Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Benno's back..

Great to see him back, intellectually he occupies the same category as RM and as far as I am concerned this pairing will be our best pairimg on thr right.

[quote user="Ray"]Great to see him back, intellectually he occupies the same category as RM and as far as I am concerned this pairing will be our best pairimg on thr right.[/quote]

Ditto ^^ [Y]

Phew - misplaced the apostrophe for a minute and thought he had picked up another injury....

Definitely good to have another option.   Given whittakers poor showing at rb being worse than the poor martin perhaps he really is after all a rb option.     Still feels too soon for this season though - need him to be playing half games for the under 21 team soon.

Great news - I rate him- quick, good shot and excellent in defensive work. Pu those three together and he could be our best winger if he has lost nothing of his ability.

He''s not a right back IMO and he would be totally wasted playing left midfield if Hughton continues to play inverted wingers!

It''d be nice to see him before the end of the season. He looked class versus Everton and I was looking forward do a big season from him.

Great news. But could Hughton drop Snodgrass for him? Or will he stick him on the left as others have suggested?

I don''t remember him playing on the left last season.. wasn''t it mainly RB and RW - subbing for Martin and Snoddy mainly? I see he made 23 apps last season - most as a sub I suppose? My memory is terrible..

[quote user="MancCanary"]

I don''t remember him playing on the left last season...[/quote]yep he did it several timesabout as effective as a plastic frying pan

Our opening day line up:

01 Ruddy

02 Martin

03 Whittaker

06 Turner

18 Garrido

04 Johnson

08 Howson

17 E Bennett

22 Redmond (Olsson - 86'' )

09 van Wolfswinkel

14 Hoolahan (Tettey - 73'' )

If Bennett comes back in, he''ll be looking to oust Snoddy by the looks of it. Funny looking at that back four!

[quote user="MancCanary"]Great news. But could Hughton drop Snodgrass for him? Or will he stick him on the left as others have suggested?

I don''t remember him playing on the left last season.. wasn''t it mainly RB and RW - subbing for Martin and Snoddy mainly? I see he made 23 apps last season - most as a sub I suppose? My memory is terrible..[/quote]

It doesn''t have to be either or though. Football today is very much about options from the bench as starting elevens. When we went to Cardiff we had good options on the bench so the substitutions made an impact when they came on. Well an impact on the game if not the result! Whichever one out of Snoody or Benno starts the other would be a good option from the bench. It''s our bench that''s really suffered because of injuries this season. Ideally you need 18 players who are good enough to start without weakening the team. Or as close to that as you can get.