Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Why don't we have any statues?

Huckerby deserves it. Not only was he a brilliant player and the best I''ve seen playing for us since I started supporting in 2000 but he was an absolute class act and his dedication to this club was incredible given the times. Could you imagine Holt or Hoolahan taking pay cuts like he did to carry on playing for us? The moment when he came on in the Celtic friendly was the most spine tingling moment I''ve had at Carrow road, the fans adore the guy!

He might not have been a global superstar but he was ours

"that any team would acknowledge and respect"

That''s what it comes down to then is it? What fans of other teams think? Being ashamed and embarrassed to support Norwich and not believing in our right to a history? The club with the oldest surviving football song in the world, who have been playing in the same place since 1935 and in 21 years will get to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Carrow Road?

Le Juge...what a strange comment about Dubai? Dubai certainly isnt boring I can assure you, far from it.

Anyway, back to the subject........you make a good point about our history and we should all be proud to support such a great club, I really am and make a point of mentioning who I support and why, even to people in the street who didnt ask :-) .........perhaps the statue should be one that sings OTBC when anybody walks past it......

If your club had the slightest conscience they''d weigh yours in to pay off St Johns Ambulance. Would be apt because you''re not remembered for those two gentlemen anymore. You''re remembered for being cheating scum who ripped off their own community. You''re not even the same club who have that history. That club went into administration. You''re now just a tax dodge for an arms dealer. So after those two are weighed in you could put a plastic mucus one where they once stood.

[quote user="yellow old boy"]We have 11 overpaid ones every Saturday , my choice would be Ron Saunders , started it all off in 1972[/quote]

If you look at a graphic representation of our league finishes throughout our history, the upward mobility ran from just prior to the 59 cup run and saw it end in 1995, of course there were the relegation seasons but a line of best fit through that period shows a steady ascent.

So it started a bit before 1972.

It started for me much later, the early/mid 80s so I''d choose Kevin Drinkell. Started it all off in 1986.

A binner comes on to our board ripping the piss and hardly anybody takes him to task for it. With some preferring to join him in fact. And yet many of you will happily rip into other Norwich fans. Just imagine how hard life would be if we were them?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

A binner comes on to our board ripping the piss and hardly anybody takes him to task for it. With some preferring to join him in fact. And yet many of you will happily rip into other Norwich fans. Just imagine how hard life would be if we were them?

[/quote]

What do you expect? Half the people that post on this site are binners, fans of other clubs or just plain mental. It shows how little pride our fans have that despite being 15th in the Premier League, we are all doom, gloom and waving white hankies while the fans of a mid-table championship side come on here and cop the piss. Ridiculous.

Yah boo, isn''t Osborne 2-9 a silly fellow posting on here and by the way isn''t Ip**** ****?

Besides this, just because a binner comes on to try to rip the p. out of this debate and this club, doesn''t mean I am going to change my mind. I think we should put up a statue of the founders, if anyone - not a player or manager.