Sign in to follow this  
Les

Managerial alternatives.

Looks  as though Nigel Clough is dropping a hint to the board,currently has his team playing in yellow and green.Bring it on.

I know great players don''t necessarily make great managers, but the ones with clever footballing brains generally do alright. I''ve got a feeling Dennis Bergkamp will become a good manager, and if as expected there''s a change in the summer then I would not be disappointed to see him here (though it sounds like Swansea are sniffing around for his services).

Howard Wilkinson''s available and so is David O''Leary.  Tony Adams might be kicking about somewhere.  Terry O''Connor might be worth a look too.

I''ve compiled a list of some potential alternatives that would likely perform better than Chris Hughton at the job right now:- A fan a week selected to be "manager for the day" in a prize draw- The shift manager at your local McDonalds store- A duck- A compost heap- A bent coat hanger- Glenn Roeder...ok now I''ve gone too far.

Agree with Alex - would take a chance on Bergkamp. Consummate pofessional - would inspire, and want to play the game the right way.

I know Bergkamp is 5hit scared of flying but can anyone remember if he used to play games around Europe for Arsenal etc or did he miss out on the away ties? He certainly had no problem making his way to Norwich from Milan 20 odd years ago

[quote user="Alex "]I know Bergkamp is 5hit scared of flying but can anyone remember if he used to play games around Europe for Arsenal etc or did he miss out on the away ties? He certainly had no problem making his way to Norwich from Milan 20 odd years ago[/quote]

bergkamp mainly used to play the more important away games for them. Remember once there was a tv game on asunday and the commentator said he was leaving by car the next day for somwhere in tbe eastern bloc. I also think tbat his fear arose later in his career possibly whilst with holland.