Sign in to follow this  
ian engall

neil warnock

i am a season ticket holder in the city stand sitting between the tunnel and the away team dug out(front row). for the second season running i have had to put up with the most foul language from a visiting manager - the one and only neil warnock. he was so bad last season i complained to the stewards at half time and they asked the referee to speak to warnock. yesterday he was at his foulmouthed worst. i am not a prude by any means but if i used language like warnock utters,quite rightly the stewards would seek to have me ejected from the ground. i have had many conversations with visiting managers, mick mccarthy and dario grady this season were great, and there is no one(not even dennis wise) who comes out with the language that warnock does. i complained to the fourth official several times yesterday only to be ignored. warnock is quite right to call for suspensions when officials err in this current professional game. warnock should also be suspended - dual standards or what?

What a shame that a great set of supporters like Sheff Utd, have Warnock as a manager. I travelled back to Peterborough with some of their supporters and not one of them complained that they should have had a penalty. Let us hope that this manager remains in the first division next year, or better still, he gets the sack.

Instead of having a go at the ref and linesman he should take a leaf out of Worthy''s book and accept that over the season the decisions even themselves out. There were some strange decisions made against us in the match, but you just have to get on with the game.

I must say i am not surprised at your comments. I have always disliked Warnock and this weekends events have confirmed everything i thought of him. I saw in one of yesterdays papers that he thought the linesman was from Yorkshire, so was probably a Wednesday fan, how petty is that. Maybe Warnock is complaining in the hope that he will have the officials at another game this season and they will side with his team rather than annoy him again. I am not a great NW fan, but he would never behave like that. Great result for City

Add all of the above to his comments regarding Norwich slipping down in to play-off places ("Maybe we''ll see you boys again this season" + "after seeing them today, Norwich are very catchable" Times, 2/2/04) and it''s not hard to see why he is called "Colin". Another poster mentioned this too, for those that didn''t see it - take the letters C-o-l-i-n from Neil Warnock and rearrange whats left.

Oh for the days when we can moan about Wengers myopia, or Fergusons watch.

OTBC

I''ve never liked him but did anyone see him on Sky on Richard Keys programme commenting on the Watford game that we lost? I was amazed it was the same guy. He was calm, soft spoken, entertaining and described the action well and fairly throughout although he obviously had an interest in Watford winning. I guess where his own team is not involved his judgement and attitude are much improved but having gone up in my estimation he''s right back down again after this weekend!