Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

TRAINING AT COLNEY

I am going to back Snodgrass in this debate. He is one of the only players who currently plays with enthusiasm, drive and passion. One of this seasons only plus points in my opinion.

Good shout for POTS. Suffered hugely for taking that penalty against Villa. Perhaps even that may be viewed in a different light now. Afterall it wasn''t a bad penalty and was a good save. His record in finding the net since could suggest letting RVW take it would have been wrong...

Talking of POTS, i don''t know who i would give it too. I just don''t think anyone has really stepped up to take the crown this season. No real standout... You''re suggesting Snodgrass, my neighbour at Carrow Road would give it to Olsen and some even suggested Bradley Johnson. For me.. None of these players have set the world alight this season - but no other player really has either. If the season were to end on Saturday I wouldn''t vote.

[quote user="Delboy"]Talking of POTS, i don''t know who i would give it too. I just don''t think anyone has really stepped up to take the crown this season. No real standout... [/quote]Got to be Ruddy for me.

If Snodgrass gets POTS then it is then end of all sense and reason on this planet.

Has been effing awful all season, can''t beat a player down the line, can''t cross a ball for toffee constantly hits the first man, told our supporters to F''Off when they got angry for another sh1t corner.

He shouldn''t be in the top 3.

IMO there aren''t any real candidates this season. Ruddy has been consistent, Olson steady but not spectacular, Martin the same, maybe Tettey.

Apart from that has there been any stand out players this season?

Fer, all hype no substance, Johnson maybe at least shows some spirit, none of the centre halves, Redmond great in patches so so poor the rest of the time, as for the strikers ha ha ha.

Should cancel the whole thing this year

Snoddy winning POTY would be comparable to the years Matt Jackson and Lee Croft won it... they got it because no one else voted!!

I fail to understand why snodgrass is hated so much. Every season hes been here he''s scored goals and created many with bagfulls of assists. Works a lot harder than people think and he isn''t lazy it''s just his body language.

He hasn''t the pace to sprint past defenders but nearly always puts a quality ball in the box. Considering our awful season this year 4 goals and 5 assists needs to be taken with applause. With a more fluent style of football and people actually in the box I could see him doubling that tally

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 18/03/2014 12:08 PM:

"His record in finding the net since could suggest letting RVW take it would have been wrong..."

Quite the opposite I would say. The logical decision would have been to let RVW take it as he has already scored 18 in his short career. Snoddy made himself look lie a pillock that day.

Full of passion for the game and desire to win. His contribution to the team this season has been equalled by very few, possibly only Ruddy, Olsson, Martin and Leroy.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 18/03/2014 12:08 PM:

"His record in finding the net since could suggest letting RVW take it would have been wrong..."

Quite the opposite I would say. The logical decision would have been to let RVW take it as he has already scored 18 in his short career. Snoddy made himself look lie a pillock that day.[/quote]

Yes I thought that at the time. But now I''m not sure. The jury has to be out on RVW and it''s just as likely he could have passed his penalty to the keeper like he did that shot on Saturday. Of course I''m not being entirely serious here but it was still a good job Snoddy was on hand to finally put the ball in the net...

RVW has 1 goal and 1 assist this season. Same as Pilks and Wes. Snoddy has 4 goals and 2 assists. You wouldn''t think it though..

[;)]

[quote user="Delboy"]Talking of POTS, i don''t know who i would give it too. I just don''t think anyone has really stepped up to take the crown this season. No real standout... You''re suggesting Snodgrass, my neighbour at Carrow Road would give it to Olsen and some even suggested Bradley Johnson. For me.. None of these players have set the world alight this season - but no other player really has either. If the season were to end on Saturday I wouldn''t vote.

[/quote]

Good point actually. I''d back a plan to vote the 12th man as POTS as no player really deserves it IMO.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 18/03/2014 12:08 PM: "His record in finding the net since could suggest letting RVW take it would have been wrong..." Quite the opposite I would say. The logical decision would have been to let RVW take it as he has already scored 18 in his short career. Snoddy made himself look lie a pillock that day.[/quote]

Yes I thought that at the time. But now I''m not sure. The jury has to be out on RVW and it''s just as likely he could have passed his penalty to the keeper like he did that shot on Saturday. Of course I''m not being entirely serious here but it was still a good job Snoddy was on hand to finally put the ball in the net...

RVW has 1 goal and 1 assist this season. Same as Pilks and Wes. Snoddy has 4 goals and 2 assists. You wouldn''t think it though..

[;)]

[/quote]

Given the proportion of the attacks that go through him,  the lack of balls passed to rvw or hooper in similar areas is his success rate really one tobe proud off?    More failed crosses than the rest of the team has tried - 2 assists from 200 ish crosses?

Snoddy is not playing to the inspirational levels he showed last season and had many poor games,  so to perserve either with starting him irrespective or putting such a great emphasis through the right channel is baffling.