Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

A united front?!

Hughton has asked for a united front from everyone on Saturday against Sunderland. Well I''m afraid whilst you''re in charge Chris that never going to happen. A lot of fans are sick of your, tactics, the style of play you''ve trained the team to play, your pre/ post match interviews. I''m afraid the only way you''re going to see a united front from everyone at Carrow Road is if you''re somewhere else!

People who complain about his pre/post match interviews are quite frankly idiots who just have a vendetta.

Comes across with dignity and intelligence in his interviews and I much prefer his interviews than Lamberts because Lambert was always belittling Norwich''s status whilst in the premierleague and bigged up the opposition WAY more than Hughton ever did.

[quote user="Stanton Canary"]Hughton has asked for a united front from everyone on Saturday against Sunderland. Well I''m afraid whilst you''re in charge Chris that never going to happen. A lot of fans are sick of your, tactics, the style of play you''ve trained the team to play, your pre/ post match interviews. I''m afraid the only way you''re going to see a united front from everyone at Carrow Road is if you''re somewhere else![/quote]Yep, that attitude is really going to help[Y]

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Surely the whole club would be more united if this inept fool was to sling his hook .[/quote]Well its not going to happen, so tuck your bottom lip back in, and get behind the team.

I just don''t get this untied front rubbish from the fans or the manager / players, when have the fans ever not been behind Norwich from the start at most games? It''s just paper trash and deflecting chriticism deserved by Hughton after the Southampton debacle.

If we start at a high tempo and look like we are fighting the fans will only get louder and more passionate, if we whimp out as we have the last three games then I don''t see why it''s down to the paying fans who care to lift the 60K a week prema donnas to do their duty! Hughton is paid a shed load of money to ensure that the player and management earn their wage and I expect nothing less than 100% effort and an organised team who want to win the game for the fans, the club and most important because they want to!

26000 fans will be there spending their hard earned money because they are passionate, now lets seen some of that loyalty repaid! Never mind motivating the fans to get behind the team get you bloody player to play football for a change! 

I just don''t get this untied front rubbish from the fans or the manager / players, when have the fans ever not been behind Norwich from the start at most games?

Intimating that you''re aware of some where they haven''t and therefore answering your "when" question.

Sorry Indy I disagree, some of the fans have been an absolute disgrace this season, too many people have a personal vendetta against Hughton so no matter what he does, it''s the wrong decision.

The booing of Snoddy from the snakepit, the booing of every sub we make, even when we are taking a completely ineffectual player off like we did Hoolahan vs Stoke last week, or when we took Hooper off because he was injured....  the booing at half time / full time against Stoke last week despite seeing us concede only our first goal in 5 home games which came from a soft penalty.

A lot of fans deserve relegation as their "support" has been anything but.

We had the same situation last time we were in the premier league, got a bunch of whiners and moaners appear all of a sudden, they soon cleared off when we went down.

There were time under Roeder, Worthy and other managers where the atmosphere was acidic from the start! Do you not remember these times? I certianly do.

[quote user="Indy"]There were time under Roeder, Worthy and other managers where the atmosphere was acidic from the start! Do you not remember these times? I certianly do.[/quote]And that makes it okay?

[quote user="ellis206"]

Sorry Indy I disagree, some of the fans have been an absolute disgrace this season, too many people have a personal vendetta against Hughton so no matter what he does, it''s the wrong decision.

The booing of Snoddy from the snakepit, the booing of every sub we make, even when we are taking a completely ineffectual player off like we did Hoolahan vs Stoke last week, or when we took Hooper off because he was injured....  the booing at half time / full time against Stoke last week despite seeing us concede only our first goal in 5 home games which came from a soft penalty.

A lot of fans deserve relegation as their "support" has been anything but.

We had the same situation last time we were in the premier league, got a bunch of whiners and moaners appear all of a sudden, they soon cleared off when we went down.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more[Y]Too many fans acting like spoiled children.

