

I was thinking about this earlier and had thought that an appeal from Hughton for fans to be patient  might be a good idea.   There has been a disconnect between the manager and the fans for a long time  - and an appeal of that nature might help.   You would hope that the football would have done the talking - and when we do well, it does - but as things get difficult and some fans are losing patience, a personal plea may help the relationship.   I don''t think it would happen, but I think it could help the mood for the next match, which is starting to look like a season maker or breaker.  

I would go for the silence - not sure Hughton could say anything that would not be misconstrued, deliberately or otherwise.

BE PATIENT!. Do me a favour I am over 60 now.

Under this clown I don''t think I can wait long enough for him to get it right.

I will probably have shed this mortal coil by then.

Silence for me too. We''ve heard all the ''we''re pulling together'', ''we know what we have to do'' etc etc. Lets see the proof. Actions speak louder than words.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]This is just my personal preference.....  that the time has come for the club to have a week of silence, other than the standard pre-match EPL TV requirements. I really dont think any positive spin from any player right now is necessary...they all need to just work hard and get the mind set right and then come out hyped up on Saturday and let the performance do the taling. No fitness updates, nothing...........anyone have similar thoughts?[/quote]

I was thinking about this earlier and had thought that an appeal from Hughton for fans to be patient  might be a good idea.   There has been a disconnect between the manager and the fans for a long time  - and an appeal of that nature might help.   You would hope that the football would have done the talking - and when we do well, it does - but as things get difficult and some fans are losing patience, a personal plea may help the relationship.   I don''t think it would happen, but I think it could help the mood for the next match, which is starting to look like a season maker or breaker.  

[/quote]a statement like this would be a disaster. Fans have been patient at games for over a year now so for Hughton to come out and ask for patience would just do the exact opposite

For me it just feels like the right thing to do, sure a brief statement that there will be no statements until the pre match is fine and shows intent from the club about how seriously they are taking this........then top a week of silence off with a really committed showing.......  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]This is just my personal preference.....  that the time has come for the club to have a week of silence, other than the standard pre-match EPL TV requirements. I really dont think any positive spin from any player right now is necessary...they all need to just work hard and get the mind set right and then come out hyped up on Saturday and let the performance do the taling. No fitness updates, nothing...........anyone have similar thoughts?[/quote]

I was thinking about this earlier and had thought that an appeal from Hughton for fans to be patient  might be a good idea.   There has been a disconnect between the manager and the fans for a long time  - and an appeal of that nature might help.   You would hope that the football would have done the talking - and when we do well, it does - but as things get difficult and some fans are losing patience, a personal plea may help the relationship.   I don''t think it would happen, but I think it could help the mood for the next match, which is starting to look like a season maker or breaker.   [/quote]
We''ve been patient for 18 months FFS. What planet do you live on? There is nothing Hughton could say to re-connect with the fans. The performances speak volumes all by themselves, and him making some generic nonsensical statement about patience will do nothing except draw ire from those who saw sense and wanted rid of him long ago. 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]This is just my personal preference.....  that the time has come for the club to have a week of silence, other than the standard pre-match EPL TV requirements. I really dont think any positive spin from any player right now is necessary...they all need to just work hard and get the mind set right and then come out hyped up on Saturday and let the performance do the taling. No fitness updates, nothing...........anyone have similar thoughts?[/quote]

I''m sorry to be blunt here Mr Dubai but its posters like you and Mr LDC who delay the inevitable sacking of the under perfoming manager and his fellow clowns.

Your toady and snivelling ''peace in our time'' stance will help relegate us just as much as Hughton''s ineptitude will![:@]

Jimbo...no problem, I certainly wouldnt expect anything but an insult from you.....all I did was make a suggestion and ask if anyone had similar thoughts. How this has delayed the sacking or otherwise of the manager is beyond me......please explain?