Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Has this season been Hughton's masterplan?

Hugtons first season in my opinion was a transition period. He inherited a squad he knew little about, and pretty much wrote most of them off, determining the majority simply ''not good enough''. Fair enough, he''s entitled to his opinion. He brought in some good players, worked with what he had, but got them all behind the ball as he felt they couldnt go toe-to-toe with the oppostion. Fair enough, he''s entitled to his opinion. Then he made some transfer choices, with a sizeable budget, and again, brought in what we felt were some very good players. Yet the football seemed to get even less effective.

My question is this. Was what he ended up with this season the masterplan, or was he forced to bake a cake without some vital ingrediants? Yeast perhaps?

We all know that we were alleged to have been chasing Quagliarella, Toivonen, Alderweireld and a number of other ambitious targets during the summer. Are this seasons tactics a result of failing to bring in these types of players - the partner for Fer, the link-up man? (if so, would we not have signed such a player in January?). Is Hughtons ineffective and frustrating brand of football simply a product of having to play the hand he was dealt due to the transfer window? OR is there no missing piece? Was this the masterplan? Was it a concious decision to blow 14 million on two players who wouldnt be on the pitch together?

Has this season been a product of unfortunate circumtances that Hughton is merely a victim of? Or has this been Hughtons masterplan all along? Cuz if so, well, frankly, its been a bit sh*t

Good stuff....take this bit out "Or has this been Hughtons masterplan all along? Cuz if so, well, frankly, its been a bit sh*t"....and aside of the yeast, I think you are close to the truth.........which is probably a main reason why the club are currently sticking by him.... 

Its always felt like there was a piece missing, probably the Quagliarella player. Im just surprised that if that was the case why we didnt go hard for that type of player in January, or at least take whoever was available even if not out first choice, if such a vital part of the puzzle

Seeing as, due to my faux pas, the thread has become bread based, what do you call those bread based round things u slice in half and put butter on on Norfolk? It is a constant source of argument in my house as my other half is from Yorkshire and im from the midlands. What I call a cake ie fairy cake, she calls a bun, which is what I call a roll, for which she terms a breadcake. What is the Norfolk terminology?