Ellis this is not at the start of the game but during an inept half harted debacle, snodders that day was terrible, but some fans were out of order at that time, but it wasn''t that the fans started out like that, when the game starts the fans are generally very vocal and give it some, after the first 10 minutes it reflects on how much effort and how well our players are doing to carry this on.......you pay me 60K this week and I''ll sing for 90 + minutes!

I don''t and never buy into this rally cry from a failing manager, get that team to play high tempo organised football from the word go and the fans will be behind the team for the full 90.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]There were time under Roeder, Worthy and other managers where the atmosphere was acidic from the start! Do you not remember these times? I certianly do.[/quote]

And that makes it okay?
[/quote]

And where have I said it''s OK? I''ve said that the fans react to what is played out on the pitch!

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]There were time under Roeder, Worthy and other managers where the atmosphere was acidic from the start! Do you not remember these times? I certianly do.[/quote]And that makes it okay?[/quote]

And where have I said it''s OK? I''ve said that the fans react to what is played out on the pitch!

[/quote]Anyone who thinks booing and jeering players, especially during a game, is a moron.

[quote user="Indy"]

Ellis this is not at the start of the game but during an inept half harted debacle, snodders that day was terrible, but some fans were out of order at that time, but it wasn''t that the fans started out like that, when the game starts the fans are generally very vocal and give it some, after the first 10 minutes it reflects on how much effort and how well our players are doing to carry this on.......you pay me 60K this week and I''ll sing for 90 + minutes!

I don''t and never buy into this rally cry from a failing manager, get that team to play high tempo organised football from the word go and the fans will be behind the team for the full 90.

[/quote]

So your support for the team is performance based as it were?

Play well, you get my support, play poorly or get outplayed or at a tempo not to my liking, I''ll withdraw it?

Come on Indy, what do you think would better serve the team, irrespective of your position on the manager and his tactics? If we go 1-0 down and the crowd start booing, I fear the worst. Who knows how little or much we can influence the game but we might as well try and influence it in the "right" direction, don''t you think?

What tangent are you heading on Morty? at times booing and jeering will always be the way of some fans......I don''t do it myself as I just sit shake my head at times, that''s my limit, but if the paying public don''t feel that the players are earinng the right then yes if they feel warrented they will boo.

I''m not saying it''s right or wrong, but one thing is for certain all clubs have an element that will boo.

If Hughton can pprganise, install some passion and play at that high tempo then the fans will have no reason to boo!

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

Play well, you get my support, play poorly or get outplayed or at a tempo not to my liking, I''ll withdraw it?

Come on Indy, what do you think would better serve the team, irrespective of your position on the manager and his tactics? If we go 1-0 down and the crowd start booing, I fear the worst. Who knows how little or much we can influence the game but we might as well try and influence it in the "right" direction, don''t you think?

[/quote]

Warren I''m just playing devils advocate here, I just think it better served that the manager and his players concertrate on their perfromance and don''t give the fans any reason to not get behind the team!

Too many time we have the players give it all we will tunr it around, we will do this and that and end up watching the same unorganised rubbish.

I don''t condone booing at any point but I can understand it.

[quote user="ellis206"]

some of the fans have been an absolute disgrace this season, too many people have a personal vendetta against Hughton so no matter what he does, it''s the wrong decision.

[/quote]

It really appears that some people enjoy being involved in vendettas like this.   Not all - there are many fine supporters who have made their own minds up and that is great - but some - are actively relishing and glorifying in the process.     Its ok wanting a different manager, but the way some approach it is shameful.   Failing to see any redeeming features, failing to take into account outside factors, no credit when things go well, no credit for past achievements.  With some its just a crusade because its what "they" want and they are oblivious to anything else that may be important - like staying in this league.................

[quote user="Indy"]

What tangent are you heading on Morty? at times booing and jeering will always be the way of some fans......I don''t do it myself as I just sit shake my head at times, that''s my limit, but if the paying public don''t feel that the players are earinng the right then yes if they feel warrented they will boo.

