Swansea (a) 0-2

West Brom (h) 1-1

Fulham (a) 1-0

Liverpool (h) 0-3

Chelsea (a) 0-4

Man Utd (a) 0-1

Arsenal (h) 0-1

36 points. Probably relegated

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Surprised at how few people are willing to have a punt on likely outcomes for our run in. People seem to have very strong views on whether we will stay up or down, but arent willing to speculate on how that might happen. Obviously noone knows how many points we will need, but I would have thought people would be happy to make some predictions as to how many points we would acquire and in which games, especially as plenty on here seem to like a gamble. If you feel the team is doomed, demonstrate why. If you feel the team will win lots of points, predict in which games. Both views are strong, surprisingly few people willing to illustrate either...[/quote]

Did you just start this to have a pop at anyone who thinks we might stay up?

Here''s an opportunity for you then;

Sunderland - 3pts

Swansea - 1 pt

West Brom - 3pts

Fulham - 1pt

Liverpool - 0pts

Man Utd - 1pt

Chelsea - 0pts

Arsenal - 1pt

39 points - safe

I make my predictons on the basis that football happens in places other than Norwich. You may not have noticed, but fortunately we are coming into a spell against some teams with pretty poor form.

Sunderland played out a boring 0-0 draw with Palace at the weekend. Both looked devoid of much of an attacking outlet. Sunderland being the home side should be more concerned. They looked very much like us v Cardiff at home. Lots of half chances, no real gilt-edged stuff. We will do just enough for a 1-0 win.

Swansea''s honeymoon under Monk is well and truly over. Two points from 4 games including Palace, Stoke and WBA isn''t good and I expect them to return empty handed from Goodison and the Emirates before they play us, having had a midweek match. Our games over there are usually entertaining and we have a good record at the Liberty Stadium. I think we will hold them to a 2-2 draw.

West Brom had a good result this week, but without Brunt and Anelka, miss two really important players. They have 2 very important games against Hull and Cardiff before they play us. I expect both sides to be in decent form coming in to the game. But it will be a cagey affair which we will edge 1-0. My reason for this? I just think we are a better side.

For their win at Newcastle, Fulham were poor and it took an almighty cock-up from Krul to gift them the victory. They have Man City away, Everton at home and Villa away before us. 3 defeats in my book. Dejected and defeated, they play out a 0-0 draw.

Liverpool are just too bloody good. 0-5

Manchester United are struggling at home this season. We tend to pull big performances out of the bag against the big clubs and I don''t think United have it in them to punish us the way Chelsea and Arsenal did earlier in the season. I''m going 0-0

Chelsea will be pushing for the title. Even if they aren''t I think they are just too good at home for us. 0-3

Arsenal travelling to Carrow Road on the last day of the season with nothing to play for. They are on the beach, but we can''t finish them off. 0-0

Most people don''t want to put their heads above the parapet GMD and actually predict, as it provides their `opponents'' a ready-made stick with which to beat them.

As I habitually get things wrong, it really doesn''t matter a monkey''s tup to me. [;)]

Im not interested in holding anyone to account for their predictions, as they probably arent going to be right. Im not and never have been interested in ''I told you so''. I would just like people to rationalise their forecasts of whether we will go up or down in the context of where they think we will or wont get points, rather than making it about faith or vilifying. Thank you to those who''ve been willing to offer an opinion

To get to 38 points, and probable safety, we need 9 points from 8 games.In any 8 game "run" this season, we have managed to get 9 points (or more) twice - we got 11 from 8 games in Nov/Dec and 9 points from 8 games Jan/Feb.By contrast in our last 8 games we have amassed just 6 points.So basically we have to play as good, or if not better than we have in any 8 game run this season to get those points.Trouble is we have to play Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal so in reality we proabably need to get the 9 points required from the next 4 games and as things stand, our season long form, and more importantly, our current form, says we won''t.It''s a big ask to get 9 points from the next 4 games when on our very best run we''ve only got 11 points from 8 games.We cannot afford any slip ups - no missed goal chances and no dozy defending in the next 360 minutes of football or that will mean having to get something from the last 4 games and that might just be a step too far.It''s not impossible but it''s going to need a massive improvement on our current form and I don''t see any signs of things getting better.

Amazed so many people seem to believe we''re going to pick up points at the likes of Swansea, Fulham, and Man Utd! We are an utter shambles away from Carrow road. The manager has stated many times since he''s been in charge that any point we pick up away from home is a bonus, or in other words ''expect to lose''. His attitude has clearly rubbed off on the players which is why they are mentally all but defeated before a ball has been kicked and fall apart so willingly when under pressure away from home. We have had ONE convincing 90 minute away peformance all season, at Stoke. Our last 6 away games have yielded 6 straight defeats to the likes of the mighty Cardiff, Villa, West Ham and Fulham! There is zero sign of improvement yet many seem to believe we''re miraculously going to turn things around and start picking up points on the road. I find that incredibly hard to believe. We probably need around 7 points for survival. They will almost certainly need to come from our remaining homes fixtures because under Hughton''s guide these players have next to no chance of picking up another point on the road between now and the end of the season.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Surprised at how few people are willing to have a punt on likely outcomes for our run in. People seem to have very strong views on whether we will stay up or down, but arent willing to speculate on how that might happen. Obviously noone knows how many points we will need, but I would have thought people would be happy to make some predictions as to how many points we would acquire and in which games, especially as plenty on here seem to like a gamble. If you feel the team is doomed, demonstrate why. If you feel the team will win lots of points, predict in which games. Both views are strong, surprisingly few people willing to illustrate either...[/quote]

You''d be surprised what people are unwilling to do. On a couple of recent threads where predictions were made I asked for help in predicting outcomes on the Rays Funds threads. None of the people on those threads would come and make a prediction to help raise money for the CSF.

Sunderland Win

Swansea Draw

WBA Win

Fulham Draw

Liverpool Lose

Man Utd Lose

Chelsea Lose

Arsenal Win

11 points taking us to 40 and job''s a good un.

See you on Rays Funds Weds evening[Y]

Our scores first:

Sunderland - 1-3

Swansea - 0-4

West Brom - 1-1

Fulham - 0-5

Liverpool - 0-6

Man Utd - 0-4

Chelsea - 0-4

Arsenal - 1-6

That''s 1 point, 3 goals and 33 against.

That should make us just about the worst team in premier league history barring Derby. And that Sunderland team.

And I bet they still dort sack him buh!!