Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Elmander

I''m surprised he didn''t come over to the away supporters and flicked a couple of v signs at the absolute morons booing him onto the field of play yesterday.

If you don''t agree with the managers decisions that''s fine but to boo an individual player ON YOUR OWN TEAM is an absolute disgrace and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

Elmander proved what he could do when he came on yesterday, there is surely an argument to give him a start on Saturday now

[quote user="Yobocop"]I''m surprised he didn''t come over to the away supporters and flicked a couple of v signs at the absolute morons booing him onto the field of play yesterday.

If you don''t agree with the managers decisions that''s fine but to boo an individual player ON YOUR OWN TEAM is an absolute disgrace and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

Elmander proved what he could do when he came on yesterday, there is surely an argument to give him a start on Saturday now[/quote]
Agreed.
On all points.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
People have been booing players, elmander especially.
Moronic, childish, self indulgent and pathetic.

If you have to boo the team, save it for the end... Personal I just don''t see the point, the club and players know when they have let us down, despite what you might think and turning Carrow road into a cauldron of poison towards our own team turns it into a nasty place for not only the players (already low on confidence) but also us the fans.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them [/quote]

That is the most laughable b*ll*x  I''ve ever read on here - and that includes my own posts........

I know what I would have done yesterday if I was elmander but it just goes to show his professionalism that he didn''t react to these tarts in the crowd.

To represent your country as many times as elmander has doesn''t make him an awful player

Elmander''s treatment from some fans this season has been shameful. He has conducted himself well throughout. As all PL players should considering the money they earn. But still, credit to Elmander especially when you see how others behave every week on MOTD. Credit to Hughton too for the same reason. Joe Royle mentioned him in particular when discussing the pathetic behaviour by other managers this season. There was more of the same from both players and managers on MOTD last night too.

Elmander may just have earned a start by his opportunism yesterday. And if he was to link up well with RVW it could be the bit of luck we need to get over the line. Stranger things have happened...

I am not a fan of his by any stretch of the imagination. However, he has found the back of the net with a very composed finish - something which has been beyond both Ricky and Hoops in over a combined 30 hours of football (the combined length of their respective goal droughts).

I think I am also right in saying that Hooper hasn''t scored any of his goals for Norwich without Elmander being on the pitch at the same time. Its a a sign of the times perhaps but he has a very decent claim to start against Sunderland on Saturday - either by himself or with one of Hoops/RVW.

[quote user="Yobocop"]I know what I would have done yesterday if I was elmander but it just goes to show his professionalism that he didn''t react to these tarts in the crowd.

To represent your country as many times as elmander has doesn''t make him an awful player[/quote]I imagine Johan is quite satisfied with the knowledge that he is probably earning more than 99% of the fans do a year in a single week, and of course ghat by traveling 250 miles to boo him they''re helping to pay his wages too.

I remember the game Snoddy was getting stick taking his corner right in front of us, and his outburst that followed. In the second half of that game Elmander was warming up, again in front of us and a few idiots started to give him a bit of stick, emboldened no doubt by the Snoddy incident and now feeling particularly hard!!! He turned to the crowd with a bemused expression on his face and started beating the City badge on his chest. I thought that was a great response. It shut the idiots up as well. I was just wandered what he must be thinking, he is a guy that gives it his best shot when he gets on the pitch, he is doing what he can for the club, yet nutters in the crowd give him stick. The really sad thing is that he contributes quite a lot when he does come on, and the abusers in the crowd don''t have the ability to see it.

Been saying for a few weeks now that he needs to start - not as a lone striker, or on the right wing, but alongside rvw or Hooper. Hopefully Elmander has a bit of confidence after his goal and both RVW and Hooper have looked better playing alongside him.

However he seems to be turning into our own Emile Heskey - slated because he doenst score goals yet people cannot see what he does for the team in general

We''ve always had a section of morons who need a whipping boy. Elmander has taken the place of Morison. They just need a target to take out their frustrations on in their sad, pathetic lives.

Agreed no need to be booed or made the scapegoat, he does give 100% when on pitch and although I don''t rate him as proven 1 goal in 24 games he does his bit.

A for his reaction he is only on loan and gets a hefty wage we can only dream of and I expect nothing more than a return on that outlay.

I think he has lived up to my expectations and he should not be made the focus of so much hate by a small amount of fans.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Morty, I have read a number of your posts over the last few days and particularly one where you lectured the fans who went to St Mary''s on the subject of booing. Just out of curiosity can I ask : did you go to St Mary''s or did you stay at home ?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

Been saying for a few weeks now that he needs to start - not as a lone striker, or on the right wing, but alongside rvw or Hooper. Hopefully Elmander has a bit of confidence after his goal and both RVW and Hooper have looked better playing alongside him.

