Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 31

Well I''ve managed to find the pink un mobile site to post this. Hope others manage to access it. Ray always did say this was a quaint little site!!

Greetings PUPs and welcome to

week 31 of our Rays Funds season. This week we have Norfolkchance 1 in charge

and making the final selections. Norfolk''s  has been with us from the start and I

think I’ve told you PUPs before that Ray’s on-going signature was his idea. One

of our most consistent PUPs Norfolk has also won twice before when making the

final selections. Last season’s win of £67.57 was the biggest of the season and

also a landmark in that it took our all-time winnings to £2000. So it’s rather

fitting to have him the hot seat this weekre a win would take the all-time

winnings to £2,500.

Of course you PUPs will have

to provide the ammunition for Craig to shoot down the bookies. So let’s give

him our very best selections from the games listed on Bet365 or Bill Hill and

played Sat/Sun/Mon this weekend.

Now thanks to a brilliant suggestion from Kathy and a little help from Mr.

Angry we’ve managed to get Til1010 in charge of the Norwich match bet this

weekend. If you PUPs leave your suggestions with a little message I’ll print

them off and take them to the hospital and leave them with him on Friday. Tilly

can then make his choices from those or his own and let me know in time to

place the bet. I went to see the old boy again yesterday and am happy to report

he’s on the mend and moaning like a good ‘un. His expected return home is after

the weekend when he will resume internet access so make the most of the last

week PUPs…

Of course I’m joking, we’re all pleased he’s on the mend and hopefully

back supporting us all on this thread next week.

The revised rota for the Norwich match bet is : -

22/03/14 Mr Angry

29/03/14 Twidio

05/04/14 Diesel Doris

Hope these revised dates are ok.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Craig ... the thread is

yours.......[:)]...........

As always I leave you with

Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with

pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,2,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,2, Cosmic Twin,2, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo, NWC, Hughesy.

Gregt yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £387 for the Community

Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match

bet. Splutcho, jb, Javier’s Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,

Can u sit down please, yes PUPs £63 for the CSF making a total of £2488 raised

in total so far.

To the Third Division for me this week

Top of the table Wolves at home to 2nd bottom Shrewsbury - Home Win

Good to hear that Tilly''s on the mend. Let''s be optimistic...for the NCFC bet HT Draw/FT Draw

Best of luck Norfolkchance, Tilly and all you PUPs.

More to the point, hopefully this will post okay!!!

Seems to be quite a few top end versus bottom end matches at decent odds this weekend but I''m going for a home win for Fenerbahce (they''re Canaries too) against Erciyesspor.

Good luck to all PUPs and here''s hoping for a hat trick for Norfolkchance.

Yankee Canary sent me an email with his selection which is : -

Fenerbahce to beat Erclyespor

And he of course extends his best wishes to all.

I''ll go with wolves to win at home against Shrewsbury please.

And the Norwich bet- under 2.5 goals.

Good luck to all!

Jb

Real Madrid at 1/4 should have more than enough to beat Malaga, especially as they''ll be putting out a strong team with their midweek Champions League tie effectively a dead rubber. They''ll be absolutely desperate to maintain their title advantage.Match bet – under 2.5 goals seems a good shout, I''ll second that.

Thanks for the build up Nutty, There have been some outstanding results on this thread this season, Ive never known us win so many times which is testament to the selections that everyone puts forward. I always remember when this thread started with Ray it took ages before our first win and we kept going until we got one, then another one came and so on. For the thread to be still going several years later is outstanding and we must thank Nutty for that.

Should be putting selections on tomorrow tea time (site willing) i think ive got your email address somewhere Nutty if site isnt working.

Good luck!

I think QPR will come out of an iffy spell and have too much for Yeovil. Good luck Norfolk.

For our game I can see Ricky Lambert rediscovering his shooting boots unfortunately. Good luck John. Glad you are feeling better. You had us worried. Get this right and you have free reign to bang on about it for as long as you like (I think).

Championship, where runaway leaders Leicester should have too much about them for lowly Blackpool.Leicester v Blackpool.......Home win.Good luck nc1. [Y]

For the City game, Hooper to score and City to Win.Good luck Tilly (just wish we were playing Palace on Sat)  [;)]

Back to Austria, with Salzburg to beat Wolfsberger AC.Salzburg are comfortably top, and are 11/2/0 at home. Wolfsberger are mid table, 4/2/7 away.Salzburg have won all six games since the mid-season break, and are scoring plenty of goals in the process.Only two bits to watch out for are that they are in Europe league action either side of this game, they rested players in a recent league game as a result. Also this game finished 2-2 earlier in the season. But Salzburg''s recent form suggests they should win.Best of luck all.NCFC Bet? - Lambert 3-1.

Going to the lovely Czech Republic and.....

SPARTA PRAGUE to get a nice away win at Pribram.

Sparta are romping away at the top, while Pribram are decidedly average.

Good luck all[Y]

Spain this week

Atletico Madrid (11-3-0 43-9 home) v Espanyol (3-4-6 13-17 away) - Home Win

And with best wishes for a speedy recovery for Tilly, RVW to score anytime for the match bet.

