Sign in to follow this  
Peter

It will all end in tears

Sorry to pour cold water on our late season surge, but it will all end in tears and we will be relegated along with Saints and Palace, why because of the old boys act.

Blackburn will lose tonight be certain at Albion, Fergie will throw it at Old Trafford and Albion will beat Pompey because it will mean Saints are down.  But if Hughes is true to his words read today''s paper they might just turn up and can Fergie afford a poor result aagainst Albion?

Palace to beat Saints but unlikely to get wins at Newcastle Charlton.

Saints will beat City because its written in the stars and lose to Palace and United Brum will do likewise and Fulham will be academic.

Away victories for any of bottom 4 only 3 for all in season without assistance.

Make some money out of our plight and rejoice if you lose your dosh, thats what I intend to do Albion to beat Blackburn, Saints to beat City.

Prepare youselves for the worst.

Blimey you''re a cheery chap!  Sorry, utter rubbish IMO.  Why would Hughes throw the game tonight? Can you imagine the reaction of the Blackburn fans and also trying to convince the players?  Also, would Fergie risk the wrath of the Man Utd fans (again this season) by letting his old mate win?  Finally, if we win on Saturday there is a good chance Southampton will already be down by the final day therefore Pompey won''t need to throw the game.  Oh, and each Prem place is worth 500K.  Quite a lot to Pompey

You should get the positive poster of the year award for that one!! Such optomism, such faith, such belief I don''t know where you get it from??

It must be from that squad of players who are slogging their guts out and currently doing the business or maybe from those thousands and thousands of city fans who turn up every week in the faith that we will stay up.....

I don''t know the answer alludes me!!

Sorry about my negativity but I have found from bitter experience if anything can kick me in the teeth it will, you keep the faith and let me be the miserable one.  I hope I lose a whole pot of dosh between now and end of season, end up out of pocket and mildly excited.   

Peter - you make Marvin the paranoid android, from the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy look positively bullish!  Did you audition for the role?  Tsk, silly question. ''course you didnt, yopu didnt think you would get it despite being a shoe in

OTBC  

peter, rather than rambling about depressing stuff, how about we let norwich''s football do the talking!

Sadly I think it''s Palace who''ll be staying up. They have by far the easier fixtures to play (Newcastle bottom of the form table, and Charlton on another end of season slump), better goal difference, better away form and a cheater.

To rectify my previous post, check out the form table for yourself: http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=enCompLanding

[quote]Sadly I think it''s Palace who''ll be staying up. They have by far the easier fixtures to play (Newcastle bottom of the form table, and Charlton on another end of season slump), better goal difference, ...[/quote]

Yeah  whatever!!!

We beat Man U, after how many losses??

What form book saw that one coming!!??!!

For those doubting how tough our run in is has anyone else noticed that over 4 games all of our last 7 opponents are in the bottom seven places in the current form table while more importantly 6 of the teams (excl Manure) are the bottom 6 teams.

No there are not any easy games in the prem league but there has never been a bettertime to play these teams...

KICK IT OFF - oh, its still only TUESDAY!

OTBC

[quote]Sorry to pour cold water on our late season surge, but it will all end in tears and we will be relegated along with Saints and Palace, why because of the old boys act. Blackburn will lose tonight be ...[/quote]

Get this bloke off of here !!

Forget West Brom, forget Crystal Palace and forget Southampton...

We win our remaining three games, we stay up...It''s that simple.

There''s no reason why we can''t do it, so instead of putting energy in to negative posts, save it for the weekend and support our team, and play a part in keeping us in the Premier League.

It may do but I doubt you''ll be seeing anyone doing any favours. All clubs will be looking to finish as high as they can as each place is worth an extra £500K in the coffers.

[quote]Yeah he''s right. We''re probably going to go down. Let''s sack Worthy before it''s mathmatical.[/quote]

SACK WORTHY? SACK WORTHY? He is the man who has got us here. He is the man who has givin the players the fighting spirt they needed to win those matches! Who can you critise ANYBODY to do with N.C.F.C they way the are playing now?????

