Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Drury - left midfield

I have often thought that Drury could do a reasonable job on the left side of midfield, with Charlton slotting in at left back.  He has the fitness to get up and down the pitch, he clearly likes to get forward and is a decent crosser of the ball.  He certainly couldn''t do any worse than Jonsson does when he plays on the left, and I think he has scored more goals than Jonsson.

Now I''ve read your second post foxy it all becomes clear...you''re Charlton''s agent!!

Until Worthy manages Jonson better I am sure we wont see the best of him.  He attacked more freely at the start of the year but was then reigned in after being dropped; I am convinced that Jonson follows Worthys instructions to the letter for fear of getting dropped again.  Even so I still think Jonson is a better option in midfield than Drury.  Flitting between left and right flank probably hasnt help Jonson either;  perhaps Jonson can be our right back of the future given Helveg and Eddys age?  His passing is OK for a defender and he is strong defensively on the ground in the air and he does get stuck in.  (PS someone cruelly mentioned about him only getting the POTM award because of his committment - isnt that why we love eddy, holt, mckenzie???) 

It is an entirely different role and while Jukeboxs crossing has improved in the last couple of years it still is not good enough, particularly in the prem.

Anyway the wide left role is Hux who from an attacking point of view is in a different class from both.

OTBC

Jonson is a striker, and hasnt had the best of times down the wings, if he was upfront he could do his best.

Anyhow, drury, a left back in midfield, worked for brennan, but maybe moving him around could mess him about abit, id leave him right where he is.

Hopefully huckerby will be fully fit, weve got 3 days to go yet!