I''m not saying it''s right or wrong, but one thing is for certain all clubs have an element that will boo.

If Hughton can pprganise, install some passion and play at that high tempo then the fans will have no reason to boo!

[/quote]You are implying a childish stand off, where a fan is sitting, arms folded, refusing to show any passion and support, unless he sees something he likes on the pitch.I am saying that is childish, and pathetic, and especially so given the importance of Saturdays game. People need to put their silly little agendas and grudges away for 90 minutes, and try and remember what it is we are all trying to achieve.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Warren I''m just playing devils advocate here, I just think it better served that the manager and his players concertrate on their perfromance and don''t give the fans any reason to not get behind the team!

Too many time we have the players give it all we will tunr it around, we will do this and that and end up watching the same unorganised rubbish.

[/quote]

The same unorganised rubbish that has seen us concede one goal in five home games? We''re in a relegation scrap, it''s not going to be Barcelonaesque expansive flicks and tricks, especially against another side fighting for survival. I understand the frustrations, the disappointments, I go away enough to have experienced plenty over the years as well as an absolute array of thumpings, being 4-0 down to Luton was a particular favourite, but booing never helps.

Nobody is asking anyone to "back" the manager but the players will be the same players whoever picks them, get behind them and at least try and have a positive influence on the game. If we need to boo and vent, get onto the ref or the linesmen, put them under the additional pressure - Hughton and the team are more than aware of the pressure on their shoulders already.

[quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The same unorganised rubbish that has seen us concede one goal in five home games? We''re in a relegation scrap, it''s not going to be Barcelonaesque expansive flicks and tricks, especially against another side fighting for survival. I understand the frustrations, the disappointments, I go away enough to have experienced plenty over the years as well as an absolute array of thumpings, being 4-0 down to Luton was a particular favourite, but booing never helps.

Nobody is asking anyone to "back" the manager but the players will be the same players whoever picks them, get behind them and at least try and have a positive influence on the game. If we need to boo and vent, get onto the ref or the linesmen, put them under the additional pressure - Hughton and the team are more than aware of the pressure on their shoulders already.

[/quote]

Any team should be orgainsed and capable of 100% effort, win lose or draw. No one expects a Barcelonaeque perfromance from this team but too many times we don''t get the minimum required. The manager is better off concetrating on the players and just let the perfromance on the pitch do the talking.

When was the last time there was any booing at the start of any game? I don''t know what Morty & yourself are arguing. It''s a cert that if we are playing poor and go down there will be sections which will react negative, it''s some peoples nature! And that''s their perogative to do so! I can''t tell people what to do, this is not Russia!

Yes Morty I have this season at time sat there a shook my head at amazement of how we don''t do the simple things weel and how we have been caught out far too easy! But never booed nor will I revert to do so!

Like I said I don''t condone it, I can understand it and I certain;y won''t be booing come Saturday!

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="Warren Hill"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any team should be orgainsed and capable of 100% effort, win lose or draw. No one expects a Barcelonaeque perfromance from this team but too many times we don''t get the minimum required. The manager is better off concetrating on the players and just let the perfromance on the pitch do the talking.

When was the last time there was any booing at the start of any game? I don''t know what Morty & yourself are arguing. It''s a cert that if we are playing poor and go down there will be sections which will react negative, it''s some peoples nature! And that''s their perogative to do so! I can''t tell people what to do, this is not Russia!

Yes Morty I have this season at time sat there a shook my head at amazement of how we don''t do the simple things weel and how we have been caught out far too easy! But never booed nor will I revert to do so!

Like I said I don''t condone it, I can understand it and I certain;y won''t be booing come Saturday!

[/quote]

You don''t get it, that''s fair enough. You''re not alone in that respect.

Get what Warren, human nature, the fans who have been to FCR for years and if not happy decide to vent their anger? Just because we don''t agree we can''t change that.