[quote]Forget West Brom, forget Crystal Palace and forget Southampton... We win our remaining three games, we stay up...It''s that simple. There''s no reason why we can''t do it, so instead of putting energy ...[/quote]

Sorry to be pedantic Campbell but it isn''t that simple.  We could win our 3 remaining games and still go down.  If Palace win all there games too they will stay up on goal difference.  We still need results to go in our favour

[quote]Sorry to be pedantic Campbell but it isn''t that simple. We could win our 3 remaining games and still go down. If Palace win all there games too they will stay up on goal difference. We still need r...[/quote]

Sorry to be even more pedantic, but we still could stay up if Palace win all their games; we''d just have to outscore them by 3 goals per game and concede less!

I''m saying to you that if we win all of our games we will stay up, purely because the teams down with us will not match that set of results.

If you believe any of the teams around us will win all of their games, then that''s your prerogative to think that...

We shall see!

We win all of ours and we have 39 points

Fulham have 35 points. They will need a win and a draw to catch us

Nothing from us as we''ve already won. Nowt from Everton either

So a win and a draw for them against Newcastle and Blackburn to stay up. That assumes that us and Everton don''t put three or more past them each.

There''s more to this than appears. Even Pompey losing the next two games would know we could catch them were we to win the next two.

Fanciful stuff I know but no more fanciful than someone telling a few weeks back that we would get ten points from the next four games.

Finally lets ditch those bl**dy green away shirts. Whose stupid idea was it to camouflage our players.

We are City, we are the Canaries

Lets break the away hoodoo in our true colours - YELLOW AND GREEN !

[quote]We win all of ours and we have 39 points Fulham have 35 points. They will need a win and a draw to catch us Nothing from us as we''ve already won. Nowt from Everton either So a win and a draw for th...[/quote]

But that assumes we win all three games, while possible its very unlikely given our inability to score let alone win away from home....  Even 7 points from the next 3 games will be a big improvement on our general season and will mean 17 points from 21, champions league form.

Points WILL be dropped by all the bottom 4 between now and the end of the season and now there are 3 teams on 30 points its a straight 3 game play off - most points from those games sees you safe.  6 points, 2 wins, will be enough - can we be the team to scrape them?

As big as sats game is we are still in it even if we lose - so not too much dispair if we do get beat come 5 on sat.

Is it only weds?

OTBC

[quote]Sorry to pour cold water on our late season surge, but it will all end in tears and we will be relegated along with Saints and Palace, why because of the old boys act. Blackburn will lose tonight be ...[/quote]

Peter,

Sorry,but you talking a load of rubbish, Blackburn didnt just turn up at WBA tonight they fought hard and got a point.

Hope you''ve changed your mind now and are feeling a bit more positive.

Sorry Peter the Pessimist - you were completely wrong on your first prediction: WBA did not beat Blackburn, indeed they were quite lucky to draw given that Rovers hit the woodwork and had a hatful of chances. 

You are also rather misguided on your other predictions - in particular the idea that an under fire Fergie/Man U would throw their last home league game of the season is surely laughable; more than that, they are still trying for 2nd place - so will try if for no other reason than Champions League qualification and a large amount of prize money!

It is true that there have only been 3 away wins in the whole of the bottom 4, and this may well continue - if so, it is quite feasible that we would stay up on 35pts with 2 away draws and a home win from our last 3 games.

Personally I think it will be ourselves and Palace fighting for 17th place.  This season''s points against Palace 2, against West Brom 4, against Soton 3 so far ( hopefully 6 after Saturday). 

Newcastle fans will be desperate to restore some pride at home, and hopefully will just beat Palace.  A draw between Palace and Soton would suit Norwich.  West Brom will do well to get anything from the Arsenal and Man Utd fixtures. 

That just leaves us to get a result at Soton, continue our recent home form against Birmingham, and then face Fulham away with either 34 or 36 points.  Palace would have 31, West Brom 30, and Soton 29, so a draw against Fulham would be enough to stay up.