Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Most Valuable/Highly prized asset?

As seen on another thread "If Norwich went down, x would be the first player teams would be bidding for"

So who in your opinion would be considered our most coveted player, and how much could we ask for them.

I would think probably either Redmond or Ruddy. Redmond clearly has potential and is still really young, its just a case of what price that could command. Ruddy is a proven Premier League GK. Last season, before his injury I think we could reasonably have asked 10m+ for him, this season he hasnt caught the eye as much and probably wont go to the World Cup, so think his value has probably dropped. Think we could probably ask around 8m for Redmond and probably around the same perhaps a bit less for Ruddy

Fer and Ruddy.Redmond will probably go for what we paid, plus add-ons.RVW will have to be loaned out to the Dutch league, or similar, for a year to rebuild his reputation. Then we might make back some of what we paid for him a season later, or even invite him back if we''ve got promoted from the Championship.

Redmond is worth at least double what we paid plus add-ons. He has a years PL experience, look at how much similar players with none have sold for in recent years? We got a mega bargain with Redmond.

I''d say we could get about £5/6m for Snodgrass. Same for Fer. £8m for Ruddy. £5m for Howson. £4m for Redmond. About £7m for RvW. £5/6m for Hooper.

We''d get money back on RVW easily, given that we underpaid for his value. Or supposed value anyway.

I think we''d sell RvW for a bit less or similar price. Not more. No chance. As someone else suggested though, he''d have to be loaned out for a year to get his reputation back up before we could sell him for more money.

yellow nets........

''I''d say we could get about £5/6m for Snodgrass. Same for Fer. £8m for Ruddy. £5m for Howson. £4m for Redmond. About £7m for RvW. £5/6m for Hooper.''

.Reality Check.That would equate to about £32 ish million.... just about enough for ONE top class player from a top six side, and people wonder why we''ve found it tough going in the Premier League.

It really does depend on the finance of the club and who would want to buy failing footballers.

Bassong has been relegated before and this would mark him as a championship defender, Fer, RVW, Hooper & Redmond on paper should demand a good fee but, I''m pretty sure all will have a relegation clause in thier contract and have long term deals to stay here.

I would doubt that Elmander & Gut would be signed so ther loans will go back and I''m sure with Bennett, Turner, Pilks all back next year for a full term we would have the making of a good Championship side.

I''m not sure who will go, the bigger question would be if we survive who will our new manager want to keep and who will he show the door to?

[quote user="ron obvious"]I think you''d all be hugely disappointed by the price any of our players would realise if put up for sale.[/quote]
Not really.
We don''t need to sell, even if we go down, so any players leaving will be going for decent prices.
We don''t have a bunch of League One players anymore. A poor season doesn''t mean a player is past it, clubs don''t buy players based on one season. RVW could easily move to another club, probably abroad and pick up his previous scoring record. Our people know that, whoever would want to buy him would know that so he''d sell for a similar amount to the price we bought him. For example.

Yes, GP, I realise we don''t need to sell. But I am talking about the open market, in other words what price another club would be prepared to pay to attract a player of ours they wanted. I find some of the sums being bandied about on here to be ridiculously optimistic.

Which ones ron?
The only one i''d not be sure about is the Ruddy for £8 million. Not many PL clubs would be buying him to be first choice, it''d only be the likes of say Swansea, maybe Villa or possibly Newcastle if they lost their first choice GK to a bigger club.
Fees like the ones quoted for Snoddy, Redmond, Hooper and RVW are perfectly reasonable because first team players, even at a not very good club form wise like us don''t sell for less that that. Find me a player like Snodgrass at a PL club, even one who''s gone down that has sold for less than £5 million... Look at Jarvis and whoever the other Wolves winger was with him, they both went for ridiculous amounts.

As you say, GP, I suspect Ruddy would be less (sub £5m IMO) & the others lower than that - a lot in the £1 m - £3m I''m guessing (Redmond perhaps a bit more).

I really don''t see Snodgrass being a regular first team player at many other clubs; perhaps somebody might offer about £4m but that would be pushing it.

