Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

SACK MCNALLY

For me he is worse than Chris Hughton for failing to act. Its him making poor decisions that is costing us a place in the Premier League. What is this man waiting for?

• Havent wont more than one game back-to-back in the league
  • Splashed out £15m on strikers who have not even double figures between them, RVW scored only once
  • Tactical naviety and poor substitutions
  • Failure to play and utilise our most creative player Wes Hoolahan

This club is going backwards faster than you can drop a stone. Are we really going to wait until the penultimate game of the season when we are in the drop zone and have Arsenal in our last game of the season in a ''Fulham away'' day scenario some years ago where we hvae to win to stay up? Oh dear oh dear

McNally parted company with Fulham so apart from taking multi-millions in rumuneration of the past few years what has he done

Wise words my friend Wise words. He must also go at the end of the season. Best whack into him on twitter so he gets the message. Hughton Out. McNasty Out. Messiah Back

Totally agree ReulFox. If you run a business and someone is under performing you get shot of them, especially if they are running your business down. You don''t stand by them and watch bankruptcy approach.If your business is making widgets and your manager asks for £15m to buy a machine that makes the best widgets in the world and you sanction it''s purchase. What do you do if that machine doesn''t work?McNally has a lot to answer for. I was staggered when I heard him on the radio saying that CH''s target was to keep us out of the bottom three. I wish I had had targets like that when I was in banking. I would expect a CEO to be positive, dynamic and firm. What I heard was a junior clerk.McNally had the chance at Christmas / New Year to send CH on gardening leave and get someone else in to steer us out of trouble. RVW should have been loaned out to a lower league club.Money should have been made available to bolster the squad and climb away from the drop zoneGive McNally a violin, he can fiddle whilst our beloved Norwich City burns.They both have to go

McNally has certainly lost most of his credibilty in my eyes, through his failure to dismiss Chris. Hoots should have been given his P45 at the tail end of last season. Not good enough!

Oh brilliant idea!!!!! Lets sack the chief executive, that''s really going to change our fortunes on the field.

Why don''t we see if Robert Chase is available again as things were far better back then than they are now.

How about you as chief exec, you have some clever ideas. Not!

Unbelievable - some people have such short memories and forget the wonderful job that McNally, board of directors and coaching team have done over the past few years.

Get a grip. Sacking McNally is the last thing we need to be doing.

Yes we are in a perilous position but win Saturday and things will look a whole lot different.

Not as simple as that.

McNally cannot sack Hughton, it is not his decision to make. He may even feel it is exactly what needs to be done and may even have been of that opinion for some time.

But until a majority of board members make the decision to replace the Manager it makes not a jot of difference as to what McNally thinks, so claiming he should be removed as well when the decision is out of his hands is premature.

He doesn''t own the club and cannot make these decisions for himself. Nor, for that matter,  can the owners. Its one for a board to take, not any one individual.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Not as simple as that.

McNally cannot sack Hughton, it is not his decision to make. He may even feel it is exactly what needs to be done and may even have been of that opinion for some time.

But until a majority of board members make the decision to replace the Manager it makes not a jot of difference as to what McNally thinks, so claiming he should be removed as well when the decision is out of his hands is premature.

He doesn''t own the club and cannot make these decisions for himself. Nor, for that matter,  can the owners. Its one for a board to take, not any one individual.

[/quote]

Good sensible post Mr OS please stop it at once!

No change before end off season but McNally needs to go in the event of relegation along with Hughton and his cronies. Relegation clauses if in place will be with those appointed during Lambert reign Pilks, both Bennos and Russ Martin. Can''t see Hughton signings agree so RVW, Snoddy,Fer and Hoops on such clauses. Remember Zigic at Brum still on £60k a week following relegation, City could be in same situation if relegated.

MCNALLY To Go.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"] Why don''t we see if Robert Chase is available again as things were far better back then than they are now. .[/quote]

5th, 4th and 3rd in the top flight, 2 FA cup semi finals, Europe and Wiining in Munich...

How close have we come to any of this under the current regime at the club? if theres one thing Fat Bob wasn''t afraid to do it was pee people off/fire managers and be very public about it all...

McNally attends every single game.... he got his man.... it isnt working.. he clings to the hope./

perhaps the "you don#''t know what your doing" chants needed to be aimed higher than Hughton on saturday?

This is SO stupid and short-sighted I can''t even believe it.

You''re saying simply on the basis of not sacking an under-performing manager (who lets face it, is only SLIGHTLY under-performing, points and places wise) in the time-frame that you would like, we should sack the man MOST responsible for our up-turn in fortunes since being at the bottom of LEAGUE ONE. So you are basically saying all the good things he has done mean nothing, because of one perceived mistake?