However he seems to be turning into our own Emile Heskey - slated because he doenst score goals yet people cannot see what he does for the team in general

[/quote]

Totally agree. Heskey was a great foil for Owen. Elmander can do that role. Look at Duncan Ferguson at Everton - he hardly scored, but he was a hero.

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Morty, I have read a number of your posts over the last few days and particularly one where you lectured the fans who went to St Mary''s on the subject of booing. Just out of curiosity can I ask : did you go to St Mary''s or did you stay at home ?[/quote]
I regularly attend away matches, but couldnt make it on Saturday.
Your point being?
To save some time, if your point is that they have some sort of right to boo players because they have paid money to watch them, then doesnt detract from the fact iy is moronic, selfish, and counter productive.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Morty, I have read a number of your posts over the last few days and particularly one where you lectured the fans who went to St Mary''s on the subject of booing. Just out of curiosity can I ask : did you go to St Mary''s or did you stay at home ?[/quote]
Your point being?
To save some time, if your point is that they have some sort of right to boo players because they have paid money to watch them, then doesnt detract from the fact iy is moronic, selfish, and counter productive.
[/quote]

Morty, my question was : "Did you go to St Mary''s (on Saturday) or did you stay at home ?"

From your answer I learn that apparently you regularly attend away matches (more information than I needed) but last Saturday you stayed at home.

I wasn''t making any particular point. I just wanted to establish if your moralising of our fellow fans'' behaviour was informed or not..... and it wasn''t.

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Your point being?
[/quote]

Morty, my question was : "Did you go to St Mary''s (on Saturday) or did you stay at home ?"

From your answer I learn that apparently you regularly attend away matches (more information than I needed) but last Saturday you stayed at home.

I wasn''t making any particular point. I just wanted to establish if your moralising of our fellow fans'' behaviour was informed or not..... and it wasn''t.[/quote]Lol, whatever fella[Y]My opinion remains that if you are pathetic enough to boo players, you are a moron.

Morty, you and a few others on this board have the patience of a saint........I dont think I could do it to be honest..............as its a bit like trying to squat away a load of flies but they keep coming back.............entertaining though....happy days...OTBC 

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Morty, you and a few others on this board have the patience of a saint........I dont think I could do it to be honest..............as its a bit like trying to squat away a load of flies but they keep coming back.............entertaining though....happy days...OTBC [/quote]It amuses me, I wouldn''t do it otherwise[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Your point being?
[/quote]

I wasn''t making any particular point. I just wanted to establish if your moralising of our fellow fans'' behaviour was informed or not..... and it wasn''t.[/quote]Lol, whatever fella[Y]My opinion remains that if you are pathetic enough to boo players, you are a moron.[/quote]

Well Morty, I was at the match and when the booing which greeted the three substitutions had subsided it was immediately followed by an extremely loud rendition of "you don''t know what you''re doing". My view then was that the booing and of course the subsequent chant were both aimed at Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope. There was no question of the booing being aimed at any or all of the three players that had come on and, indeed, no player was singled out.

I don''t agree with booing players at any time. Never have done, never will. I reserved my booing on Saturday for the lino and ref who were absolute crap and I think I could probably find it in my character to boo you. ..... fella.

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Your point being?
[/quote]

I wasn''t making any particular point. I just wanted to establish if your moralising of our fellow fans'' behaviour was informed or not..... and it wasn''t.[/quote]Lol, whatever fella[Y]My opinion remains that if you are pathetic enough to boo players, you are a moron.[/quote]

Well Morty, I was at the match and when the booing which greeted the three substitutions had subsided it was immediately followed by an extremely loud rendition of "you don''t know what you''re doing". My view then was that the booing and of course the subsequent chant were both aimed at Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope. There was no question of the booing being aimed at any or all of the three players that had come on and, indeed, no player was singled out.

