Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Message to the best fans from probably the worst

I have read with interest posts from City''s best supporters and the approbrium heaped on thos so called supporters who leave early, I am probably the worst offender as such don''t deserve a season ticket.

My record recently has been abyssmal in leaving games early.

Charlton left on 80 minutes, Newcastle 70 mins, West Brom 75 mins, Bolton 85 mins is it any coincidence I missed the winning goal in each of the above games.  However also others where we have lost e.g. Tottenham 75 mins just after they scored.

In my defence I just get so depressed if we are not winning or even if we are winning I don''t want to witness an equaliser which is inevitable see Newcastle above.  Others were being drawn and to be honest couldn''t see us winning.  I did stay for the Saints win but felt strangely subdued even after winning.

Other games Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Man C didn''t even bother to go, watched the inevitable defeat on TV, but let club sell on my season ticket to a more deserving fan.

But again in my support I have paid my money, subscribed to shares and buy merchandise.  You will be glad to hear I will not be renewing my season ticket primarily because I find it painful to watch, I shall continue to give moral and financial support whichever Division we find ourselves in next season but alas will not be attending Carrow Rd.

Apologies to all you true supporters.

PS when I leave early I am on my own.

I wouldn''t say your a bad fan.  Is there such a thing as a bad Norwich fan!?  However, I do think you''re a little foolish.  If you leave on 75, 80 minutes etc you''ll probably miss on average a game a season!  Also, IMO there is no greater feeling in football than celebrating a last minute winning goal!  It''s amazing.  I''d have said that it''s worth putting up with the games we lose at the final whistle to have the joy and ecstasy of the games we win

Sorry, just my opinion 

I may leave early but I don''t move until there is a break in play, never before Half time and never raise my voice to annoy my fellow mutes in the N&P, I just sit quietly chewing my fingernails not really enjoying it.  There is also a loudmouth at the top of Area P Upper Tier who really deserves a kicking.  In my younger days the bustle of the Barclay used to appeal, but in my dotage it must be the quiet life.

Well said Peter, fair enough you paid your money so you can do as you like.

P.S. Could you just continue your usual custom until the end of the season, we need all the help going

[quote]I wouldn''t say your a bad fan. Is there such a thing as a bad Norwich fan!? However, I do think you''re a little foolish. If you leave on 75, 80 minutes etc you''ll probably miss on average a game a ...[/quote]

have to say i agree with you DD, i missed saturday as meeky went instead of me!!  but newcastle was great - there have of course been many other occasions when we have pulled off a last minute win - i have never left a game early, well only one reserve one!!

even if we are crap on the day i still cheer them on, might curse a bit about substitutions etc or the ref!!

best recent memory being the reserve game last season the night we gained promotion!!!

next best, our escape at fulham (hopefully) 

[quote]I may leave early but I don''t move until there is a break in play, never before Half time and never raise my voice to annoy my fellow mutes in the N&P, I just sit quietly chewing my fingernails no...[/quote]

i think i know who your on about. Luckily i sit in the lower part of the upper tier!

Peter, "you pay your money, you takes your choice" - you should not feel guilty about leaving at any time! I can''t stand sanctimonious plonkers who try to tell everyone how they must behave at FCR, just because they act in a particular way. How arrogant and ignorant is that???!!! I can fully understand why you leave, as well; like you I get so down when it looks as if it''s going to end in tears! However, my blood pressure allows me another few minutes, and it''s paid dividends at times! 

[quote]I have read with interest posts from City''s best supporters and the approbrium heaped on thos so called supporters who leave early, I am probably the worst offender as such don''t deserve a season tick...[/quote]

Quite honestly I can''t believe what I''m reading here - what an absolute load of old tosh.

Peter you are in need of serious help. I suggest you try going to the Samaritans instead on a Saturday afternoon - I''m sure you''ll find it much more beneficial

For Gods sake man, what is the point of going to watch these games with an attitude like yours - get a grip

Re your PS - well I''m not surprised

What are you guys talking about. He should feel guilty. Whether he pays his money or not - how do the players feel when they see people leaving before the end? They''re currently giving 120% right to the final whistle to keep us in the Premiership, so should the fans

At least you pay for your ticket unlike people i have seen sneaking there way in ripping off the football club. But may I ask a question. Why exactly do you leave early? Is it because you don''t like seeing Norwich loose???

Wild horses couldn''t drag me away early, but thats because I don''t get to many games, I get there about an hour early just to see the warm-up and the more time I spend in fellow Norwich fans'' company the better I feel, (Not many here in Somerset!!).  But even when I lived in Norwich I wouldn''t leave early, I can''t understand it at all.

Well I must be worse... if it makes you feel better... you seam pretty down.

I live in Belgium and only get to see maybe one game a year and none this season!!!! The ones I get to see, thanks dad, I must say I stay till the end, win loose or what ever....

But you pay your season ticket so your contributing to NCFC... so you should be proud... and before you give up that season ticket... well think again..... AND DON''T GO HOME EARLY ANYMORE.... 

On the ball CITY........

[quote]Well I must be worse... if it makes you feel better... you seam pretty down. I live in Belgium and only get to see maybe one game a year and none this season!!!! The ones I get to see, thanks dad, I ...[/quote]

Maybe he''d be better off watching Test Cricket then he could leave 4 and a half days before the end. Or better still, Snooker and leave 16 days before the end  - Oh what joy !!!!

Honestly though. I couldn''t believe the original post but to be quite honest some of the sympathetic (or should that be pathetic) replies are even worse

What is going on here ?

Sounds to me like maybe football isn''t really your cup of tea win, lose or draw!

No offence though - I know plenty of people who can''t stand the sport...