As for:

"Havent wont more than one game back-to-back in the league

Tactical naviety and poor substitutions

Failure to play and utilise our most creative player Wes Hoolahan"

- Pretty sure McNally doesn''t have a say in these decisions. You can blame Hughton for those.

"apart from taking multi-millions in rumuneration of the past few years what has he done"

- Oh, I don''t know - how about (and I''ll put this in capitals to drum it home for you):

1. RUTHLESSLY SACKING GUNN

2. APPOINTING A MANAGER WHO GOT US 2 PROMOTIONS IN A ROW

3. KEEPING US IN THE PREM FOR 2 SEASONS IN A ROW..

4. .. WHILST ERADICATING ALL DEBT

5. SANCTIONING A NUMBER OF GREAT SIGNINGS SUCH AS BASSONG, OLSSON, SNODGRASS, FER, REDMOND,

Idiot.

[quote user="MancCanary"]This is SO stupid and short-sighted I can''t even believe it.

You''re saying simply on the basis of not sacking an under-performing manager (who lets face it, is only SLIGHTLY under-performing, points and places wise) in the time-frame that you would like, we should sack the man MOST responsible for our up-turn in fortunes since being at the bottom of LEAGUE ONE. So you are basically saying all the good things he has done mean nothing, because of one perceived mistake?

As for:

- Pretty sure McNally doesn''t have a say in these decisions. You can blame Hughton for those.

"apart from taking multi-millions in rumuneration of the past few years what has he done"

- Oh, I don''t know - how about (and I''ll put this in capitals to drum it home for you):

5. SANCTIONING A NUMBER OF GREAT SIGNINGS SUCH AS BASSONG, OLSSON, SNODGRASS, FER, REDMOND,

Idiot.[/quote]

The only good thing he done was appointing Lambert he was the one on the field who took us up. Did he keep Lambert? No he didnt he completely killed the relationship with him and allowed him to leave despite the fact Norwich had more to spend in the summer to take them to the next level against Aston Villa.

The Debt eradication was due to Lambert''s on the field success. If he hired him as the chief executive its his decision to fire him. The board can intervene but at the end of the day he has a duty to make the strong decisions.

Why do people believe McNally is this ''McNasty'' type character who is a hero? Were Fulham blind sighted that he was so good they got rid of him?

Take Lambert away which was more fluke than genius then he has done nothing but take millions away. If we get relegated he will be at fault.

I must say as someone who in the past was often attacked here for pointing out McNally''s occasional mistakes (one poster wondered if I was seeking revenge for the CEO having slept with my wife) I find this kind of thread quite hilarious.[:)]

[quote user="RuelFox"]

[quote user="MancCanary"]This is SO stupid and short-sighted I can''t even believe it.

As for:

Idiot.[/quote]

The only good thing he done was appointing Lambert he was the one on the field who took us up. Did he keep Lambert? No he didnt he completely killed the relationship with him and allowed him to leave despite the fact Norwich had more to spend in the summer to take them to the next level against Aston Villa.

The Debt eradication was due to Lambert''s on the field success. If he hired him as the chief executive its his decision to fire him. The board can intervene but at the end of the day he has a duty to make the strong decisions.

Why do people believe McNally is this ''McNasty'' type character who is a hero? Were Fulham blind sighted that he was so good they got rid of him?

Take Lambert away which was more fluke than genius then he has done nothing but take millions away. If we get relegated he will be at fault.

[/quote]

Sorry, I totally disagree.

"The only good thing he done was appointing Lambert he was the one on the field who took us up" ........... So you''re saying the sacking Gunn wasn''t a good thing? You''re saying that sanctioning the players I listed was not a good thing?

"Did he keep Lambert? No he didnt he completely killed the relationship with him"

............... Lambert asked to leave - is that McNally''s fault? The relationship obviously deteriorated after Lambert''s first "wobble", and was broken beyond repair at the end. Is that McNally''s fault, or our "Messiah"s?

"The Debt eradication was due to Lambert''s on the field success."

.......... And who appointed Lambert? And who sanctioned Lambert''s signings?

"Were Fulham blind sighted that he was so good they got rid of him?"

.............. if you knew even the slightest bit about what you are talking about, you would know it was McNally''s decision to leave Fulham, after 4 successful years. See Celtic if you want more glowing reviews of his work.

We can''t sanction too much change at once, some say that the real problem at Man Utd. was that David Gill left the club at the same time as SAF leaving a new manager and chief exec, perhaps if Gill had stayed on the summer transfer window may have been better for Utd and their season would be much better.

We probably made a mistake in replacing our strike force in a short space of time, sometimes a bit of stability is the answer.