RvW is really concerning. It''s almost like we fell for the "look at the massive price reduction!!! Must be bargain of the Century!!" routine. You might get a continental club coming in for him, but I can''t imagine another PL club paying more than a fraction of what we did. It would be a massive gamble for them , he''s looked that bad.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ron obvious"]I think you''d all be hugely disappointed by the price any of our players would realise if put up for sale.[/quote]
Not really.
We don''t need to sell, even if we go down, so any players leaving will be going for decent prices.
We don''t have a bunch of League One players anymore. A poor season doesn''t mean a player is past it, clubs don''t buy players based on one season. RVW could easily move to another club, probably abroad and pick up his previous scoring record. Our people know that, whoever would want to buy him would know that so he''d sell for a similar amount to the price we bought him. For example.
[/quote]GP, you think our acquisitions over the last two or three years have been so dumb as not to have insisted on relegation-release clauses in their contracts?I would imagine most members of the 25-man squad have them, so we would have to sell if an offer of a certain level came in from a Premer League Club.

The price would be subject to a number of things, age, contract, how desperate the player was to leave, how desperate the club were to get rid, amount of interest, financial situation at the club and the interested clubs.

Say RVW doesn''t want to leave, we decide we can afford his salary for a year and think he''ll lead us back up, it would take like £10m for us to part at least meaning a deal would be unlikely, as nobody would pay that for him.

If he suddenly threw a hissy fit (and lost his loyalty bonus etc) his value would drop. Likewise even if he wanted to stay be we wanted rid, his value would drop significantly, even possibly to the point where we give him away to get him off the wage bill, as if he''s on £50k a week then that would be like £3m saved in wages a year.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="ron obvious"]I think you''d all be hugely disappointed by the price any of our players would realise if put up for sale.[/quote]
Not really.
[/quote]GP, you think our acquisitions over the last two or three years have been so dumb as not to have insisted on relegation-release clauses in their contracts?I would imagine most members of the 25-man squad have them, so we would have to sell if an offer of a certain level came in from a Premer League Club.[/quote]
Yes and the release clauses aren''t going to be that low.
Seriously, you don''t see any relegated club sell off half a dozen of their first choice players for a couple million each. Are players are worth a lot more than that.

Not you specifically YN,please dont take it personally. i just feel that too many supporters view things too subjectively, rather than objectively. Given that we , as a club have not had a good season, very few,if any of our players would attract such high prices. We''d be at the mercy of the vultures with cash. Not many of our ''top'' players have played well this season. Redmond has looked better for england u21 than for us. Fer, who i was very exited about, has been patchy. RvW and Hoops have underperformed. No other club will have the attitude that under another manager, these guys would be world beaters( a common opinion on this message board) , they''d just look at the stats....and price their offers accordingly.

Look at it this way, if these guys played for someone else and we were looking to buy them, what would we think is a reasonable offer? I fear that the numbers would be much smaller, and as with most things.... the truth lies somewhere inbetween.

wcork, we won''t be selling any of those players if the number is much shorter.
Go find a player like Snodgrass, from a relegated team who has sold for £2/3 million. You won''t find one. He also does a lot more than we don''t always appreciate, his general stats compared to other attacking players in the league match up very well every time i''ve seen them quoted, even when he hasn''t been playing well. Redmond was a bargain compared to similarly rated Zaha, Ince etc. 
Fer won''t be sold based on some inconsistent performances. He''d be sold based on his actual ability and what other teams think they can get from them performance wise.
I don''t understand why people seem to think our players are worth so little. Has no one noticed the transfer fees one, we bought these players for, and two other players in similar situations, similar ability levels etc have sold for?

All good points and true ,contracts aren''t worth the paper their written on ,but all these players are under contract ,we don''t have to sell ,unless it''s in their written in to them , once a new manager is in place ,things might change , that''s if we go down

Our biggest asset has to be the wonderful Carrow Road stadium!!

wcork, we won''t be selling any of those players if the number is much shorter.

Go find a player like Snodgrass, from a relegated team who has sold for £2/3 million. You won''t find one. He also does a lot more than we don''t always appreciate, his general stats compared to other attacking players in the league match up very well every time i''ve seen them quoted, even when he hasn''t been playing well. Redmond was a bargain compared to similarly rated Zaha, Ince etc.

Fer won''t be sold based on some inconsistent performances. He''d be sold based on his actual ability and what other teams think they can get from them performance wise.

I don''t understand why people seem to think our players are worth so little. Has no one noticed the transfer fees one, we bought these players for, and two other players in similar situations, similar ability levels etc have sold for?

Ginge, all i was trying to say is that our players are not at a premium price right now. If, say, for instance we pick up 12 pts by the end of the season and finish mid table then the value of our players will go up .

Take Man U for instance, if they sold all their players tomorrow, how many would fetch their buying price, let alone beat it? they havent had a good season, and nor have we.

Leroys inconsistency may be a flaw in his ability.

Snodders though frustrating has been one of our best this season.