Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

Who would be your choice?

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]It''s obvious that we will have a new manager come next season. Assuming we stay up, who would be your choice as our new manager?[/quote]

Its only obvious to people who want it to be obvious.   If we pull away from trouble it will be two seasons where we have stayed up against the odds - with a club that has one of the smallest revenues/resources in the league.  If you would punish that with sacking the manager who has achieved that then fine, but I wouldn''t.   If we are relegated then maybe it is a bit more obvious - but we''re not relegated - are we? [:^)]

I think realistically we are gonna struggle to get a well respected and successful manager (mainly as they are at clubs?) So I think in line with us being a progressive club with progressive players we need a progressive manager. So for me, whilst it is a risk and a big one you could argue I would be looking at the likes of Eddie Howe and the young successful managers in the football league. I would even consider Steve McClaren as he is a very good coach with technical ability whilst having a SLIGHTLY better man management capability. However I would look to the future and aim to bring in a young manager with good credentials and ambition.

If NCFC get relegated i would look at Neil Adams personally. If we stay up I imagine we would look at somebody from a lower-league club who has proven to be a talented manager, the likes of Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche - that kind of calibre of manager. I personally wouldn''t want a foreign manager, I feel our team has lacked a drive this year, and i partial put that down to the influx of foreign players... I feel we are a proper British family club and would like it be run in that manner. I wouldn''t be against a Malky Mackay type at the helm. I also don''t think all the foreign managers coming in at Fulham, West Brom and so have really proven to be a master stroke although I do accept Southampton and a number of the big teams have brought in good managers from overseas.

I''m not against Hughton if we stay up and we start to play like we did against Spurs. But that''s not likely and for one, I can''t say anyone past Uwe Rolsler at the moment.

Marcelo Bielsa or an emerging talented coach like Thomas Tuschel take my fancy as there is so little to like in the uk.     Southamptons appointment of pochettino shows there are talented potential coaches out there;   as a club we will be attractive to them.

I am struggling to find much to like about the mainstream options,   malky makes hughton seem positive in style of play and I would not be happy with that,  lennon has not impressed me as a manager but admit that is tainted by a personal dislike;  taking someone who has not managed before is a recipe for disaster (adams, phelan, culverhouse,  all too similar to connor / gunn).  

None have much to commend them,  and none seem better than CH. 

That leaves the likes of steve clarke,  uwe rosler or tim sherwood.    

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Biesla is the best shout i''ve heard so far. I''d like to see us go big.[/quote]
Whilst I see what you are saying, there is no point in getting a "big" manager in unless you have a big budget to match his ambitions.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Biesla is the best shout i''ve heard so far. I''d like to see us go big.[/quote]

Spot on...

now is that fools seldom differ or great minds???

We have a good budget and the chance to manage in the prem league will be attractive to many...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think provided we stayed up, we''d have a good £30m to give him.[/quote]
I think slightly less.

Respected and able managers are not easy to come by.   Imo we have one of the most respected manager''s available.   Anyone you replace him who has little or no premiership experience would be a real gamble.   My choice - as long as we stay up - is Chris Hughton.   But if that doesn''t happen and we go down it would be Glen Hoddle - someone who is also a class act and has a proven record at both levels of championship and premiership.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2014-03-18 8:09 PM:

Respected and able managers are not easy to come by. Imo we have one of the most respected manager''s available. Anyone you replace him who has little or no premiership experience would be a real gamble. My choice - as long as we stay up - is Chris Hughton. But if that doesn''t happen and we go down it would be Glen Hoddle - someone who is also a class act and has a proven record at both levels of championship and premiership.

In hat case I would rather have you!

i cant believe people are still suggesting neil adams, its laughablealmost as laughable as the suggestion that hughton should stayand lambert wont ever be coming back here whilst mcnally is in charge

one from lennon, phelan, mackay or redknapp please

at least we''d get attacking football under harry

I don''t think Harry is a laughable suggestion at all. I''d much prefer him over Chris Hughton. We are going nowhere under Hughton, only backwards.

It''s more LAUGHABLE, Morty, that many of you can''t see that.

Hughton will be gone within days of the last game of the season. Guaranteed.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]It''s obvious that we will have a new manager come next season. Assuming we stay up, who would be your choice as our new manager?[/quote]

Its only obvious to people who want it to be obvious.   If we pull away from trouble it will be two seasons where we have stayed up against the odds - with a club that has one of the smallest revenues/resources in the league.  If you would punish that with sacking the manager who has achieved that then fine, but I wouldn''t.   If we are relegated then maybe it is a bit more obvious - but we''re not relegated - are we? [:^)]

[/quote]Lakey, you mean to say you would keep Hoootan here even if we stay up?Bloke is walking the mile seriously up or down.