Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Why have the board not done anything?

I cannot understand why there has been no reaction from the directors on many issues this season .

We have had the hoolahan situation , becchio has been treated worse than a dog , and the moral amongst the team appears to be at rock bottom . If this was a work situation , it would not be allowed to continue , the moral has possibly be affected by wes being negative in the build up to games and becchio being p----d off at being ignored, along with the very poor wolf and hooper being hit and miss it can''t be good . It can only be allowed to happen here as we are a nice friendly club .

It''s because he''s a nice man and Delia often has him round for dinner.

Now that the money isn''t owed, she couldn''t care less about the club or it''s future. In fact Hoots is about to sign a contract extension that makes Pardew''s look like a Xmas temps.

Or it could be that he''s still meeting his brief.

Who knows? Have you tried giving them a ring or dropping them an email to ask?

Presumably because they still think keeping CH is the most likely way to stay in the Prem. It''s a clear call. I personally fear it''s a wrong call, but it seems clear enough.

[quote user="yellow old boy"]I cannot understand why there has been no reaction from the directors on many issues this season .

We have had the hoolahan situation , becchio has been treated worse than a dog , and the moral amongst the team appears to be at rock bottom . If this was a work situation , it would not be allowed to continue , the moral has possibly be affected by wes being negative in the build up to games and becchio being p----d off at being ignored, along with the very poor wolf and hooper being hit and miss it can''t be good . It can only be allowed to happen here as we are a nice friendly club .[/quote]
Obviously is a very over used word these days.  Often dropped in sentences when it''s not bleeding obvious at all.  But on this occasion it''s fairly obvious the majority of the board thinks he''ll keep us in the EPL.  It that simple really.
Whether we agree with it or not is a different argument.

They are like a batsman half way down the wicket and do not know whether to go back or forwards. When that happens you get run out and i suspect that may well happen to us now

Becchio is not good enough.

But he''s not been allowed to leave because every club wants four senior strikers. Even Chelsea have four and many say they have no proper strikers. The only teams I can think of that don''t are WBA because Anelka has left and Arsenal because they decided to spend £42 million on a position they already had a dozen players for, rather than one they only have Giroud and Bendtner.

Becchio hasn''t been treated worse than a dog, he''s getting paid. He''s training. He''s playing, poorly, for the U21s. He''s quite simply just not right, and not good enough for the first team.

As has been pointed out by other posters on this thread it is patently clear that the Board are sticking with their man, we, the fans will judge them on that decision. I think the post from Ginge re Becchio is absolutely spot on. Personally I believe that Chris Hughton should have been replaced at the end of 2013, i fear not replacing him will cost us our Premiership status, I will be delighted if I am wrong. I still believe that even if we survive it is time for Chris Hughton to be replaced as I am not confident that we will progress under his stewardship. Whatever happens I will be trundling down to Carrow Rd and the occassional away game.........