Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

When will we next be at Wembley and why?

I saw it is the FA Trophy final next weekend and got me thinking, when will we next be there? It''s been about 30 years hasn''t it although we''d have been there 10 years ago if they hadn''t been rebuilding it.

I''m going for 10 years time in the playoff final.

We were last there in 2001 when we won the Mr. Clutch Cup, the last game played at the old Wembley.

Realistically, the earliest I could see us there would be May 2015 in a play-off final should we end up relegated this season and manage to put up a decent fight next season.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

We were last there in 2001 when we won the Mr. Clutch Cup, the last game played at the old Wembley.

[/quote]

Wow, that''s spooky, I''ve just read this;

A sequel to 2001''s Mike Bassett: England Manager will begin shooting later this year.

Titled Mike Bassett: Interim Manager, the comedy will see Ricky Tomlinson reprise his role as the fictional football coach as he''s brought back into the national team setup to assist German coach Jorgen Mannstein.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a558038/mike-bassett-england-manager-sequel-to-shoot-this-year.html#ixzz2wEDJQEcm
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

When?

Perhaps in the final of the Johnston Paint Trophy, or whatever, if they it at Wembley. But we''ll need a bit of luck!

With the terrible and permanent damage done by hapless and the clowns by only having us 6th bottom of the top flight, surely our only chance of a Wembley visit in the future is a charity concert like Live Aid or perhaps if we won a competition in Shoot magazine.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]Died laughing at that![:D]

I might go this sunday, just seen there''s an Ikea round the corner. Might get a flatpack bench and cardboard boxes for Hoots

[quote user="djc"]I might go this sunday, just seen there''s an Ikea round the corner. Might get a flatpack bench and cardboard boxes for Hoots[/quote]That''s very thoughtful of you but you may be too late as I think someone saw him coming out with some from that Big Yellow Storage place opp Carrow Rd.I think my next trip to Wembley will be for one of those guided tours as I''ll probably run out of years before Norwich get through the doors again.

Hoots is currently residing in the big yellow storage. Its near to his office, but the carrow road hotel wouldnt let him stay after he complained that his room overlooked the pitch and he had little interest in football.