I don''t agree with Hughton asking for something which is there, no one goes to FCR with the intent to boo the manager or players, but the fact that Hughton has not reached the majority of the fans expectations this seaosn the frustration will be there to see. Had hughton got three points against Stoke and a point at either Southampton or Villa then we would not be debating this!

We all know we are in last chance alley but that''s not the fans fault, that''s at the hands of ther players and manager. We will still be here long after he''s gone!

People who complain about his pre/post match interviews are quite frankly idiots who just have a vendetta.

Comes across with dignity and intelligence in his interviews and I much prefer his interviews than Lamberts because Lambert was always belittling Norwich''s status whilst in the premierleague and bigged up the opposition WAY more than Hughton ever did.

Yeah right. Just what s needed, dignity and intelligence. That''ll help us win more than the FIVE home games we have this season won''t it. And Lambert - belittling Norwich''s staus, yeah, right!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]There were time under Roeder, Worthy and other managers where the atmosphere was acidic from the start! Do you not remember these times? I certianly do.[/quote]And that makes it okay?[/quote]

[/quote]Anyone who thinks booing and jeering players, especially during a game, is a moron.[/quote]

Can''t even have a peaceful lunch and browse the Pink Un MB without encountering good old faithful sheepdog Morty rounding up dissenters. Don''t you ever rest ? Are you still banging on about booing ?!

I told you yesterday and I''m telling you today that the booing on Saturday was not aimed at the players. There is no point to your argument.

However, I was really p_d off with Snodgrass on Saturday. How dare he come across to the away fans and gesticulate rudely at us. There is absolutely no excuse for such behaviour. There is no justification for players abusing fans during games. Anybody who thinks players jeering and booing fans , especially during a game, is (justified) is a moron. (deep sigh of satisfied indignation). But, of course, Snodgrass didn''t, I just made up the false premise so I could scramble up to the moral high ground and deliver a self-satisfying lecture from on high. Sit, Morty sit ! good dog. Have another biscuit.

Well, I would like to see the back of him too, but I am a City fan, so I''ll be behind the team on Saturday! It''s about the club and if you''re a supporter you support the club, even if the going is tough. The fact that CH is inept...is something completely different...during the 90 mins we have to get behind the lads...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Well, I would like to see the back of him too, but I am a City fan, so I''ll be behind the team on Saturday! It''s about the club and if you''re a supporter you support the club, even if the going is tough. The fact that CH is inept...is something completely different...during the 90 mins we have to get behind the lads...[/quote]Exactly the right attitude[Y]

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]Anyone who thinks booing and jeering players, especially during a game, is a moron.[/quote]

Can''t even have a peaceful lunch and browse the Pink Un MB without encountering good old faithful sheepdog Morty rounding up dissenters. Don''t you ever rest ? Are you still banging on about booing ?!

I told you yesterday and I''m telling you today that the booing on Saturday was not aimed at the players. There is no point to your argument.

However, I was really p_d off with Snodgrass on Saturday. How dare he come across to the away fans and gesticulate rudely at us. There is absolutely no excuse for such behaviour. There is no justification for players abusing fans during games. Anybody who thinks players jeering and booing fans , especially during a game, is (justified) is a moron. (deep sigh of satisfied indignation). But, of course, Snodgrass didn''t, I just made up the false premise so I could scramble up to the moral high ground and deliver a self-satisfying lecture from on high. Sit, Morty sit ! good dog. Have another biscuit.[/quote]You''re a knob[Y]

I''m not one of hughtons biggest fans like you all know, but when I get in Carrow road, I support the team with every bit of energy I have.

I''ve never boo''d a Norwich team or player. I''ll pass on my views on here, Facebook and Twitter but it stops the minute the game starts.

There is a perception about the "outers" that we need to get behind the team. We do, but I know I''m not the only one like this and many other people that share my views are amongst some of the most vocal people inside Carrow road.

The Barclay and snakepit try and get things going but it never goes beyond them.

Maybe the other stands need to step up a bit in making this happen.