Sign in to follow this  
Jed Yokel

Steve Clarke to be appointed by Tuesday

My esteemed sources who cannot be revealed have informed me that Steve Clarke has already been lined up to take charge this week.

In preparation for this moment he has been studying Norwich games for the last month, so he can make a immediate impact against Sunderland.

The board has been won over by his style and plans to get the best out of RVW and Hooper whose struggle for goals has undermined Hughton''s position after the record outlay of capital in the summer.

Screw that! He was hopeless at West Brom and got lucky that Lukaku was at his disposal. I''d rather have nobody as manager and let the players just do whatever!

If we are to make a change now then this is as good as it will get. Anyone expecting more in our position are deluded.

Enquiries were made surrounding the possibility of Laudrup taking over. However the lack of drive on Laudrup''s part has been the main stumbling block. In the words of one board member, "he''s not the man for a dogfight."

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Screw that! He was hopeless at West Brom and got lucky that Lukaku was at his disposal. I''d rather have nobody as manager and let the players just do whatever![/quote]

Hopeless????? eighth place finish last season, he got Lukaku in on loan when he had not scored a Prem goal, ver hard done by at WBA, I''d take Clarke over hapless Hughton any day,even better with his old sparring partner Zola

If we were to appoint anyone now. It would need to be manager with an ax to grind. Someone who want''s the challenge. Who needs this challenge to propel their career, or to prove themselves, and restore their reputation. Their reputation would have to mean more to them, than the length of their contract (it could be a 8 game deal.) Ideally, of course, we''d want them to stay on, and success in the lower leagues, would be advantageous. He would need to have an instant impact on the players, and have a set regime for working towards survival....  I give you Paolo Di Canio 

[quote user="Yellow Oracle"]My esteemed sources who cannot be revealed have informed me that Steve Clarke has already been lined up to take charge this week.

In preparation for this moment he has been studying Norwich games for the last month, so he can make a immediate impact against Sunderland.

The board has been won over by his style and plans to get the best out of RVW and Hooper whose struggle for goals has undermined Hughton''s position after the record outlay of capital in the summer.[/quote]

In the same way Peter Grant did, Look what happened there

I only discovered this week that the 9th best manager according to this thread, one Nigel Worthington, is the cousin of the current Liverpool manager Brendan Rogers.

Just for the pointless trivia lovers...

He might look miserable, but just supposing he had the talent to keep us up ?. So many candidates are rejected for silly reasons ie Steve Bruce-looks like an old woman, Malky Mackay- because like Bryan Gunn he used to play for us, . I remember that Paul Lambert''s appointment did not exactly delight many here either. Managerial appointments are all luck, how many really work out well ?

You are right of course,in any one season there are only a handful of managers who do well,a lot that are ordinary and another batch who are awfull and then the lot that go from club to club all their working life doing not much.We are a club who will always have a bog standard manager most of the time,once in a blue moon we will have a good one and he will go to better things or so he thinks,then we will get a bad one and he will go and vanish of the face of the earth and inbetween there will be many of the ordinary ones that will stay till we tire of them.Any manager we get is a gamble and the vast majority will be on a par with Hoots.

[quote user="Yellow Oracle"]My esteemed sources who cannot be revealed [/quote]

i think it''s time you revealed them... for the liar that they are..

or there was no source and its inside your head?