Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Sunderland Forum

Just browsed a Sunderland forum to see what they were saying. Thought these comments were interesting...

Thing is all Norwich need is a draw keeps us below them and, like it or not that is all the teams around us will do now. My worry that teams around us will park the bus at SOL was born out yesterday again it keeps us below them.

Maybe we have left it too late this time around and it''s all down to our truly pathetic home form, or maybe we can pull ourselves out of the clarts to do that we have to win games which will mean scoring goals again another big part of our problem at present.

Well many I know will still be pondering the Palace game but for me its gone and its only relevance now is help with team selection. In many ways the Norwich game will be easier, we are away and that suits us, I dont count the Hull games because I''m far from convinced Gus every wanted to win that one. Against Palace we again showed our weakness at breaking down packed defences, in theory we should have more space away.

Sunderland should gamble on playing two strikers

Sunderland are not the first side, and will not be the last, to come unstuck against the horrific brand of ''anti-football'' Tony Pulis has introduced at Palace. Even so Gus Poyet currently lacks the right personnel to make his beloved 4-1-4-1 system and patient possession-based gameplans work properly. In the medium term Poyet''s principles appear the key to Sunderland emerging from years of struggle but, with avoiding the relegation the immediate priority, he should surely tweak the formation and ask Fabio Borini to operate as a central striker playing off Jozy Altidore in a 4-1-3-2 formation. This configuration arguably needs to accommodate the frequently overlooked and regularly under-achieving yet undeniably gifted Italy international Emmanuele Giaccherini