Will you admit defeat and say your wrong when we get relegated.

Im beginning to think McNally is on here as a poster.

if we go down mcnally should be sacked along with clueless chris, keeping hughton beyond xmas was suicide and it was his call

[quote user="RuelFox"]

[/quote]

Yes I will - but only if you will first admit defeat on the points I quoted you on earlier - which, by the way, you haven''t replied to.. why is that I wonder?

You can''t have a discussion with someone, and then just not reply when they put across their opinion on why you are wrong - life doesn''t work like that.

[quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="RuelFox"]

[/quote]

Yes I will - but only if you will first admit defeat on the points I quoted you on earlier - which, by the way, you haven''t replied to.. why is that I wonder?

You can''t have a discussion with someone, and then just not reply when they put across their opinion on why you are wrong - life doesn''t work like that.[/quote]

There are more than enough teams in the Manchester area why don''t you support one of them rather than coming on here and spouting your plastic sh@t

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I must say as someone who in the past was often attacked here for pointing out McNally''s occasional mistakes (one poster wondered if I was seeking revenge for the CEO having slept with my wife) I find this kind of thread quite hilarious.[:)]
[/quote]

Purple, at a certain stage in life one tends not to seek revenge for this type of occurrence but rather pay a bonus. However, I do understand the impracticality in your case as you have previously expressed reservations on McNally''s existing bonus level.

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="RuelFox"]

[/quote]

You can''t have a discussion with someone, and then just not reply when they put across their opinion on why you are wrong - life doesn''t work like that.[/quote]

There are more than enough teams in the Manchester area why don''t you support one of them rather than coming on here and spouting your plastic sh@t[/quote]

Nice try kid - but for the 3rd time - you don''t fool me and you don''t wind me up. It doesn''t really need saying, but I''ll say it anyway - I''m Norfolk born and bred, and wouldn''t support another team for love nor money.

PS - By your own standards, you''re a very plastic 1p5wich fan if you live in Thorpe End aren''t you?

Ruelfox, agree with you 100%. Taking the football out of it and talking purely business what C/E would sit back and do nothing and watch the business plan fall apart as McNumpty has. You are talking figures of 40 mil plus each season for remaining in the Premiership.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I must say as someone who in the past was often attacked here for pointing out McNally''s occasional mistakes (one poster wondered if I was seeking revenge for the CEO having slept with my wife) I find this kind of thread quite hilarious.[:)][/quote]

Purple, at a certain stage in life one tends not to seek revenge for this type of occurrence but rather pay a bonus. However, I do understand the impracticality in your case as you have previously expressed reservations on McNally''s existing bonus level.

[/quote]Yankee, my reservations were not about McNally''s bonus per se but about the lack of justificatory detail. Bearing your post in mind I certainly would want the explanation in this season''s accounts to be much more explicit...[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I must say as someone who in the past was often attacked here for pointing out McNally''s occasional mistakes (one poster wondered if I was seeking revenge for the CEO having slept with my wife) I find this kind of thread quite hilarious.[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yankee, my reservations were not about McNally''s bonus per se but about the lack of justificatory detail. Bearing your post in mind I certainly would want the explanation in this season''s accounts to be much more explicit...
[;)]
[/quote]

I would want to be sure he gets nothing for ending up on the bottom. [;)]

[quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="RuelFox"]

[/quote]

There are more than enough teams in the Manchester area why don''t you support one of them rather than coming on here and spouting your plastic sh@t[/quote]
I''d rather he support our club than you.
If you are in fact a Norwich fan, and not some troll on the wind up. Then you are a disgrace, and its fans like you, not ones from Manchester, Lake District, New York, Dubai or anywhere else that are the problem.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Thorpe end canary"][quote user="MancCanary"][quote user="RuelFox"]

[/quote]

I''d rather he support our club than you.
If you are in fact a Norwich fan, and not some troll on the wind up. Then you are a disgrace, and its fans like you, not ones from Manchester, Lake District, New York, Dubai or anywhere else that are the problem.
[/quote]

Cheers GP. He''s deffo just a bin-dweller on the wind-up though - he never has any response for me. It''s fine when you just accept it''s just a sad kid with nothing better to do :)

without mcnally we would still be in lge1, with someone like paul ince in charge

Yep. And people forget we went up 2 leagues in a row. I think if it had just been the championship, people would be relatively happy now.

Even if we do get relegated this season, we''ll still be 1 league higher than where we were when McNally joined.

The original 5 year plan included a couple of years in the Championship, followed by a couple of yo-yo seasons.

I think some fans have been spoiled by the 2 fast promotions and now think anything less than the premiership forever means the board have failed.