Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

A united front?!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I''m not one of hughtons biggest fans like you all know, but when I get in Carrow road, I support the team with every bit of energy I have. I''ve never boo''d a Norwich team or player. I''ll pass on my views on here, Facebook and Twitter but it stops the minute the game starts. There is a perception about the "outers" that we need to get behind the team. We do, but I know I''m not the only one like this and many other people that share my views are amongst some of the most vocal people inside Carrow road. The Barclay and snakepit try and get things going but it never goes beyond them. Maybe the other stands need to step up a bit in making this happen.[/quote]

Exactly, I sit lower barclay and have for many a year, snakepit generate a good level of noise and I have yet to go this year even with the level of football being dished up, anyone not getting behind the team at the start of every game.

Time for the players to react with a valiant perfromance and the manager to select and motivat a team to perfrom for the full 90, that would be woth cheering. ;-)

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I''m not one of hughtons biggest fans like you all know, but when I get in Carrow road, I support the team with every bit of energy I have. I''ve never boo''d a Norwich team or player. I''ll pass on my views on here, Facebook and Twitter but it stops the minute the game starts. There is a perception about the "outers" that we need to get behind the team. We do, but I know I''m not the only one like this and many other people that share my views are amongst some of the most vocal people inside Carrow road. The Barclay and snakepit try and get things going but it never goes beyond them. Maybe the other stands need to step up a bit in making this happen.[/quote]

Exactly, I sit lower barclay and have for many a year, snakepit generate a good level of noise and I have yet to go this year even with the level of football being dished up, anyone not getting behind the team at the start of every game.

Time for the players to react with a valiant perfromance and the manager to select and motivat a team to perfrom for the full 90, that would be woth cheering. ;-)

[/quote]You still don''t get it, do you?Regardless of what you think of the manager, the players, the selection, how nervous we look, how many shots we miss, we have to give positive support.We are all too aware of the situation we find ourselves in, nothing less than 100% from the fans will do on Saturday, regardless of where your loyalties lie.

[quote user="Indy"]

Get what Warren, human nature, the fans who have been to FCR for years and if not happy decide to vent their anger? Just because we don''t agree we can''t change that.

I don''t agree with Hughton asking for something which is there, no one goes to FCR with the intent to boo the manager or players, but the fact that Hughton has not reached the majority of the fans expectations this seaosn the frustration will be there to see. Had hughton got three points against Stoke and a point at either Southampton or Villa then we would not be debating this!

We all know we are in last chance alley but that''s not the fans fault, that''s at the hands of ther players and manager. We will still be here long after he''s gone!

[/quote]

But by your own admission, it hasn''t been there all the time and sorry, but recently there has been plenty of intent to boo players, Johan Elmander in particular, and the manager.

Like I said, I get the frustration, I''m frustrated too but the reaction to substitutions, the booing of players and the hero worship of others is detrimental. Hughton isn''t asking people to change their minds about him, he''s asking them to back the TEAM. What''s the alternative? If we back the lads for the full 90, that''s all we can do, if we audibly don''t back them, that helps the opposition? Not much of a choice in my eyes.

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Indy"]

Get what Warren, human nature, the fans who have been to FCR for years and if not happy decide to vent their anger? Just because we don''t agree we can''t change that.

I don''t agree with Hughton asking for something which is there, no one goes to FCR with the intent to boo the manager or players, but the fact that Hughton has not reached the majority of the fans expectations this seaosn the frustration will be there to see. Had hughton got three points against Stoke and a point at either Southampton or Villa then we would not be debating this!

We all know we are in last chance alley but that''s not the fans fault, that''s at the hands of ther players and manager. We will still be here long after he''s gone!

[/quote]

But by your own admission, it hasn''t been there all the time and sorry, but recently there has been plenty of intent to boo players, Johan Elmander in particular, and the manager.

Like I said, I get the frustration, I''m frustrated too but the reaction to substitutions, the booing of players and the hero worship of others is detrimental. Hughton isn''t asking people to change their minds about him, he''s asking them to back the TEAM. What''s the alternative? If we back the lads for the full 90, that''s all we can do, if we audibly don''t back them, that helps the opposition? Not much of a choice in my eyes.

[/quote]

Yes and I agree but given that we are different should the worst happen and we find ourselves playing deep, poor football and Sunderland score there will be a section who will boo! these are the same people who have been going for X amount of years and if they want to vent their frustration they are entitled to do so!

I would much rather get behind the side as normal and fully support the team as i do every game and those around me, we chat about the game and players, we hold our heads in our hands at times, but we don''t boo.

That being said my gripe is not with those who boo, they pay the money and entitled to what they want to do, my gripe is with Hughton and the players, just do your business and the majority of the fans will fully support the team for the full 90.

You will always have the minority who will vent their frustration just part of supporting the club and they are entitled to do so, it may not be right but that''s life!

No, they are not entitled to boo, its sport, not the pantomime.Feel free to make a lame joke[Y]

Cheer and clap like seals all you want , if thats all it takes to survive nobody would ever be in trouble would they ? . Afraid we missed the boat the trouble at Norwich is Hughton and has been since his arrival , too late to sack him now and we will be a Championship side next season . My guess is we will finish bottom , Fulham hold that position at the moment but they are way better than our shower of 5hite .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Cheer and clap like seals all you want , if thats all it takes to survive nobody would ever be in trouble would they ? . Afraid we missed the boat the trouble at Norwich is Hughton and has been since his arrival , too late to sack him now and we will be a Championship side next season . My guess is we will finish bottom , Fulham hold that position at the moment but they are way better than our shower of 5hite .
[/quote]

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :-)

Most attending the game will pay between 5-10% of their weekly take home wage per ticket. Does anyone seriously think they don''t want to see something to inspire and uplift them, and won''t do everything they can to encourage the team to give them the feelgood factor they hope for?

On the other hand, if the team don''t reciprocate, at least in effort and passion, why shouldn''t the crowd express their dissatisfaction? Let''s not forget that most, if not all, members of that team get paid more in a week than the majority of the crowd earn in a year.

Surely the onus is on the team to inspire the crowd, not the other way around? The paying spectators are, after all, the lifeblood of the place, or they used to be until the Sky incentives to just survive exceeded the financial contribution of the fan base by around eightfold. 

FFS! we''re supporters arent we? that means, by definition, we support. The measure of a true supporter is still supporting when things go wrong. Does anyone really believe that CH or any of the players think '' i cant be bothered, so why try?''. Anyone that thought this season would be easy because we spent a few quid is deluded. maybe they''d be happier winning every week in lge 1. Then what ? a tougher season ahead in the champ, ooh and then the scary premiership where if things arent going your way you feel entitled to boo your own team. Even Man U who are, by their own standards , having a mare, back their team....and most of them have no connection whatsoever with manchester.