Good luck everybody

League One again for me this week and a night fixture of top vs second bottom with Wolves vs Shrewsbury HOME WIN.

Glad to hear Til is on the mend, for the Norwich bet I''d suggest Hooper or Redmond to score any time. Redmond is definitely owed goal sometime soon!

Best of luck everyone

Northern Ireland premiership for me. Top of the table Linfield with a home record of W10 D4 L1 F40 A17 should be too strong for mid-table Dungannon Swifts who have an away record of W6 D3 L7 F27 A30.

Linfield              v               Dungannon Swifts                Home Win

For the Norwich bet I''m going to go with Johnny Howson to score anytime at 15/2. Howson has scored both his goals this season away from home. And of course he got that cracker away at Man Citeh last season.

Will take your suggestions to Tilly tomorrow. Saw him again this afternoon and he''s coming along leaps and bounds but they won''t let him out yet. He is loads better now.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Northern Ireland premiership for me. Top of the table Linfield with a home record of W10 D4 L1 F40 A17 should be too strong for mid-table Dungannon Swifts who have an away record of W6 D3 L7 F27 A30.

Linfield              v               Dungannon Swifts                Home Win

For the Norwich bet I''m going to go with Johnny Howson to score anytime at 15/2. Howson has scored both his goals this season away from home. And of course he got that cracker away at Man Citeh last season.

Will take your suggestions to Tilly tomorrow. Saw him again this afternoon and he''s coming along leaps and bounds but they won''t let him out yet. He is loads better now.

[/quote]Snodgrass at 16-1 to be the first goalscorer looks a decent bet. Best wishes to Tilly for his recovery.

Wolves for me too.

Great news about Tilly. I won''t pretend that John and I have always seen eye to eye, but to see the old boy in that state was shocking. Looking forward to buying him a pint.

After getting through in the CL without too much trouble I expect Barca to try and establish some normality in the league and they host Osasuna who are 14th and only 3 points ahead of the relegation zone.
Barcelona vs Osasuna- Home win.
And for the Norwich bet, I quite like the look of Norwich to win to nil its 17/2 on Bet365. Good luck to Tilly, both with the Norwich bet this week and in his recovery!
Good luck :)

Having read the good news about Tilly, my thought pattern must have been; old guy missing Norwich City.... so my prediction this week is for our old mate Worthy who is doing a fantastic job down in league 2 with York and with a home game against an average Wycombe Wonderers at even money it''s value too.

As for Tilly himself and the Norwich bet how lightening striking twice City to win 1-0 and Redmond to score.

Good luck to all

A rare foray to the Belgium league for me this week please, Waasland Beveren v Standard Liege AWAY win please. Standard Liege sitting pretty at the top, Waasland Beveren third from bottom.

For the Norwich bet, I echo those who think Redmond is due a goal, I fancy the twinkle toed winger might crack in a screamer. Mind you if it rebounds in off his backside I won''t complain if it contributes to a win - so, Norwich win, one nil, Redmond to score.

Good luck Norfolk and all pups, and good luck Tilly, glad to hear you''re on the mend.

Evening everyone and good luck:

MMMK - CAMBRIDGE UTD -v- Dartford HOME WIN

MM - WOLVES -v- Shrewsbury Town HOME WIN

Best Wishes to John and how about a Redmond goal for our Norwich bet??

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

My nap this week takes me to Spain, where I fully expect Barcelona at home, to get their league season back on track. Anothet defeat to lowly opposition or indeed another lacklustre display, just will not be tolerated. So -

Barcelona vs Osasuna - HOME WIN

Great to hear the improvements Tilly is making with his recovery. You gave us a scare, so god knows what you did to your family?

Ever the optimist. Southampton''s home form is poor. We have done well against the Saints since they came up and it seems to be the one game where we actually get some decent luck. I think this will continue and we will record our 3rd away win of the season.

Norwich to win 2-1

Redmond to score anytime

ht draw / ft Norwich

Ive looked through all the selections and have toyed with different options and have moved some in and out of my final list. But Ive eventually come up with these as my final picks:

Wolves to beat Shrewsbury

Leicester to beat Blackpool

QPR to beat Yeovil

Salzburg to beat Wolfsberger

Athletico Madrid to beat Espanyol

Rotherham to beat Walsall (my pick)

Thankyou to everybody who made choices and gave me stats and reasons hopefully we can win!

For the Norwich bet I wouldnt be surprised if we win with Wes Hoolahan to score anytime maybe. Good luck Tilly, and hope your feeling better.

Good luck everyone!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Snodgrass at 16-1 to be the first goalscorer looks a decent bet. Best wishes to Tilly for his recovery.[/quote]For the main bet to the German Oberliga, Schleswig-Holstein Division.Lubeck to win at home against Husumer SV.Lubeck with a 10-1-0 and 41/7 home record. Husumer with a 1-4-8 and 18/43 away record.Good luck to all!