I don''t agree with booing players at any time. Never have done, never will. I reserved my booing on Saturday for the lino and ref who were absolute crap and I think I could probably find it in my character to boo you. ..... fella.[/quote]Right, so essentially you agree with my stance on booing players.Glad we got that sorted out[Y]

Booing - or chanting  "yoodonowaayadooin" - whether it be at  players or manager or coach is bound to have a bad effect on your team.   They are already demoralised from being 2-0 down, then 3.   And then look what happens - 2 quick goals and there is everything to play for, one of the subs scoring in the process.  What did the booers do then?  Start cheering the players no doubt.  Fickle or what.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Your point being?
[/quote]

I don''t agree with booing players at any time. Never have done, never will. I reserved my booing on Saturday for the lino and ref who were absolute crap and I think I could probably find it in my character to boo you. ..... fella.[/quote]Right, so essentially you agree with my stance on booing players.Glad we got that sorted out[Y][/quote]

You alleged that our travelling fans booed our players during the match against Southampton, a match you did not attend. Having created this false premise you proceeded pompously to moralise about booing players and described our fans as morons.

The saying “It takes one to know one” refers of course to the idea that one person''s traits are often recognised by another person who shares those traits and I do feel therefore that it neatly refers to you. I am sorry because I don''t want to insult you but I do feel that on this occasion, if not others, you do deserve it.

Yep, LDC I can''t follow your optimistic views any longer. I understand the fan''s shouting out, although I don''t do it myself. The football is cr@p, how can you be looking on the brightside as a NCFC fan at the moment? I have stopped going to the away matches, as the performances are cr@p and it costs me a lot of money. I have been a supporter since the mid eighties, and this is one of the worst season''s , performance wise I have seen. You just can''t deny that. Maybe expectations are too high among supporters...I can read something like that in your reply already...but we''ve spent an arm and a leg and the performances are much , much worse than 2 seasons ago! I want Hughton out, whoever replaces him! I blame the manager mainly for the weak performances, but I accept the players aren''t faultless either...

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Your point being?
[/quote]

I don''t agree with booing players at any time. Never have done, never will. I reserved my booing on Saturday for the lino and ref who were absolute crap and I think I could probably find it in my character to boo you. ..... fella.[/quote]Right, so essentially you agree with my stance on booing players.Glad we got that sorted out[Y][/quote]

You alleged that our travelling fans booed our players during the match against Southampton, a match you did not attend. Having created this false premise you proceeded pompously to moralise about booing players and described our fans as morons.

The saying “It takes one to know one” refers of course to the idea that one person''s traits are often recognised by another person who shares those traits and I do feel therefore that it neatly refers to you. I am sorry because I don''t want to insult you but I do feel that on this occasion, if not others, you do deserve it.[/quote]I heard them clearly booing on the radio, or did Radio Norfolk dub that on?And "fans" around me booed Elmander before he even kicked a ball in the Stoke game.My opinion stands.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Yep, LDC I can''t follow your optimistic views any longer. I understand the fan''s shouting out, although I don''t do it myself. The football is cr@p, how can you be looking on the brightside as a NCFC fan at the moment? I have stopped going to the away matches, as the performances are cr@p and it costs me a lot of money. I have been a supporter since the mid eighties, and this is one of the worst season''s , performance wise I have seen. You just can''t deny that. Maybe expectations are too high among supporters...I can read something like that in your reply already...but we''ve spent an arm and a leg and the performances are much , much worse than 2 seasons ago! I want Hughton out, whoever replaces him! I blame the manager mainly for the weak performances, but I accept the players aren''t faultless either...[/quote]

I''m not feeling that optimistic or looking on the brightside.  I just won''t assume the worst.  I won''t assume the best either.  Its in the future - and as far as I know, the future hasn''t been written yet.   All I go on is what has happened in the past and what little I know about football.  We''re strong at home and  the way the league is - every club is inconsistent, right to the top - it means there will be some results no-one expects happening - us beating Liverpool for instance - its not impossible - we held and nearly beat ManCity.

We''re in the mix right enough and too near the bottom for comfort, but we still have eight games and everything to play for - even if it means having to beat Arsenal on the last day.  

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="barclay_boy111"]you clearly don''t understand that we where and never boo the players but the scenario in which hapless deploys them and for whom he changes them with[/quote]
[/quote]

Your point being?
[/quote]

The saying “It takes one to know one” refers of course to the idea that one person''s traits are often recognised by another person who shares those traits and I do feel therefore that it neatly refers to you. I am sorry because I don''t want to insult you but I do feel that on this occasion, if not others, you do deserve it.[/quote]I heard them clearly booing on the radio, or did Radio Norfolk dub that on?And "fans" around me booed Elmander before he even kicked a ball in the Stoke game.My opinion stands.[/quote]I dont think anyone gives a S*** about your opinion bar yourself and LDC. Your defence of Hughton is just tiresome thread after thread. We are crap, he is the manager responsible. END OF!