Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Home form

Unbeaten in 2014 - including the cup. 

Something to show we are not down and out and are still picking up points there - and two out of those six unbeaten games were outstanding in their performance levels  (ManCity and Spurs, in case you need telling).   

I''m as frustrated as anyone about away results and the performance on Saturday, but lets get a grip. At home we are a tough team to beat. Long may that continue.

Past form is no sure pointer to future results but the only league goal we''ve conceded since December was the Stoke penalty. So I do agree that if it''s not bellendary to cite our away form and expect anything on our travels then it''s not bellendary to cite our home form and predict a decent return from the remaining fixtures.

We''re halfway through March FFS. This is hardly an achievement. Yes our home form is good but it''s hardly FCR is it?

We''ve drawn games we should have won and unless we get at least 6 points from our last 4 home games then we are screwed.

What is FFS??? Is it like FCC?? Or FOYBE?

How many points do you think we''ll get from our home games. The previous 4, which included Spurs and Man City we got 8. Do you think we could use that as a guide to help guess? Of course past results are no sure way of predicting the future. Home or away.

Overdue I think Warren. But it''s not all doom and gloom because we are due a win away the following weekend[Y]

It doesn''t work like that Nigel, as well you know.

It only works in a negative direction. We''re certainties for the drop, you know, 30 games into the season and only been in the drop zone once and fifth favourites with the bookmakers.

But, other teams have games in hand, which, because they''re below us they''ll suddenly win ALL of. In fact you might as well tear the form book up from the first 30 games because those sides below us have suddenly improved and are now better than us.

This will be amply demonstrated Saturday when Sunderland thump us.

Houghton is going to ride a unicycle round the centre circle at half time though and DON''T SMELL HIS FLOWER!!!

Whilst I find most of your posts nonsense LDC - this is one i''ll agree with.
For what has been for the most part a pretty dire season, our home form has been relatively consistent. And if there is one positive to take going into the final games - it''s that we have enough matches left at home to get the required points to stay up. Hopefully that happens.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Last 8 at home read:

W 2 D 4 L 2 F 5 A 3 PTS 10/24. Brilliant form.[/quote]
Yeah i don''t think it can ever be looked at as inspiring but if we''re going to make a fight of staying up it will be our home matches we do it in.

Yup CUSDP, no excuses - we''re more than capable of winning against Sunderland and West Brom at home and it''s up to the management and players to ensure that happens. Anything less and it really will start looking dim...

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Last 8 at home read:

Unlike you to find a negative....

Last 10 at home read

W4 D4 L2 F9 A4 Pts 16/30 Not Champions League form by any means but I wonder why you stopped your countback at 8? Surely not because we won the two before?

W5 D6 L4 F13 A12

That''s the true reflection. 21 points from 45, that''s this season without dressing it up to fit an agenda.

At home we are a tough team to beat. Long may that continue.

Let''s hope home form is enough to keep us up. OTBC

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="can u sit down please"]Last 8 at home read:

Unlike you to find a negative....

Last 10 at home read

W4 D4 L2 F9 A4 Pts 16/30 Not Champions League form by any means but I wonder why you stopped your countback at 8? Surely not because we won the two before?

W5 D6 L4 F13 A12

That''s the true reflection. 21 points from 45, that''s this season without dressing it up to fit an agenda.[/quote][:D]

Its clear our home form is the only thread of hope to cling to which is why the next two are so key.   We are on a (relatively, for this season) good run of  5 league games unbeaten and need to try and continue that to the end of the season.   Hard to see happening but not impossible.  

A win is needed on sat,  which is definitely acheivable with the right team and approach.

It is cliche time,   squeeky bottom,  time for heros,  for boys to become men,  any outfield player to show some leadership,  and one game at a time right now I''m afraid

Unbeaten in 2014 - including the cup.

Something to show we are not down and out and are still picking up points there.....

At home we are a tough team to beat. Long may that continue.

We have WON five games at home all season. It''s not about being hard to beat, it''s about winning games to get three points, that''s what IS required. ONE point will not be good enough Saturday, simples!

You really need to look at reality. And get used to the idea, Hughton is on his way out of this club.

"Le Juge is irrelevant" - Lake District Canary, February 2014

[quote user="City 2nd"]

We have WON five games at home all season. It''s not about being hard to beat, it''s about winning games to get three points, that''s what IS required. ONE point will not be good enough Saturday, simples!

You really need to look at reality. And get used to the idea, Hughton is on his way out of this club[/quote]

I''ll agree with you that we need wins.  If we get them and stay up then I think reality may be different to what you think

Sorry LDC, I can''t see Hughton staying at the club, even if we do survive... I for one hope he gets sacked sooner rather than later. But the most important part is staying up, not moaning about the manager, I agree with that.

If we can just play as well as we did versus Stoke (not even that amazing) and cut out the silly errors, we''ll beat Sunderland.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I knew you''d pop up and point it out warren. Stats hey.....[/quote]

Just don''t understand why you want to cherry pick a sample size, surely his results are bad enough overall? As with a lot of the stuff on here, it''s not the criticism of the manager or his methods, plenty of it is justified, it''s when it''s contrived and unfair that I take issue.

If he was as bad as some are making out, there''d be no need to twist things to make them appear worse. The change you crave will come, there''s no need to attempt to further discredit the bloke with manipulated statistics....[;)]

Realistically we need 9 points from the next 4 games and as we haven''t managed to get 9 points from any 4 game sequence so far this season, I can''t see us managing to do that now.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Realistically we need 9 points from the next 4 games and as we haven''t managed to get 9 points from any 4 game sequence so far this season, I can''t see us managing to do that now.[/quote]

Here we go again with a cherry picked stat MP. I''ll put one right back at ya...

We haven''t had a five game losing sequence so based on YOUR logic we will pick up at least 2 points from the last 5 games.

But it''s pointless trading stats when all that matters is the league table.

It seems for many getting the manager sacked is more important than whether we stay up. The truth is the important thing is who you replace him with. Unless it''s still that ridiculous notion that anyone would be better...