Sign in to follow this  
pete

Sunderland woes

Fletcher injured against Palace. Giacherrini left out of squad for Palace no reasons given and not injured. He is Sunderlands most creative player and likely to be missing Saturday. May be positives but also had same thoughts about Stoke.

Will need to shackle Adam Johnson but his purple patch seems to be over.

Need to play 2 upfront Saturday.

I''d be tempted to start Elmander and Hooper. I think they could be the key to breaking down Sunderland. Elmander is our only hope of having a target man for our aimless clearances. We need to dominate posession and territory.

Sunderland play decent football, we can''t let them dominate possession as we''ll end up retreating and letting them walk all over us. So 5 in midfield for me.

Ruddy

Martin Yobo Bassong Ollson

Johnson Tetty

Snodgrass Howson Redmond

RVW

Get right at them from the start, high tempo, pressing very high and get that early goal!!!! For me, screw all the anti Hughton stuff at the games from now on, I want him gone as much as anyone and I doubt he''l set the team up to play as I described but these next 2 months are so important we just can''t afford to get in a slump and poisoning the atmosphere.

Although to be honest I can only see us getting a draw here

A great example of how we all see things differently......yes, lets respect each others opinions, get behind the team and regardless of what team is put out and what formation they play.

Personally I would be happier with one up front for this one........that said, I was convinced we would get a point Saturday! 

Ruddy

Bassong Yobo

Martin Olsson

Johnson

Gutierrez Hoolahan Tettey

Loza

Hooper/Rvw

Let''s go for it, instructions to the FB''s to bomb on and Loza and Hoolahan interplay to create space and opportunities and running off Hooper or RvW, if we got the ball and play in their half, they can''t score and downhill with a following wind, we will.